Jordan XI Legend Blue - December 14, 2024

1705983728799.png

1705984007932.png

I don't know much about Columbia blue but I always thought they had a ocean look 🌊. To me that's what made them fire. That blueish/clearish.

The soles over the past few years have had a bluer tint to them (concords, space jams, cherries, etc) so hopefully JB will just apply those soles to this year’s releases. Was never a fan on the opaque soles that came on the ‘14 pair.

The soles over the past few years have had a bluer tint to them (concords, space jams, cherries, etc) so hopefully JB will just apply those soles to this year’s releases. Was never a fan on the opaque soles that came on the ‘14 pair.
I'mma be honest, even those soles wouldn't come close to how it originally was. I'm really hoping they give us the OG sole. They haven't done it since.

I'mma be honest, even those soles wouldn't come close to how it originally was. I'm really hoping they give us the OG sole. They haven't done it since.

Sometimes, a change to an original is better. I actually liked the blue tint on the clear soles on the carolina 11s. Made them pop that much more

Sometimes, a change to an original is better. I actually liked the blue tint on the clear soles on the carolina 11s. Made them pop that much more
I respect your opinion and I understand where you are coming from and I actually agree in some cases, but this isn't one of them. Look at all the beautiful OG pics posted.

This article describes what to expect with the finished product.

Here's a snippet of it:

"This latest iteration of the Air Jordan 11 Retro Legend Blue is said to be a mash-up between the original Columbia and the 2014 Legend Blue. That means we can expect the shoe in its original shape, complete with higher-cut patent leather. The main difference is that Legend Blue accentuates the sneaker in its usual places instead of Columbia Blue. Besides that, this Air Jordan 11 Retro will be as true to the 1996 release as possible."

This article describes what to expect with the finished product.

Here's a snippet of it:

"This latest iteration of the Air Jordan 11 Retro Legend Blue is said to be a mash-up between the original Columbia and the 2014 Legend Blue. That means we can expect the shoe in its original shape, complete with higher-cut patent leather. The main difference is that Legend Blue accentuates the sneaker in its usual places instead of Columbia Blue. Besides that, this Air Jordan 11 Retro will be as true to the 1996 release as possible."

This is code for "we can't make it like the OG so we have to mish-mash it so you won't get too too mad at us for trying"

Sorry for the noob question but what's the difference between Columbia blue and Legend Blue?

This supposed mash-up execution is so asinine. Why can't we just get something quite similar to the 1996 version? Integrating the physical shape of the original with an undesirable color tweak from a latter version is really dumb.

There's no reason to integrate things with this one. Since Nike/Jordan Brand owns the copyright to this design, it means they should be able to replicate it properly.

This is code for "we can't make it like the OG so we have to mish-mash it so you won't get too too mad at us for trying"

If they really go with the mash-up execution as speculated, it would be so backwards and dumb.

"We'll try again down the line so you will buy that shoe too."

Hope they come through, they CAN get the color right, this off to a rocky start.

I wouldn't doubt if it's a ploy to get peeps to buy the inaccurate versions knowing they can rehash an accurate version in years to come based on them knowing peeps will get all versions of a specific model.

Sorry for the noob question but what's the difference between Columbia blue and Legend Blue?

Nothing to feel bad about because it's still confusing to many other people as well.

Colombia = Carolina shade
Legend Blue = Kinda Carolina shade, but aqua/greenish tint mixed in

I gotta see product pics on this

I was thinking the same thing because all pending releases go through so many variables regarding speculations and mock-up photos.

I'll just wait to see photos of the actual product as time heads toward the release date.

If they really go with the mash-up execution with these, it will be reminiscent of those piece 💩 so-called Infrared VI that looked more like pink that was released in late 2014. 🙄

High patent cut and a shade that matches the hue of the original is what I want. If the legend blue refers to the 2 jumpmans, that's not a big deal imo. Is the color of the sole included in the color of the shoe (serious question)? I don't remember that being the case with any other xi.

According to this one, these are supposed to be true to the original specs. Also, they'll have the original packaging. And they're going to be mass produced.

Back
Top Bottom