Jordan XIII Playoffs - February 18, 2023

Would it be overreaching to say these are on par with the OG? I think sometimes we overrate OG’s cause we look at them with rose colored glasses. There is no doubt though that they usually used better quality materials than most retros do and the shape, profile and such just looked better, though they still had QC issues.

These seem to be right there with the OG imo, if they aren’t they come VERY close.

Would it be overreaching to say these are on par with the OG? I think sometimes we overrate OG’s cause we look at them with rose colored glasses. There is no doubt though that they usually used better quality materials than most retros do and the shape, profile and such just looked better, though they still had QC issues.

These seem to be right there with the OG imo, if they aren’t they come VERY close.
Mostly everyone here agrees fam!

JB seems to be doing most OG releases justice. Some exceptions ofc but overall they seem to be getting them right. 11’s, 6’s, and 3’s are in a great place. 4’s are improving though the last Fire Reds left a bit to be desired. Last years Playoff 12’s were very good though not quite as good as these 13’s. The silver tongue Fire Red 5’s from a couple years ago were excellent. Recent Cardinal 7’s are outstanding.

I think the model that’s really needing the most love right now are 9’s. These need a complete overhaul .

6s are getting better but still need that high tongue, shape and materials more OG like

CBC04A34-8AD8-4495-A50B-E2F85945D4FF.jpeg

All retros lack the bulkiness of the OG iteration. This rehash version of the Playoff 13’s are good for what they are, a very respectable rehash at that. Unfortunately the shoes will never be an exact 1:1 of the OG’s.
A few pages back someone posted pic of the ‘23 next to the OG, loosened and lace pretty much the same, the bulkiness was very close/similar on both pairs.

All retros lack the bulkiness of the OG iteration. This rehash version of the Playoff 13’s are good for what they are, a very respectable rehash at that. Unfortunately the shoes will never be an exact 1:1 of the OG’s.
True. 13’s were bulky and on the taller side. These look good but to me an excellent 13 has those qualities.

I’m seeing at Davey Magoo Davey Magoo in every other thread but this one lol

Come outside and play with us man, we know your pair is otw lol
There has been a resolution to my Playoff storyline.

But I fear it may leave me the object of ridicule and scorn.

So I’m not going to speak about it publicly.

…my family and I ask for privacy during this difficult time.

Last edited:
JB seems to be doing most OG releases justice. Some exceptions ofc but overall they seem to be getting them right. 11’s, 6’s, and 3’s are in a great place. 4’s are improving though the last Fire Reds left a bit to be desired. Last years Playoff 12’s were very good though not quite as good as these 13’s. The silver tongue Fire Red 5’s from a couple years ago were excellent. Recent Cardinal 7’s are outstanding.

I think the model that’s really needing the most love right now are 9’s. These need a complete overhaul .
A complete overhaul in midsole comfort is what the 9s need, they are right up there with the 4's being the most uncomfortable Jordans. They feel like complete bricks.

Damn I still haven’t gotten a shipping email from GBNY even though I ordered immediately yesterday morning along with everyone else. I had ordered a pair with route protection and without the discount code cause I was in a rush. But when I found out about the discount code I reordered using that and turned off route protection. Called customer service to cancel my first order and they basically said they would apply the discount and take off route protection on my first order so then I would be going through with both orders. Never got a confirmation email that discount was applied or anything even though customer service sounded solid on it. Now I’m just hoping I get a pair!
I didn't get a shipping email too but I got the expected delivery date of Feb 27 or 28

Back
Top Bottom