Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

You were at his hall of fame?
1935100_147717813856_8343652_n.jpg
1935100_147717743856_529118_n.jpg

left pic is me at the naismith hall of fame. They had a whole area dedicated to Jordan..not sure if its still like that now. Right is him at a pep rally the day before the speech. In his speech toward the end you hear someone say, "youre the greatest ever michael". Im sitting right beside the guy who screamed that..lol. He was there with his son.

Also the story behind the 'crying jordan meme". lol......Before he got on stage to give his speech they were showing highlights of his career (just like they did with everyone else). He started crying when it showed him hugging the finals trophy with his dad. Thats where the meme came from

So what got a lot of you into Supreme? I’m trying to think of a reason other than seeing other people wear it.

I would disagree with a previous post saying it’s the same as Nike/Jordan. Nike and JB are what they are because of the athletes and people supporting those athletes. The fashion part is a later adaptation.

I don’t care how the next man spends his money but let’s be honest about Supreme. The brand logo is a knock-off, their brand collection are knock-off pieces from other brands and the rest is collaborations. As with all things, the secondary price is what it is because the consumers allow it.

For me, it's my own nostalgia for the 1990s, the impressive, seemingly boundless range of cultural and fashion references and collaborations that Supreme incorporates, and the ability to wear the brand to signal to other people that I'm interested in something that you wouldn't expect me to otherwise be interested in based on looking at me or reading my resume.

Last edited:
1935100_147717813856_8343652_n.jpg
1935100_147717743856_529118_n.jpg

left pic is me at the naismith hall of fame. They had a whole area dedicated to Jordan..not sure if its still like that now. Right is him at a pep rally the day before the speech. In his speech toward the end you hear someone say, "youre the greatest ever michael". Im sitting right beside the guy who screamed that..lol. He was there with his son.

Also the story behind the 'crying jordan meme". lol......Before he got on stage to give his speech they were showing highlights of his career (just like they did with everyone else). He started crying when it showed him hugging the finals trophy with his dad. Thats where the meme came from
This is awesome

With all the resources available in this day and age, I still don't understand why people ask what the current value of a shoe is. Are you just that lazy to look it up or have no idea where to look

Maybe because the person that asks is a purist who hates resellers, and think that stockX is filthy and sinful to take a look at.

Can I spray these puppies with Crep?

(Sorry if this has been asked before)

Use suede protector since they are suede shoes. Try not to wear in the elements or get wet since it's suede. Grab a suede brush and nubuck bar. Like $7 for both in a pack.

Wil make your life 1000x easier to care for these shoes and keep them A-1

do I have an epic tale for you guys!!

ok, so i hit the Kaws lottery, they ship my shoes etc etc. I have UPS My Choice set up to automatically redirect pacakages to a UPS Access Point so I can pick up stuff after I get off work. Keep in mind this is right before Christmas when UPS is having major issues. I get my tracking info, its shipped, no problem. It was supposed to deliver on a Thursday. Got delayed. Moved to Friday. Cool. Friday comes, and nothing is updating on the tracking. Finally, Friday night at *8:14pm i get an update "The receiver states the product was not ordered and has refused the delivery. Package will be returned to sender." OK WHAT?? At this point I am freaking out. I frantically get on the phone with UPS, and its over an hour wait. I tell the rep what has happened, and that this is a huge mistake, and she says nothing she can do, since the package has already left Houston on the way back to Brooklyn. She says only option is to get in touch with the shipper (Kaws). Click. Crap. I call back. Another hour wait. Same story. This happens twice more. (Friday late night). I immediately email Kaws and let them know what has happened. I wait patiently.

Enter Saturday morning. ( 12/9) my friend somehow gets on the phone with a manager who has more authority, and she requests a delivery change. This is reflected in my tracking notes. Welp, it didnt work. Blah blah blah. Package makes it back to Brooklyn and has officially been returned to sender. I email Kaws again when the package makes it back to them on 12/18, again letting them know what has happened. I emphasized that at this point I still had not called my CC company to ask for a charge back.

KAWS RESPONDS! ON 12/19 they say they will reship the shoes to me (no extra $$) and ask me for my preferred address so it doesn't have to go back to a UPS Access Point. I respond and give them my address. NO RESPONSE BACK FROM KAWS.......on 12/22 they finally email me back saying the shoes have shipped and give me my tracking number.

Delivery was scheduled for 1/2/18. but they came early AND I FINALLY HAVE THEM IN HAND!!! unbelievable ending to a crazy story. I was felt there was absolutely no shot I would get them once they were on their way back to Brooklyn. I still cannot believe it.

Santa Kaws for the absolutely MF'n WIN!!!!

TL;DR: UPS screwed up delivery of my Kaws, said the UPS Access Point (UPS My Choice Preferred Location) refused delivery, and sent them all the way back to Brooklyn to Kaws. Got in touch with Kaws who re-shipped the shoes at no additional charge. Just got them in hand 15 mins ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0256 (2).jpg
    IMG_0256 (2).jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 35

ok, so i hit the Kaws lottery, they ship my shoes etc etc. I have UPS My Choice set up to automatically redirect pacakages to a UPS Access Point so I can pick up stuff after I get off work. Keep in mind this is right before Christmas when UPS is having major issues. I get my tracking info, its shipped, no problem. It was supposed to deliver on a Thursday. Got delayed. Moved to Friday. Cool. Friday comes, and nothing is updating on the tracking. Finally, Friday night at *8:14pm i get an update "The receiver states the product was not ordered and has refused the delivery. Package will be returned to sender." OK WHAT?? At this point I am freaking out. I frantically get on the phone with UPS, and its over an hour wait. I tell the rep what has happened, and that this is a huge mistake, and she says nothing she can do, since the package has already left Houston on the way back to Brooklyn. She says only option is to get in touch with the shipper (Kaws). Click. Crap. I call back. Another hour wait. Same story. This happens twice more. (Friday late night). I immediately email Kaws and let them know what has happened. I wait patiently.

Enter Saturday morning. ( 12/9) my friend somehow gets on the phone with a manager who has more authority, and she requests a delivery change. This is reflected in my tracking notes. Welp, it didnt work. Blah blah blah. Package makes it back to Brooklyn and has officially been returned to sender. I email Kaws again when the package makes it back to them on 12/18, again letting them know what has happened. I emphasized that at this point I still had not called my CC company to ask for a charge back.

KAWS RESPONDS! ON 12/19 they say they will reship the shoes to me (no extra $$) and ask me for my preferred address so it doesn't have to go back to a UPS Access Point. I respond and give them my address. NO RESPONSE BACK FROM KAWS.......on 12/22 they finally email me back saying the shoes have shipped and give me my tracking number.

Delivery was scheduled for 1/2/18. but they came early AND I FINALLY HAVE THEM IN HAND!!! unbelievable ending to a crazy story. I was felt there was absolutely no shot I would get them once they were on their way back to Brooklyn. I still cannot believe it.

TL;DR: UPS screwed up delivery of my Kaws, said the UPS Access Point (UPS My Choice Preferred Location) refused delivery, and sent them all the way back to Brooklyn to Kaws. Got in touch with Kaws who re-shipped the shoes at no additional charge. Just got them in hand 15 mins ago.
Just curious? Did you ship them to a store or an Actual access point?

Moral of this story is to stop dicking with your delivery address. If your neighborhood sucks use your mom, sister, friend etc. people are blindly trusting someone making 10hr who works in a ups store part time vs their own address. Just because it goes to a ups store doesn't mean they can't jack you or refuse to accept it.

Moral of this story is to stop dicking with your delivery address. If your neighborhood sucks use your mom, sister, friend etc. people are blindly trusting someone making 10hr who works in a ups store part time vs their own address. Just because it goes to a ups store doesn't mean they can't jack you or refuse to accept it.
To be fair this release the shipping address could only match your billing but what u say is true for most releases.

Back
Top Bottom