Jordan XI first impressions vs. 13 years later...

I can remember MJ first wearing the concord XI during his playoff series against the Orlando Magic. Even though it was the playoffs he wore them anyway and wasfined if I am not mistaken. I remember months later when the Concords came out only one friend having them. They sat on shelves collecting dust. It wasnt untilthe BReds came out months after, that the perception began to change. They didnt even sell out first day! I myself didnt think of them as a good looking shoeuntil that following summer of 96 and by that time they were all gone. They were widely regarded as an unattractive shoe from the people I know and askedabout, but...

Now they are widely regarded as the best shoe ever made looks wise. I myself wouldnt mind if the concords were a yearly or bi yearly release. being that itslike a white/white AF1 in the sense that you only can get a certain amount of wears out of them and then they just lose their "crispness".

I am a guy that has had over 200 pairs of DS or NDS kicks at one time. I dont collect anymore...but i do have a few kicks still in stock. For all of you oldershoe heads from around the country I was wondering if it was the same where you were from? I am from SoCal btw.

OK one the only shoe that I could really want something like a yearly same color or made as White on White Forces is the AJ 0(which imo needs to come out ormade)

2. Kicks werent that hot as they were now and people werent up for paying that much for kicks

3. All Aj XI would sell out unless its a store out in the boonies 4.Oh yeah the XX3 are the greatest Jay eva

at first I didn't like the patent leather Idea since it was applied to any sport shoe before....you can only see patent leather in dress shoesbefore....but as time passes by they became my favorite Jordans aside from the III's ...IV's ....V's ...VI's....

ill let you know what I think about the XI's after december with the 11/12 cdp. That will be my first pair of XI's

Ive liked them since 96 when I was a little kid and went into footaction trying to find the spacejam color way.I left with the breds tho.

I remember the first time I saw them on TV. my jaw dropped and not in a good way.

-J-

The XI's were ahead of their time. Like many things ahead of it's time, people didn't get it. That's why it sat on the shelves for so long. Noone liked them when they originally came out. No one got the concept. When did you see patent leather on sneakers back then??? NEVER!!! It was when patentleather started becoming popular, people started flooding to the stores trying to get their hands on a pair of XI's.

my first pair of 11's will be the cdp, i honestly think space jams are ugly, concords on the other hand are clean as hell

I don't see why people hype up the XI's they are O.K. but not the best looking jordan shoe out there.

They came out way back then I was in HS. I live in the south so jordans are very big down here so that monday after they dropped it was ethier you had them oryou missed out and got those grant hill filas with the patent leather on the side. Alot of people hated on them but it was no argument that these kicks werethe truth. I had the concords twice columbias and breds when they first dropped. All the cool kicks that nike is retroing now alot of us had when the firstdropped. Back then nike was on FIRE and the kicks had imagination, no lines no camp-outs no hypebeast no wannabe's just dudes who loved kicks.

I was 6 and I remember no matter how a Air Jordan looked it sold. It received mixed reviews back then, but now a majority think they're great looking.

Didn't like them as much.. especially when there were kicks like the III's and the IV's and possibly the VI's. hard to consider the XI the bestjordan ever..

Top 3
III's
XX3's
VI's

In that game when they showed a close up I literally got an erection.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

OK one the only shoe that I could really want something like a yearly same color or made as White on White Forces is the AJ 0(which imo needs to come out or made)

2. Kicks werent that hot as they were now and people werent up for paying that much for kicks

3. All Aj XI would sell out unless its a store out in the boonies 4.Oh yeah the XX3 are the greatest Jay eva
This post made very little sense for alot of reasons. AJ 0?

I can understand why people didn't like them at first it was pretty much the first basketball shoe to have patent leather. I'm sure alot of peopledidnt like that

Originally Posted by Face82

In that game when they showed a close up I literally got an erection.

indifferent.gif

lol !!#

11s r ok...but dey aint da shxt

It was the same way were im from. When the bred's came out that's when everybody went crazy in my area. I remember people getting robbed and jump forthe bred's but the concords moved slowly.

The 1st time I seen the AJ Xls was when MJ wore them in a playoff game ... I can't remember which game it was but all I remember was how much the sportsannouncer kept talking about his kicks rather than talk about he game. I thought hey were SUPER DOPE!!!

The 1st time I actually seen them in person.... my boy had them when I was in 5th grade and I just knew I had to have them!!!

Those were the sexiest sneakers I've ever seen in my life. I still get goosebumps when I see a crisp pair of Concords, Breds, and Columbias

i remember the patent leather on the shoes made people not like them at my school and stuff back then bc it was so different..but i guess it was ahead of itstime and now many people appreciate how it looks

I remember when they came out. Footlocker had stacks of concord's for sale, but nobody hardly ever bought them. Now its hard to get a pair unless you wannapay over 350?.....

Back
Top Bottom