Jordan XI Legend Blue - December 14, 2024

Don’t like the shine so I’m gonna go away from the satin but I will try it on one of my concords

Here's the satin Duraclear (on the left) and raw/untreated (on the right.) When they released, my friend gave me his pair (right) to treat them, so I sent him a picture before I did the treatment, thus the size difference.

I have the matte Duraclear, too, but that one is a little further down that dull spectrum than you'd expect. If you were to only use the matte Duraclear, I have a feeling it might make them even more opaque than how they appear raw. When I paint leather, I have typically ended up mixing about 60-70% satin, 40-30% matte to match the sheen of full grain leather, so depending on the look you're going for, you might want to get both versions and do a mixture, too. You can test different looks on the bottoms of the soles. Be certain what you want before you do the sides.
1705011452879.png

Last edited:
Here's the satin Duraclear (on the left) and raw/untreated (on the right.) When they released, my friend gave me his pair (right) to treat them, so I sent him a picture before I did the treatment, thus the size difference.

I have the matte Duraclear, too, but that one is a little further down that dull spectrum than you'd expect. If you were to only use the matte Duraclear, I have a feeling it might make them even more opaque than how they appear raw. When I paint leather, I have typically ended up mixing about 60-70% satin, 40-30% matte to match the sheen of full grain leather, so depending on the look you're going for, you might want to get both versions and do a mixture, too. You can test different looks on the bottoms of the soles. Be certain what you want before you do the sides.
1705011452879.png
Gonna try this out, thanks for putting us on

These nicknames ain't really start until Internet really got involved around 04-05.
This is a whole fact I was about 11 when the COLUMBIAS 1st dropped in 96’. I remember my older brother & his potnas calling them “THE POWDER BLUE & WHITE PATENT LEATHER JAYS” ppl back then were just calling them the obvious colors they saw.

This one states these should have specs similar to the original 1996 version.

But this one states they will use the Legend Blue shade. So it's somewhat confusing because it has me interpreting that they're going to use the same shade as the 2014 version.

I can live with a name that deviates from the original one for these. But it won't be acceptable for the purists if these end up resembling the crappy 2014 version in any way, shape or form. Most of us should be happy as long as they get it pretty similar to the 1996 version.

They can’t use Columbia anymore for whatever weird reason

The name is likely trademarked by Columbia University, but I can't confirm that.

That's normally the case whenever an entity or individual has to go by a different name if there's legitimate trademark involved.

In 96’ we didn’t even call them Columbias anyway, we called them the Carolinas.

Up here in WV as kids we threw around a few names for em. All stars, UNC’s, Carolina’s, and simply the baby blue ones lol

All stars, carolinas, baby blue etc...but Colombia was actually the named color on the box, but the other names were fine too

I used to refer to these in quite a nondescript way back in 1996, I referred to them as white and sky blue specifically.

I used to think they were a Tar Heels-themed shoe back then because of the ties with the color of the shoes and Jordan's former school's colors.

I admit I learned in retrospect they were called Columbia because of the color description on the box of the originals since I never owned any version of these.

This the year of blue J's which I never really liked except grape V's, SJ's, French blue 12's, motorsport iv's. More for y'all.

Back
Top Bottom