Jordan XII Red Taxi - May 18, 2024

This is definitely going to be this brand's priority to saturate the market with alternate colored versions of classic original colors. They're just going off an original color blueprint of a classic model and putting a color tweak on them.

We should expect alternate colors of the original Taxi XII in the years to come, similar to how they've been doing it with the alternate color versions of the Flint XIII.

This is definitely going to be this brand's priority to saturate the market with alternate colored versions of classic original colors. They're just going off an original color blueprint of a classic model and putting a color tweak on them.

We should expect alternate colors of the original Taxi XII in the years to come, similar to how they've been doing it with the alternate color versions of the Flint XIII.
And stop with these stupid *** names. Red taxi? Taxis are yellow, thats why these were nicknamed taxis. Should call these the ubers or something.

Calling them red taxi is like calling the XI this year the gold concords. Either way nicknames are outplayed. Looks like nothing more than an alternate version of the taxi due to staying true to bulls colors. Just another way of prolonging the release of what we really want. Red eyelets are a no imo.

Calling them red taxi is like calling the XI this year the gold concords. Either way nicknames are outplayed. Looks like nothing more than an alternate version of the taxi due to staying true to bulls colors. Just another way of prolonging the release of what we really want. Red eyelets are a no imo.
Yeah, they are just milking it so they can delay giving us Taxi’s. If I can get these on super cheap discount, ok. Otherwise, no.

Only Dollar Store prices for spoonie on these.

The red accents make them look like some bad fakes you find at flea markets.

This upcoming color made me conjure up that thought. These remind me of those bootleg Jordans that were commonly found in swap meets that were prevalent during the 2000s. I believe variants was also the term used to define those 2000s bootlegs.

I get the brand is trying to offer options for consumers with alternative colors for the classic retro models, but I feel they come out with more bad/unwanted colors than desirable colors. I admit a few of the alternative colors with the retros were nice for me because I liked how the finished product looked and I could match them with something.

This one is an example of why I've jokingly reiterated throughout this site that is seems like Jordan Brand tends to get design inspiration from the bootlegs of the 2000s.

Nah, I bought the royalty 12. Love that shoe. But for them to keep running the well dry with the same color scheme with mild changes, kinda shady. Its been 10 years, its time. Not trying to see some "Silver Taxis" two years from now. Just bring back what everyone wants. I can understand matching a color scheme with a twist every now and again. But in this situation, with this particular shoe, no. Everyone wants Taxis.

Nah, I bought the royalty 12. Love that shoe. But for them to keep running the well dry with the same color scheme with mild changes, kinda shady. It’s been 10 years, its time. Not trying to see some "Silver Taxis" two years from now. Just bring back what everyone wants. I can understand matching a color scheme with a twist every now and again. But in this situation, with this particular shoe, no. Everyone wants Taxis.
I bought the Royalty 12 and I like them a lot. It’s like a DMP 12. That was a fine release until the real Taxi’s came out. This one just seems forced and not needed. Like a slap in the face. We will just change the color of the tab and eyelets and give them another wannabe Taxi. We will call them…THE RED TAXI’S!

Back
Top Bottom