JORDAN XI ANNIVERSARY RELEASING MAY 1 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

E-gangsters FTL...
smile.gif

Is it far from the Realm of possibility that they may release with the Jumpman Logo at a later date? Just curious and not neccesarily suggesting that they should even though it was clear that a lot of people didnt cop due to lack of a Jumpman Logo amonsgt other personal reasons....

No one believes "I had a pair with the jumpman, I thought they were fakes, so I traded them for a pair of Shaq's", so come off it. If you had a pair, EVEN if you didn't know about the 1 of 25 deal, you would have known to check them out. Please let it go. Trying to appear cool by lying has the opposite affect.
ohwell.gif

oh yeah, no i'm not new.

So I know this has been discussed on NT before but I feel that it is worth bringing up due to the releases of all of the anniversary edition shoes. Seeing that these shoes are all white my first reaction is that they will obviously yellow. How are you guys who don’t plan on wearing these for a few months or years planning on stocking? If I don’t throw silica packs or anything in with them is the 2 gallon ziplock still a bad idea? I would like to keep these kicks from yellowing. On the soles or on the upper. I know the XI are not prone to cracking so I’m thinking they will be fine in a ziplock. What about my anniversary IX? Did any of you put your 2009 Jams in Ziplocks? Are Ziplocks a good idea?

Originally Posted by dubchester

Anyone who ordered from Finishline.com or Nike.com get a tracking # yet?  Or even confirmation?  

My pair from NDC is still in progress. I called today and they said it should be shipped out by Thursday latest. I'm thinking tomorrow. They usually never cancel Swoosh orders, so I'm not sweatin' at all...

Im thinking about bringing my pair, size 10, to sneakercon. what do you guys think how will they hold up?

Originally Posted by Bruggs58

So I know this has been discussed on NT before but I feel that it is worth bringing up due to the releases of all of the anniversary edition shoes. Seeing that these shoes are all white my first reaction is that they will obviously yellow. How are you guys who don’t plan on wearing these for a few months or years planning on stocking? If I don’t throw silica packs or anything in with them is the 2 gallon ziplock still a bad idea? I would like to keep these kicks from yellowing. On the soles or on the upper. I know the XI are not prone to cracking so I’m thinking they will be fine in a ziplock. What about my anniversary IX? Did any of you put your 2009 Jams in Ziplocks? Are Ziplocks a good idea?
The Anniversary XI's are high maintenance shoes as is.  The upper will yellow, the patent leather will discolor and the icy soles will definitely yellow.  The leather at the back will get stained from your blue jeans. 

This sounds too easy to be true, but the easiest way to prevent your shoes from yellowing is to just keep them in the original box, in a dry cool place (i.e. closet) and out of long periods of displaying them under flourescent/UV lighting and/or sunlight. 

The worst thing you can do is Ziplock your shoe or saran wrap.  Believe me.  That's just intensifying and increasing all the risk for oxidation/yellowing.  There is a thread somewhere here (do a search on 'what if these were your OG's' or something like that) that shows what happens when you wrap shoes up.  They crumble.  Also read the shoe maintenance sticky at the top of this board with regards to Ziplocking/wrapping shoes.  You will find the same advice there. 

I have DS shoes from the early 1990's that are still 90% icy soles.  No special sealing or wrapping.  Just kept them in the original box and in a dark, dry place.  (No need for silica packs either).  PM me if you want proof of pictures.  The shoes need to breathe.  They are not meant to be sealed air-tight.  That's how you get cracking and crumbling from people sealing them, wrapping them 5x in Saran wrap or Ziplocking them.  Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by brokenwater

No one believes "I had a pair with the jumpman, I thought they were fakes, so I traded them for a pair of Shaq's", so come off it. If you had a pair, EVEN if you didn't know about the 1 of 25 deal, you would have known to check them out. Please let it go. Trying to appear cool by lying has the opposite affect.
ohwell.gif

oh yeah, no i'm not new.

Who said you were?
Although their bickering is a little more interesting than:

"AWWWW SHUCKS! I had the jumpman pair and I took it back"

"Man I missed the release, anyone know where I can get these?"

"These are robo copped x100000000"

"Keeping these on ice!!! Cuz I'm smart and buy shoes not to wear them!"

And of course the person who thinks they are balling because they bought 4 pairs of these and are makin a few bucks so they show pictures to get efame....fail

Then you have the few comments where people talk about the qualities of the shoe (fit, mess ups, etc), order status, something of significance which are worth reading.

**edit**

Agent you can't be like will because your posts are actually interesting to read, not trying to get efame because you've been part of a website for a long time

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

ohwell.gif

oh yeah, no i'm not new.

Who said you were?

And of course the person who thinks they are balling because they bought 4 pairs of these and are makin a few bucks so they show pictures to get efame....fail

Then you have the few comments where people talk about the qualities of the shoe (fit, mess ups, etc), order status, something of significance which are worth reading.

**edit**

Agent you can't be like will because your posts are actually interesting to read, not trying to get efame because you've been part of a website for a long time
no one, but since i don't ever post, i thought that would be next.

i only posted because i got tired of reading that lame lie. i actually got annoyed by it. i felt my intelligence was being insulted.

Im wondering if I should take the wrapping paper out of the box? Will this cut down on yellowing over time? What do people think?

Can the most hypebeast knowledge based NTers please kick some true knowledge on what happened here?
This was a random event, and there was no way anyone who bought 40 $98 eoh pairs did not get the true shoe
There is no point in being a hypebeast collector, Welcome 2 NikeTalk 2010

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

ohwell.gif

oh yeah, no i'm not new.

Who said you were?

**edit**

no one, but since i don't ever post, i thought that would be next.

i only posted because i got tired of reading that lame lie. i actually got annoyed by it. i felt my intelligence was being insulted.

Just checked your join date. Definitely a NOOB!
happy.gif

Kidding, good to see some old niketalkers still posting since this forum has went wayyyy downhill.

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

Originally Posted by Bruggs58

The Anniversary XI's are high maintenance shoes as is.  The upper will yellow, the patent leather will discolor and the icy soles will definitely yellow.  The leather at the back will get stained from your blue jeans. 

This sounds too easy to be true, but the easiest way to prevent your shoes from yellowing is to just keep them in the original box, in a dry cool place (i.e. closet) and out of long periods of displaying them under flourescent/UV lighting and/or sunlight. 

The worst thing you can do is Ziplock your shoe or saran wrap.  Believe me.  That's just intensifying and increasing all the risk for oxidation/yellowing.  There is a thread somewhere here (do a search on 'what if these were your OG's' or something like that) that shows what happens when you wrap shoes up.  They crumble.  Also read the shoe maintenance sticky at the top of this board with regards to Ziplocking/wrapping shoes.  You will find the same advice there. 

I have DS shoes from the early 1990's that are still 90% icy soles.  No special sealing or wrapping.  Just kept them in the original box and in a dark, dry place.  (No need for silica packs either).  PM me if you want proof of pictures.  The shoes need to breathe.  They are not meant to be sealed air-tight.  That's how you get cracking and crumbling from people sealing them, wrapping them 5x in Saran wrap or Ziplocking them.  Hope this helps.
Anyone else have any input on this?  I see people ziplocking on here sometimes.  does taking the paper out really matter?  I just feel like everyone does something different.  I have seen that what if these were your OGs thread and those were not an XI.  I'm just asking if these are different somehow? Does everyone agree that it is a bad idea?

Originally Posted by crazyforspizikes

Im wondering if I should take the wrapping paper out of the box? Will this cut down on yellowing over time? What do people think?

i was told that on here so i do it.....it kinda makes  sense after talkin about it

I absolutely agree with this post! Your shoes DO NOT need silca packs, serran wrap, or any of that funky garbage. I believe in keeping your shoes in the original box, and actually taking them out every few weeks to breath for like 5 minutes or something, that always keeps them in check from not drying up. However, I have been told that the actually tissue paper does some how effect the soles and also the mesh. I am not saying this is a fact, but this is what I hear. Therefore, I did take out the paper of my Space Jams, and my Anniversary XI, but not my B'Reds. I would like a little more insight on this specific issue (paper in the XI's). But overall, definately don't listen to others as they say silca packs, serran wrap, zip locks. For a few days-maybe, but not for long periods of time.

Was wondering...

1) Are there going to be restocks of these XI's? (Either online or at retail)

2) Which were produced more? These or the December 2009 Space Jams?

Back
Top Bottom