Jordan team 2 retro 2015

It has been confirmed to return this year. First Jordan I ever brought with my own money. I know some people will appreciate the news

Retro

OG

Last edited:
Why does JB think it's a good idea to steal pieces from sig models and sell it as a new shoe? These, spizikes, son of mars, etc. All trash.

Why does JB think it's a good idea to steal pieces from sig models and sell it as a new shoe? These, spizikes, son of mars, etc. All trash.

New shoe ? These originally came out in 1998.

None of the pieces are "stolen" from other models. They share many similarities with the XIII, but there are no parte of the shoes that are identical or recast.

These were basically takedown XIIIs. Team 98s had similarities to the XIIIs and Team 97s had similarities to the XII. Takedowns have been a thing since the 80s ie Vandal to AF1, Flight 89 to AJ4, Solo Flight to FP1, Air Way Up to Penny 1... etc.

As for these upcoming retros... I wish they didn't swap out the ankle logo for the AJXIV crest.

None of the pieces are "stolen" from other models. They share many similarities with the XIII, but there are no parte of the shoes that are identical or recast.

These were basically takedown XIIIs. Team 98s had similarities to the XIIIs and Team 97s had similarities to the XII. Takedowns have been a thing since the 80s ie Vandal to AF1, Flight 89 to AJ4, Solo Flight to FP1, Air Way Up to Penny 1... etc.

As for these upcoming retros... I wish they didn't swap out the ankle logo for the AJXIV crest.

Whatchu talking about? The OG always had the AJ XIV crest.

The OG pictured up top is a sample.

I know they aren't a new shoe now. Was referring to back in the day.

Every take down model is plain garbage. I would never own a pair of Jays outside of the retro models and current performance Sig models like the XX9. Jordan Brand is terrible at designing shoes.

Every take down model is plain garbage. I would never own a pair of Jays outside of the retro models and current performance Sig models like the XX9. Jordan Brand is terrible at designing shoes.

Uh Jordan Futures are amazing (although JB beat them to the ground with all the cws) and were the perfect balance between new and old school... I don't think JB has consistent classics like Nike basketball seems to create but every once in awhile they do something new that is truly great outside of their sig models.

Last edited:

I Def wouldn't call these takedown models, they're like 13.5s more than anything. Same thing with the team 1s, they were more like 12.5s.
Also they had practically the same cushioning.

I had the white and black colorway back in 8th grade. They were solid for basketball, but I don't know if I would buy them again after wearing a pair of the team Jordan 1 retro to play in.

Speak for yourself. The team line was pretty dope and I swear if they ever retro the OG women's jordan I'll be sitting on at least doubles.

Curiously, why do people wear team Jordan retros? Team Jordans were designed as performance models without the asthetics of the regular numbered AJs but, nowadays, there are much better performance models out and regular, numbered retros are worn casually.. Where do Team Jordan retros fit in these days? I can't see the market.

Last edited:
I have the Pro Strongs as casual kicks. Those early team Js were DOPE.

I would say people wear those team j retros for the same reason they wear retros from the sig line. They look good.

Curiously, why do people wear team Jordan retros? Team Jordans were designed as performance models without the asthetics of the regular numbered AJs but, nowadays, there are much better performance models out and regular, numbered retros are worn casually.. Where do Team Jordan retros fit in these days? I can't see the market.

Same market where all retros fit under. There are much better performing shoes than the retro sig lines but people still wear them.

Some very interesting comments in this thread. You can definitely start to see who is wearing to try to fit in vs. those that genuinely appreciate the design and nostalgia.

Same market where all retros fit under. There are much better performing shoes than the retro sig lines but people still wear them.

Some very interesting comments in this thread. You can definitely start to see who is wearing to try to fit in vs. those that genuinely appreciate the design and nostalgia.

What nostalgia? MJ only ever wore FBI's on court, I believe.

MJ doesn't have to wear them to fit the nostalgia quota.

MJ doesn't have to wear them to fit the nostalgia quota.

:lol: for real

I'd love to see the B-Baller Pures get a proper re-release. Those shoes were more comfortable than any Jordan Signature model ever released.

Doesn't necessarily have to be that Jordan wore them.  Could be the first Jordan you bought with your own money.  Could bring back memories of a certain time period in your life.  There are plenty of reasons 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom