Jordan Retro Restocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Yawn* Reseller talk again , just like every other thread.

Anyway, my Cool Grey 9's came in, and they're fine. A little brown / yellowing on the bottom but it's not that serious.

anybody else get there order canceled for the restock on thursday?
I got mine cancelled on the bred 11 restock yesterday. Finish Line charged me 4 times then, instead of dealing with the problem, just cancelled the order all together. 
mean.gif

People should leave the drama for facebook and quit acting like a bunch of females lmao (noticed the drama going on a few pages back about resellers) 

Earlier a FNL employee said they originally had 300 concords and 4,000 breds in the warehouse when the restock happened. Not sure why the concords were there but the breds were for employees, but a lot employees didn't cop em. All the 11's were from their original shipments

ya so when eastbay or finishline says 'no exchanges-out of stock, refund only,' what they really mean is "Sorry, but we don't have another pair
in inventory that is already allocated to you." Not a complaint, but I'd enjoy talking to an inventory controller at one of these places. Maybe I have
& didn't know it.

Last edited:
I got mine cancelled on the bred 11 restock yesterday. Finish Line charged me 4 times then, instead of dealing with the problem, just cancelled the order all together. 
mean.gif
 Damn man sorry to hear that. I got my shipping confirmation this morning, so I'm good but I would have been pissed if they canceled. Did they give you reason for messing up your order? Did you get a confirmation email and they still canceled your order? Just not good business by finish line at all.

*Yawn* Reseller talk again , just like every other thread.

Anyway, my Cool Grey 9's came in, and they're fine. A little brown / yellowing on the bottom but it's not that serious.
I just picked an in store restock of the cool grey 9's at my local house of hoops and I thought that little bit of brown was just how the bottom was supposed to look. It's not yellow at all but brown yes. I thought only the icy soles yellowed.

People should leave the drama for facebook and quit acting like a bunch of females lmao (noticed the drama going on a few pages back about resellers) 

Yeah, how crazy that we'd discuss the state of sneakers in a sneaker thread on a sneaker forum. Intelligence around here = drama = females? Bunch of bone heads.

Last edited:
ya so when eastbay or finishline says 'no exchanges-out of stock, refund only,' what they really mean is "Sorry, but we don't have another pair
in inventory that is already allocated to you." Not a complaint, but I'd enjoy talking to an inventory controller at one of these places. Maybe I have
& didn't know it.

What funny is I called FNL customer service 3 weeks ago and asked if they had any extra breds laying around the warehouse. Gave them a model number and everything. She said no

I bought 5 pairs of WC III's , one to rock 3 to 4 times a year , the other 4 will sit on ice until 2016-18 then bust'n em DS for big $$$, let's not lie, I'm white, 32, married with a kid, a real job(suit & tie) so it's hard to bust them out a lot in acceptable situations with out looking like kid

Any possibility of getting back to info on restocks vs debating ethics and morals?

Apparently its a slow day in terms of restock information. Believe me if some legitmate restock info comes to life it will trump any and everything people are talking about at the moment. I assume most of the of topic banter going on is simply to keep the thread thriving.

The problem with resellers is that they create an artificial market. It's not a true supply and demand context - because a few people are hoarding the supply which contrives demand.

But as a few folks in here have already said very eloquently, stop buying at the artificially inflated prices and they will come down. They have to. Otherwise you're just supplying them with the money to accomplish the very thing that you're complaining about.

I get what I can get, when I can get them, in order to lessen the impact of possibly not getting a shoe that I want in the future.

For example, I wanted the Motorboat IXs. I forgot about the release date and missed out. Eh, whatever. I'm not paying $300 to wear something on my feet. Period.

I'm just not going to subsidize the reseller's next inventory acquisition.

So I bought 3 pair of black/red XIs, 2 pair of Cement 88s, and 2 pair of Concords on restock. They're not being sold; they're for me. I'm just preemptively assuaging the impact of not getting something in the future.

We went from shipping to Big J complaining about free shoes, to resellers. Now wonder this thread is so long. Mr. Admin, I thought it was weird for one card to get charged and not the other. I have never ordered shoes from FNL before. If this is common practice (which from reading the last page it seems like it is) then that is news to me, and I appreciate the info. In terms of "wishing they are free'" who wouldn't want a free pair of shoes? I'm expecting to pay for them, just wondering when that time will come. If that time never comes great, if it does then that is perfectly fine too.

In terms of the reseller argument, if someone is buying up multiple pairs (5-10+) to resell and brag about when other people are just trying to secure 1, then that's messed up and I could see how that would piss people off. However, if someone is buying 2-3 pairs of shoes, I don't see what the big deal is, especially with a release like this where most people have had ample opportunities to buy shoes with US and foreign restocks.

I don't plan on any restock news anytime soon.. To much going on as far as releases these next two weeks

Can anyone who ordered a pair of concords from finishline PM me with the ITEM number and size please . It should be in the shipping confermation email. Thanks

This may be off topic, but I was apple to purchase multiple pairs of the Bred 11s on finish line.com the other day. I got my size (13), my son's size (11) and my brother's size.(9) Well, I received an extra package, and the package was another pair of size 11 bred 11's. So I thought well maybe another order went thru when I kept getting the checkout error message...well thats not the case, because the packing slip receipt is identical to the packing slip thats in the other size 11 box. So I think they messed up. Anyone have any experience with this? The boxes do have 2 separate tracking numbers, so I know they could find out they made a mistake, I just wonder if there is any precedent for them being able to charge me again based on the original credit card authorization? And before anyone says how did you do 3 separate orders, I was at the screen where theres a 30 second timer, and then I finally got it, then ordered a pair, checked out, ordered another pair, checked out, then ordered another pair and checked out. Everyone...let me know if this ever happened to you. My wife thinks because one of the packing slips has lighter ink on it, that they may of reprinted that packing slip and accidentally filled both orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom