Jordan Retro Restocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you what are saying it true (that this community is full of selfish people that dont help) then please explain how this community got the Finishline link that helped out many on NT. How people post links to restocks or products as soon as they get info.

People on here put the info out there for people to use. Thats not greed at all.

People like you are the ones to say everyone is this or everyone is that. While I agree with part of your assessment, I cant agree with it as a whole because there is no middle ground in your viewpoint.

LOL. Where did I say there were NO good people in this community? And I said COMMUNITY as in sneaker collectors, not NT specifically bro. Unlike other things, like sports teams, music artists, hobbies, etc. this one is about obtaining material possessions. By nature it's full of greed. Sneaker collecting = greed. Do any of us need more than one, two, three pairs of shoes? NOPE! We're all greedy. It's a greedy hobby. So is it shocking that there's people trying to gouge their fellow NTer? Also, isn't it obvious that the community - in a much larger than NT sense - helps define the demand and pricing for shoes after they sell out?

As for your specific example, what did someone have to lose by sharing a link after they got THEIR'S? And "people put the info out there for people to use. Thats not greed at all"? I agree, however NikeTalk isn't committed to rooting out resellers in any way, shape or form and if you try to tell me this site is about that, I'm just going to laugh at you. A private community where you at least have to create an account (or furthermore, what if you had to regularly contribute, i.e. post once a month to remain an active member?) would eliminate a lot of scalper scum from sitting back and taking in all the info that gets shared here and using it against those of us who just want to buy a pair of shoes for what they retail for.

Last edited:
if you what are saying it true (that this community is full of selfish people that dont help) then please explain how this community got the Finishline link that helped out many on NT. How people post links to restocks or products as soon as they get info.

People on here put the info out there for people to use. Thats not greed at all.

People like you are the ones to say everyone is this or everyone is that. While I agree with part of your assessment, I cant agree with it as a whole because there is no middle ground in your viewpoint.

LOL. Where did I say there were NO good people in this community? And I said COMMUNITY as in sneaker collectors, not NT specifically bro. Unlike other things, like sports teams, music artists, hobbies, etc. this one is about obtaining material possessions. By nature it's full of greed. Sneaker collecting = greed. Do any of us need more than one, two, three pairs of shoes? NOPE! We're all greedy. It's a greedy hobby. So is it shocking that there's people trying to gouge their fellow NTer? Also, isn't it obvious that the community - in a much larger than NT sense - helps define the demand and pricing for shoes after they sell out?

As for your specific example, what did someone have to lose by sharing a link after they got THEIR'S? And "people put the info out there for people to use. Thats not greed at all"? I agree, however NikeTalk isn't committed to rooting out resellers in any way, shape or form and if you try to tell me this site is about that, I'm just going to laugh at you. A private community where you at least have to create an account (or furthermore, what if you had to regularly contribute, i.e. post once a month to remain an active member?) would eliminate a lot of scalper scum from sitting back and taking in all the info that gets shared here and using it against those of us who just want to buy a pair of shoes for what they retail for.

"Unlike other communities, this one is ruled by greed and materialism so it's pretty much fend for yourself or your closest friends who share the same passion."

Its not Niketalk's job to root out resellers. Thats impossible but to say this one is ruled by green and looking out for only friends is inaccurate. Complete strangers drop info all of the time.

Last edited:
you have it backwards. people can be talking about pixie sticks and you will have someone chime in about death to resellers.
i admit, there are time when people throw flipping shoes out there for e-attention and i think its stupid. i also believe i see the we hate resellers posts more than we see the efame resellers.
Perhaps I do have it backwards and re-sellers are bashed more than it appears to me. I might just be biased against the 'I got my my 5th pair" posters LOL 

"Unlike other communities, this one is ruled by greed and materialism so it's pretty much fend for yourself or your closest friends who share the same passion."

Its not Niketalk's job to root out resellers. Thats impossible but to say this one is ruled by green and looking out for only friends is inaccurate. Complete strangers drop info all of the time.

HAHAHA. See that's what's hilarious. It's not a "job" to make your site require an account to get the info and you know... actually be part of the site, an active member rather than just a lazy lurker grabbing info and trying to come up on spots or restocks to grab more shoes to resell. That would be doing the larger community a good thing and it'd be looking out for the members of this site. You can't even defend that. No one who is an active member here would be the least bit upset if you locked NT down to that VERY small degree. It's well known on tumblr, twitter, everywhere else at this point in 2013 that you go to NT if you're lazy and want to find info.

And yes, on the whole the sneaker community - again beyond just NT - is very selfish. It's a selfish hobby by the definition of the hobby itself. I can't believe you even want to argue that fact.

Lol @ dudes acting like resellers are holding people up at gun point forcing them to pay 100$ or higher mark up on shoes. 

these are people acting on their own free will. there are many other sneakers and shoes people can buy but they want these specific shoes. they made up their minds and concluded that yes, they are willing to pay mark up for sneakers. ive sold shoes and bought shoes off resellers, and i personally have never looked at a guy like "omg u are suck a jerk i hate you!" for selling me shoes higher than what he paid for them. like some stranger is just supposed to hook me up with retail, lol

nobody is forcing anybody to pay mark up. deal with it

HAHAHA. See that's what's hilarious. It's not a "job" to make your site require an account to get the info and you know... actually be part of the site, an active member rather than just a lazy lurker grabbing info and trying to come up on spots or restocks to grab more shoes to resell. That would be doing the larger community a good thing and it'd be looking out for the members of this site. You can't even defend that. No one who is an active member here would be the least bit upset if you locked NT down to that VERY small degree. It's well known on tumblr, twitter, everywhere else at this point in 2013 that you go to NT if you're lazy and want to find info.

And yes, on the whole the sneaker community - again beyond just NT - is very selfish. It's a selfish hobby by the definition of the hobby itself. I can't believe you even want to argue that fact.

i wont comment anymore since i feel bad for cluttering the thread but you have it so wrong. tons of active members are resellers. members get their pairs and share the info.

i admit i flip shoes from time to time. i also try to school people on how to beat the system. im not poor im not on welfare and i dont live in my parents basement.

so in summary, i agree with part of what you are saying but not everything since it seems like there is no middle ground with your opinion.

Lol @ dudes acting like resellers are holding people up at gun point forcing them to pay 100$ or higher mark up on shoes. 

these are people acting on their own free will. there are many other sneakers and shoes people can buy but they want these specific shoes. they made up their minds and concluded that yes, they are willing to pay mark up for sneakers. ive sold shoes and bought shoes off resellers, and i personally have never looked at a guy like "omg u are suck a jerk i hate you!" for selling me shoes higher than what he paid for them. like some stranger is just supposed to hook me up with retail, lol
nobody is forcing anybody to pay mark up. deal with it
Go back up to my earlier post. In communities where people are looking out for the greater good, they take measures in the short run that benefit everyone in the long run - like holding out rather than paying $100 or $200 over retail. Collectively measures like this are effective, but people are too greedy and NEED to have shoes so badly that they don't have the restraint to make resellers consider moving on to something else. Likewise, people are more than glad to go over to the B/S forum and toss up a $100 pair for $500. That's not greedy?

In other communities I'm part of people try to help each other. They sell each other tickets for face value if they have them, they report scalpers on eBay to band management to investigate, etc. That's protecting the interests and ultimately keeps the people who care the most at the events. In the process, there's a lot of friendships built. On here there isn't much motivation to do any of that. Me first mentality is what your average sneakerhead is all about.

I'm a fan of the band Phish, a band that was bombarded by scalpers for about two years when they came back in 2009. Sadly there are some within the community who have become scalpers too, but by and large by refusing to pay their prices they have left the band alone and tickets are now easy to get on release day for most shows. COMMUNITIES of those people passionate are supposed to... well, do what communities do, and protect one another from the scumbag hustlers.

Unfortunately the reality is that sneakers are HOOD AF and there's too many mouth breathing losers who are on welfare and dealing small quantities of drugs, shoes, whatever they can to make some small time cash by chumping fools. Check Craigslist, there's always an enormous number of postings from idiots asking outrageous amounts for GR's. I saw some dude trying to get $285 for a pair of FR V's in Oakland. :smh:

Unlike other communities, this one is ruled by greed and materialism so it's pretty much fend for yourself or your closest friends who share the same passion. It is what it is, but as long as Jordans are in demand there will be chumps trying to make their $30, $50, $100 a pair. Not to mention the guys on here who are so obsessed they buy more than they need just to cut the cost of their own habit. That's a whole other type though, the "living beyond their means" type, we know there are plenty of them too.

There are many reasons why people buy multiple pairs of shoes that don't involve GREED or reselling. How does wanting two pairs of a shoe you missed out on in high school GREED?? For many years, and before ebay, if you didn't double up of some shoes there was a belief that you may never see it or be able to wear it again.

Some people also don't intend on being in this game for the rest of their life and don't have time to sit on a computer waiting for a shoe they love to be retroed. There are all kinds of people on this site and in the sneaker community and with that comes a plethora of reasons why we love shoes. Your comment is a poor attempt at grouping people who enjoy this hobby. Is a person who collects stamps greedy? :smh:

i wont comment anymore since i feel bad for cluttering the thread but you have it so wrong. tons of active members are resellers. members get their pairs and share the info.

i admit i flip shoes from time to time. i also try to school people on how to beat the system. im not poor im not on welfare and i dont live in my parents basement.

so in summary, i agree with part of what you are saying but not everything since it seems like there is no middle ground with your opinion.

Hahaha, wait so tons of active members are resellers but this community isn't cluttered with greedy people because there's an occasional link shared (after they have already gotten what they wanted in most cases?). You just proved my point to the fullest extent.

My point regarding NT specifically is that there's no barrier for the less informed person to get the same info we're all sharing here. The one thing that NT could do to help all of us for the releases themselves, the one thing that would keep the hypebeasts and resellers from having as much information as those of us that really care (though obviously many NTers are as we both pointed out, those same greedy resellers).

The only issue I have with re-sellers is the amount of them and defense of them on this board which I thought was a community of shoe lovers. Sometimes it seems like a re-seller board because if you say something against it you get flamed. Sitting at home running PEPs and then bashing those who don't have em ain't cool. Pimpin in the pulpit type ****.

The problem for me buying multiple pairs of something in my size (with intentions on selling) is I wind up keeping em. It's happened with Breds, Concords and 88 IIIs.

Wifey aint happy.

As long as Jordans are produced in limited numbers and consumers are willing to pay way over retail then ReSellers will always exist. Plain and simple. Only a collective effort by consumers will ever stop or slow down ReSellers.

Go back up to my earlier post. In communities where people are looking out for the greater good, they take measures in the short run that benefit everyone in the long run - like holding out rather than paying $100 or $200 over retail. Collectively measures like this are effective, but people are too greedy and NEED to have shoes so badly that they don't have the restraint to make resellers consider moving on to something else. Likewise, people are more than glad to go over to the B/S forum and toss up a $100 pair for $500. That's not greedy?

In other communities I'm part of people try to help each other. They sell each other tickets for face value if they have them, they report scalpers on eBay to band management to investigate, etc. That's protecting the interests and ultimately keeps the people who care the most at the events. In the process, there's a lot of friendships built. On here there isn't much motivation to do any of that. Me first mentality is what your average sneakerhead is all about.
breh you're in the bay area you should know by now that hypebeasts are everywhere and there are tons of resellers and willing buyers on CL from the bay area that arent even on NT.

it's just human nature, its like trying to argue how 'bad' it is that people cheat on each other. thats just how human beings are, there are some people that remain monogamous and some that do not resell for profit but for the most part thats just how things are. people are horny and greedy. 

in fact, if it werent for resellers i wouldn't have my pair of penny IV's. i paid maybe 50$ over retail with shipping but it was something i was willing to do to have shoes i completely slept on years ago. 

#kanyeshrug

As long as Jordans are produced in limited numbers and consumers are willing to pay way over retail then ReSellers will always exist. Plain and simple. Only a collective effort by consumers will ever stop or slow down ReSellers.
Exactly, but that's what a community that has the foresight and patience to look out for itself in the long run does. All I've been saying is that the consumerism in this market is so overrun by greed and going for a quick buck that it will likely never happen.

Just got my pair in Prod Date was 6/6/11-8/29/11 & theres a lil yellowing bu nothing bad

Today was a good day 
pimp.gif

All my Atl peeps Lenox Champs got the FR5s 13s Thunder 4s restock. All Southlake Footaction got Bred 4 and Thunder 4s

Earlier a FNL employee said they originally had 300 concords and 4,000 breds in the warehouse when the restock happened. Not sure why the concords were there but the breds were for employees, but a lot employees didn't cop em. All the 11's were from their original shipments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom