Jordan Retro Restocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I  just got off the phone w FNL, here's what I found out:

1) I have been "flagged" on February 6th.

2) The flag had a comment about my "email" I used. (I use 3 diff emails for ordering).

3) She said it could have been because I tried "multiple attempts" to purchase on 2/6/2012.

4) She said AFTER 2 attempts, you get flagged (not sure if this is true).

5) "flagging" lasts anywhere from 2-30 days (2 weeks is the halfway point).

6) She suggested I don't even use PayPal on ANY major release.

7) She said the gift cards can ONLY be bought in $25/$50/$100.. so I would have to use multiple gift cards when I checkout.  

With this being said I'm going to do the following:

1) Always use the SAME EXACT email, address, phone number when I order from FNL.

2) Only make 2 attempts to purchase an item (exceptions will be made)

3) Try a pre-paid VISA / or a Gift Card

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those that feel bad, I put a lot of time into this release. I had all my macros setup with the backdoor links and had multiple CC's but still failed. I don't give up.. never. Just find better solutions 8)

Repped. I was counting on this restock too. Thanks for the info! Appreciate it!

Repped. I was counting on this restock too. Thanks for the info! Appreciate it!
No problem man! With all the work the guys on here put into this stuff it's the least I can do. Hopefully we're all more informed next time and will all cop.

FNL's website has built in authentication for the CC payment. That's why you're in the secure HTTPS:// when you're at checkout. Backdoor link wasn't secure, so if someone was sniffing your packets, your credit card would easily be compromised. Fortunately, that's unlikely unless you were buying from a public wifi spot, like a starbucks or something that had already been attacked by hackers. ANYWAYS.... With Paypal, at checkout you are sent you to paypal's secure server where you authenticate, and return the information back to FNL. It's like stepping out of line at checkout to go pay at customer service and then coming back to your cart to see it's empty. It works on NDC much better because they hold your cart.

this is only my 5th or 6th Purchase from FNL Since December. Im pretty sure they somehow flagged me, i had the Concords and Breds at 5:52am PST and my paypal failed 3 times in a row, the 4th attempt completely emptying out my cart. I then tried again with my CC and failed yet again. I knew they couldn't be sold out, because it was still only 5:56 by then, so i tryed another card, failed again. Tryed one final attempt with my girls Debt, and FNL accepted first Try. I did all this on the Same I.P , Mailing Address, and FNL account. 

So im definitely thinking they flagged only names! 

got a sz 12 bred at 7:25 am central time, woke up 20 minutes after my 7am alarm, missed concords, was pissed!!

Feel pretty fortunate to be walking away with some Concords. Especially with less than 300 pairs of them.

Last edited:
FNL's website has built in authentication for the CC payment. That's why you're in the secure HTTPS:// when you're at checkout. Backdoor link wasn't secure, so if someone was sniffing your packets, your credit card would easily be compromised. Fortunately, that's unlikely unless you were buying from a public wifi spot, like a starbucks or something that had already been attacked by hackers. ANYWAYS.... With Paypal, at checkout you are sent you to paypal's secure server where you authenticate, and return the information back to FNL. It's like stepping out of line at checkout to go pay at customer service and then coming back to your cart to see it's empty. It works on NDC much better because they hold your cart.
repped!

i tried to cop a pair and pay with paypal, went through all the checkout pages, and got the "thank you you're order is placed" page. yet, the order isn't listed on my order history, and never received a fnl confirmation email. paypal has the payment as "pending..." i called customer service, and waited like twenty minutes, and got sick of the music in the background and hung up. you think this order has gone through?

LOL during the restocks last week, I was on hold for an hour and fifteen minutes till I finally got through to speak to someone about my order. That music got so damn annoying but I just waited it out.

These restocks are pretty good still havent got my hands on Bred 11s or White cement 4s but i must say being able to atleast try an cop at retail is great, just need to work on their checkout process.

It's possible that they flag your billing/shipping address because my sister tried for me and could not pay either. I had no idea they flagged people. In retrospect, this really sucks for me because I was in the site and was checking out already for so many other drops... 
mean.gif

this is only my 5th or 6th Purchase from FNL Since December. Im pretty sure they somehow flagged me, i had the Concords and Breds at 5:52am PST and my paypal failed 3 times in a row, the 4th attempt completely emptying out my cart. I then tried again with my CC and failed yet again. I knew they couldn't be sold out, because it was still only 5:56 by then, so i tryed another card, failed again. Tryed one final attempt with my girls Debt, and FNL accepted first Try. I did all this on the Same I.P , Mailing Address, and FNL account. 

I think they flag the "address" associated with the CC/billing information. It most likely worked with your girls card because she probably has that registered at a different address, right?

Also, did you have it shipped to her house and all under her name?

Last edited:

I think they flag the "address" associated with the CC/billing information. It most likely worked with your girls card because she probably has that registered at a different address, right?

Also, did you have it shipped to her house and all under her name?

sigh, the theories will go on forever. there are stories out there, including mine, that completely trumph this concept.

With the restock a couple of days they held my money for like an hour then i had it back.

With today theyve had it since the morning, im not worried doe its only $188 theyre holding not like i need it right now.

Does anyone know if foot locker is restocking on 11s? I just got off the phone with a rep and she said they will not be restocking online, only in select stores.

sigh, the theories will go on forever. there are stories out there, including mine, that completely trumph this concept.
if you call FNL they have notes on why/how you were flagged, that's not theory. Along with the date you were flagged.

There's only so many variables in the equation on this it's not rocket science. The bottom line is the FNL rep said if I had used a gift card I would have copped.

The other thing is FNL addressed this on their BLOG and has said it's because of "fraud" prevention. This only leaves a couple variables..

http://blog.finishline.com/2013/02/06/helpful-tips-for-buying-jordans-on-finishline-com/

Last edited:
WCIV's from Thursday restock came in today. Hoping FNL restocks the Bred IVs for the big dogs at some point..

if you call FNL they have notes on why/how you were flagged, that's not theory. Along with the date you were flagged.

There's only so many variables in the equation on this it's not rocket science. The bottom line is the FNL rep said if I had used a gift card I would have copped.

except that 2 of my attempts had accounts that never ordered online before. 1 as a paypal guest shipping to my moms house. 1 with my fiances account.
the fact that you can process an order AFTER the sell out with the same exact card means they had a failure in their authorization system.

Shout to that dude with the blog who called the details of this restock! I swear I thought he was making the stuff up... but not enough to sleep on it. Thanks to everybody who offers good info!

exactly right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom