Jordan Retro Restocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
except that 2 of my attempts had accounts that never ordered online before. 1 as a paypal guest shipping to my moms house. 1 with my fiances account.
the fact that you can process an order AFTER the sell out with the same exact card means they had a failure in their authorization system.
Sorry to hear you didn't cop man. My guess would be the PayPal account you use still had the "flagged" address on it though. And if your fiance has

the same address on her account/CC.. my theory is that it all goes back to the info/address on that billing info (CC or PayPal).

That's why the Gift Card bypasses that, since it has no billing info attached to it (that's also what the FNL rep told me)

I agree though, this whole thing is a headache. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops like this. If I were you I would definitely call them up on the phone and ask what's been flagged. I'm kinda curious what they're telling everyone else..

Last edited:
lurked around here a couple of time... just wanted to say thanks to all of the dudes that help out with the info... I missed out on these but appreciate the info

I just got an email from PayPal confirming my finishline order that I thought said failed. Does it mean it actually went through?!

BullsInDa90s - you not hearing me man. the address had never been used before. my mom dont buy stuff from finishline. i have never used that paypal before with finishline.

i write software for a living. the theory they are giving you makes absolutely no sense considering whomever was unsuccessul this morning can go into the site right now and order whatever they want. that shows they were having a technical issue not that they are blocking people due to some verification.

Saw this on my Online Bank Statement. FNL didn't even except it, but somehow its showing in my bank account, but not in my paypal account.

Not worried one bit, but just giving a heads up to some.

I just got an email from PayPal confirming my finishline order that I thought said failed. Does it mean it actually went through?!
this happened to me once, i called FNL and they said the order didn't go through.  try calling or waiting for your finishline confirmation or shipping email.

im just worried fnl will fail me this weekend for the royals. every second is critical ordering on their website. i think imma just use my sisters cc with a different addy to avoid this mess.

BullsInDa90s - you not hearing me man. the address had never been used before. my mom dont buy stuff from finishline. i have never used that paypal before with finishline.

i write software for a living. the theory they are giving you makes absolutely no sense considering whomever was unsuccessul this morning can go into the site right now and order whatever they want. that shows they were having a technical issue not that they are blocking people due to some verification.
BigJ, I also write software for a living (specifically Java webapps). If you call FNL up on the phone they will tell you why the order didn't go through..

The theory they are giving me comes from there BLOG, I don't think that's wrong. FNL posted that publicly..

As a developer you obviously know they use an "algorithm". Something in their algorithm was preventing you from checking out. Everyone that couldn't check out on here this morning has been saying they were "flagged", including me. Which has been verified by FNL.

You're theory is that they are having other "technical issues".. but we don't have any backing on that statement.. As you know FNL has ALWAYS had PayPal issues. It could be that the algorithm uses names and addresses and/or a combination.

But to just come out and say our theories are wrong when FNL has backed them up on a BLOG and I just got off the phone with a rep doesn't hold a ton of merit to me.

Last edited:
Ok I been reading this forum for the past few hours so I decided to make an account and this what I experience while checking out for the bred 11's. 

First when I was checking out I checked out as a guest.

Second I put in my shipping address and then I choose to pay with paypal.

In my paypal my billing address in different from my shipping address. The shipping address is a residential address and the billing address is a Po Box address. With all this said I check out from finish line with ease. I got my confirmation from paypal and I got my order confirmation from finishline. Both order confirmations within 1 minute of placing the order. Hopefully my order doesn't get cancel, crossing fingers. 

Last edited:

I could order from the site as well, the "flagging" is only done on certain items. Such as this release...

I've been flagged since 2/6.. yet I bought 3 pairs of Olympic VII's and a pair of 1's last week. So it depends on the item.

Are you sure its not an email saying

"You just sent X amount of money to finishline"?

That email is pretty much saying you struck out. Log into your paypal and see if it has been canceled.

Finish line is known to hold money from your CC. Your monies wont be available for another 10-15 business days.

BigJ, I also write software for a living (specifically Java webapps). If you call FNL up on the phone they will tell you why the order didn't go through..

The theory they are giving me comes from there BLOG, I don't think that's wrong. FNL posted that publicly..

As a developer you obviously know they use an "algorithm". Something in their algorithm was preventing you from checking out. Everyone that couldn't check out on here this morning has been saying they were "flagged", including me. Which has been verified by FNL.

You're theory is that they are having other "technical issues".. but we don't have any backing on that statement.. As you know FNL has ALWAYS had PayPal issues. It could be that the algorithm uses names and addresses and/or a combination.

But to just come out and say our theories are wrong when FNL has backed them up on a BLOG and I just got off the phone with a rep doesn't hold a ton of merit to me.

nike provides us explanations too and we all know they are wrong and inaccurate. they are trained to give certain explainations and the fact that they can explain to you that they see your attempted orders simply means they are logging issues.

they are basically saying, they have a switch they flip that enables some reseller/fraud algorithm that goes on for however long they want it to go on for and that these individuals that are flagged are free to still use their credit cards once the algorithm is deactivated.

... riiiight.

also, there are members in here that have said they made attempts on their cards more than 2-3 time and eventually got through. tie that into the fact that people were backdooring their way in, it makes perfect sense that the credit card authorization system could be overloaded and logging the failed attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom