Jordan vs Kobe game winners Vol. Complete list of GW Both have 25.

Originally Posted by sam23air

For me MJs game winners mean a lot more than Kobe's. Name a playoff game winner for Kobe. For Jordan you have a selection to choose from. Game winners mean more when they count more.
100% Truth.  Everybody knows that Jordan is GOAT.  Kobe is great by his own right, but at the end of the day Kobe is just an imitation of Jordan.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

well kobe took more shots...

what more important is the %.

i remember melo lbj and pp had better rating of clutch factor.

kobe prolly has made more b/c he took more...

this year and last year, kobe was pretty efficient in clutch moment...

other than that, he was just another average joe in the end.

the factual.

yeah i remember around the time kob was about 3 GW's in ealier this season and analyst started to really breakdown how clutch he is or is not. and your right melo and james #'s were somewhat higher.

think about this though....melo, bron and kob were all on the USA team. When they were in danger of losing to spain who did they defer to? who saved their 4SS?  

end of the day.... anyone who knows anything about ball knows if a team is down 2-3 pts with 9 seconds or less on the clock. give the ball to kob. not bron not melo but kob. lets not front

"just another average joe in the end"? do you REALLY believe that?......... i mean REALLY?

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by sam23air

For me MJs game winners mean a lot more than Kobe's. Name a playoff game winner for Kobe. For Jordan you have a selection to choose from. Game winners mean more when they count more.

I'm definitely a Jordan guy but you shouldn't be arguing this topic if you can't remember Kobe's GW against the Suns. You don't know enough to even contemplate this topic. Sorry. 
sam23air needs to go back to the OPs post
laugh.gif

btw OP forgot to add game 4 of the 2000 finals...kobe hit the eventual game winning put back

Didnt Kobe have a last second tip in basket against the Warriors in the late 90s or early 2000's?

And while it lists game winners, I think the fact that a couple times Jordan has passed off on last second shots to get wins is worth something. Like the double nickel game against the Knicks where he pulled up for the shot and then passed it to the cutting Wenington for the win...or the Finals shots for Kerr and Paxson. Those are potential game winners but turned to assists for the wins...just as good in my opinion.

Oh...and Kobe would of had another game winner on the list if Fisher hadnt fouled Roger Mason last season.

I don't think it's acurate, Kobe passed Jordan in total number of game "fininshing" shots earlier this year or late last year.

I think we all know Kobe already passed Jordan in game winning shots awhile ago... but we also Kobe missed a whole bunch
laugh.gif

I think Jordan had this one in Utah to win it all or something. Like in a deciding finals game or something.

^You're point being...I'm pretty sure that's listed on the 1st page.

Like said earlier can't go wrong with either one, although Kobe seems to make more difficult shots, while MJ was able to get easier ones where he wanted on the floor.   

although Kobe seems to make more difficult shots, while MJ was able to get easier ones where he wanted on the floor. 

Are you talking about more difficult game-winning shots or just more difficult shots in general??

jordan was on some superior teams.....he was never put in the position as much as kobe....

As if Kobe somehow wasn't on some superior teams as well??

Originally Posted by Deuce King

although Kobe seems to make more difficult shots, while MJ was able to get easier ones where he wanted on the floor. 

Are you talking about more difficult game-winning shots or just more difficult shots in general??

jordan was on some superior teams.....he was never put in the position as much as kobe....

I watch a lot of Laker games and Kobe takes THE most impossible shots...part of it is that Kobe has the mentality that he can hit ANY shot, behind the backboard/over defenders outstretched arms/triple teamed, etc...It's a double edged sword in that it hurts his shot selection/FG% but it also helps during clutch situations/shot clock running out...I mean, look at the vid of Shane Battier face guarding Kobe in last year's playoffs - on several replays you can see Battier's hand literally covering Kobe's eyes yet Kobe still wets deep jumper after deep jumper, it makes no sense..

Both Kobe and MJ have been blessed with tremendous talent (Pippen, Rodman, Shaq, Gasol) and coaching (Phil, Rudy T)...I do think the talent today is better than the 90s so (I think today's Cavs would work the Jazz teams of the 90s and that the 2008 Celtics would destroy the GP/Kemp Sonics...Byron Russell trying to guard Lebron
sick.gif
, the 08 Celtics defense 
sick.gif
) But that's besides the point...

As many have already said, teams would kill to have either MJ or Kobe take a potential game winner...and no defender would want to guard either one (maybe Byron Russell
laugh.gif
)...The obvious reason MJ vs Kobe is beaten to death so much is because of the similarities (6'6, post up game, killer instinct, Phil, rings)...

I will say that Kobe is the most polarizing athlete in the history of sports - you'll never meet someone who's indifferent towards him...You'll either get a "G.O.AT., Mr. 81" or "Rapist, MJ wannabe" type of comment...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Didnt Kobe have a last second tip in basket against the Warriors in the late 90s or early 2000's?

And while it lists game winners, I think the fact that a couple times Jordan has passed off on last second shots to get wins is worth something. Like the double nickel game against the Knicks where he pulled up for the shot and then passed it to the cutting Wenington for the win...or the Finals shots for Kerr and Paxson. Those are potential game winners but turned to assists for the wins...just as good in my opinion.

Oh...and Kobe would of had another game winner on the list if Fisher hadnt fouled Roger Mason last season.
I was thinking about that too but that was a game TYING tip in. 

Also I know this is about game winners but how many buzzer beaters does Kobe & Jordan have

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

I watch a lot of Laker games and Kobe takes THE most impossible shots...part of it is that Kobe has the mentality that he can hit ANY shot, behind the backboard/over defenders outstretched arms/triple teamed, etc...It's a double edged sword in that it hurts his shot selection/FG% but it also helps during clutch situations/shot clock running out...I mean, look at the vid of Shane Battier face guarding Kobe in last year's playoffs - on several replays you can see Battier's hand literally covering Kobe's eyes yet Kobe still wets deep jumper after deep jumper, it makes no sense..

Both Kobe and MJ have been blessed with tremendous talent (Pippen, Rodman, Shaq, Gasol) and coaching (Phil, Rudy T)...I do think the talent today is better than the 90s so (I think today's Cavs would work the Jazz teams of the 90s and that the 2008 Celtics would destroy the GP/Kemp Sonics...Byron Russell trying to guard Lebron
sick.gif
, the 08 Celtics defense 
sick.gif
) But that's besides the point...

As many have already said, teams would kill to have either MJ or Kobe take a potential game winner...and no defender would want to guard either one (maybe Byron Russell
laugh.gif
)...The obvious reason MJ vs Kobe is beaten to death so much is because of the similarities (6'6, post up game, killer instinct, Phil, rings)...

I will say that Kobe is the most polarizing athlete in the history of sports - you'll never meet someone who's indifferent towards him...You'll either get a "G.O.AT., Mr. 81" or "Rapist, MJ wannabe" type of comment...
laugh.gif

wesley_preach_470x352.jpg

Both Kobe and MJ have been blessed with tremendous talent
I agree.

I do think the talent today is better than the 90s so

Not even.

I think today's Cavs would work the Jazz teams of the 90s
The same Cavs team minus Shaq that got blown out by the Orlando Magic last year....
laugh.gif

The obvious reason MJ vs Kobe is beaten to death so much is because of the similarities (6'6, post up game, killer instinct, Phil, rings) Kobe is an imitation of MJ...

Fixed.  

I will say that Kobe is the most polarizing athlete in the history of sports - you'll never meet someone who's indifferent towards him...You'll either get a "G.O.AT.,
  What self-respecting basketball fan calls Kobe the GOAT??

Talking about game winning shots specifically, but Kobe in general takes and makes more difficult shots than Jordan did. Phil has said it a lot of times in interviews, MJ was able to get easier shots where he wanted. Kobe is forced a lot of the time to take crazy shots, but he seems to hit them pretty regularly. It's not a slight to MJ in any way (cause I know you're captain of the fan club) it just is what it is.

Those lists are definitely missing some buckets. I'm pretty sure Kobe has more overall after this year. It's funny though how often these guys do it--- you look back at those lists and forget about some of those.

Kobe in general takes and makes more difficult shots than Jordan did.
LOL.  Dudes in here are really showing their age or lack of basketball knowledge.

It's not a slight to MJ in any way (cause I know you're captain of the fan club) it just is what it is.

By the looks of your username, avy, and sig I don't see how you have the audacity to say such a statement.

Both Kobe and MJ have been blessed with tremendous talent
I agree.

I do think the talent today is better than the 90s so

Not even.

I think today's Cavs would work the Jazz teams of the 90s
The same Cavs team minus Shaq that got blown out by the Orlando Magic last year....
laugh.gif

The obvious reason MJ vs Kobe is beaten to death so much is because of the similarities (6'6, post up game, killer instinct, Phil, rings) Kobe is an imitation of MJ...

Fixed.  

I will say that Kobe is the most polarizing athlete in the history of sports - you'll never meet someone who's indifferent towards him...You'll either get a "G.O.AT.,
  What self-respecting basketball fan calls Kobe the GOAT??

If you don't agree that Kobe and MJ have a similar killer instinct, size, playing style, clutchness, etc. then there's no point arguing...Phil Jackson, Tex Winter, Scottie, countless former players/coaches who know basketball way more than either of us have stated they have comparable playing styles, skills, etc...sure there's differences, but who's closer to MJ? Just being compared to MJ, who I agree is the GOAT, is >>>> 99.99% of NBA player's careers

A lot of Kobe homers think Kobe is the GOAT based on skill not accomplishments obviously...Just like you, an obvious MJ homer, refuses to agree that anything or anyone comes close to MJ in anything...Keep watching your Michael Jordan To The Max and Ultimate Jordan DVDs...It's obvious your stuck in the 90s, probably watching MJ videos everyday wishing his Airness would come back
laugh.gif

Kobe makes incredible shots cause he's the only person crazy enough to take those shots. That's his genius. You can do that against the Bucks, Clippers, Grizzlies, Raptors, Knicks, Warriors, Nets and many of the other gutless cowardly teams that won't put up a fight. But against good teams he can't get away with it.

2004 & 2008 NBA Finals

Player G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF TOT APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

Kobe Bryant 5 5 46.2 .381 .174 .920 .40 2.40 2.80 4.4 1.80 .60 3.60 3.00 22.6 - Against the 1 hit wonder Detroit Pistons

Kobe Bryant 6 6 43.0 .405 .321 .796 1.30 3.30 4.70 5.0 2.67 .17 3.83 3.20 25.7 - Against Boston in which they were 2 to 1 favorites

Kobe in general takes and makes more difficult shots than Jordan did.
LOL.  Dudes in here are really showing their age or lack of basketball knowledge.

It's not a slight to MJ in any way (cause I know you're captain of the fan club) it just is what it is.

By the looks of your username, avy, and sig I don't see how you have the audacity to say such a statement.

Was something wrong with that 1st statement, MJ took and made more crazy difficult shots that KB does?

As for the 2nd part, I'm pretty sure you're that person that used to have that B.I.G. avy and every time someone came in to say something positive about Kobe you were right there to chime in with some hate. Look most people who know basketball know that MJ's career was better than Kobe and most believe that he is the G.O.A.T (not me, I think Magic is) but to just try and discredit everything Kobe does like you do is just petty. Is KB's game is modeled like Mike's, of course and he's said so himself, but to belittle him and call him a poor imitation etc, is just foolish.

I was thinking about that too but that was a game TYING tip in. 

Also I know this is about game winners but how many buzzer beaters does Kobe & Jordan have

8 for Jordan and 9 for Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom