Junior Seau committed suicide

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

His mother. 
30t6p3b.gif

I had to turn from the T.V

This.

Junior Seeya?

I kid. Definitely sad. This guy was kind of ubiquitous during the 90s. It seems like he was everywhere. It seems like he was the face of the NFL there for a bit. His foundation also did a lot of great things for kids.

Damn, this dude was the man. Few days ago I was going through my old jerseys and came across Seau and I had to just stop and hold it while looking at it, bringing back all the memories of him. Then this happens. RIP 

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Is it me or are the floodgates to the NFL-concussion issue about to blow wide open?

RIP.

Yep.

That's why I always find it funny when I here people say the league gone soft, especially when its coming from 5'4 120 lbs cats

I'm sure playing football accerbated it but Seau struck me as a guy with some issues in general can't say I'm surprised.  Life's hard man.

RiP to junior. Ill always remember his beastly days with the dolphins/chargers.

Ill save the suicide discussion for a couple days out of respect. RIP

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Is it me or are the floodgates to the NFL-concussion issue about to blow wide open?

RIP.

Yep.

That's why I always find it funny when I here people say the league gone soft, especially when its coming from 5'4 120 lbs cats

I'm sure playing football accerbated it but Seau struck me as a guy with some issues in general can't say I'm surprised.  Life's hard man.

You on your Mike +%++. Accerbated
laugh.gif

His mom on TV was very sad.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Yep.

You on your Mike +%++. Accerbated
laugh.gif

His mom on TV was very sad.
30t6p3b.gif
Chill....I just wrote a 150 page paper and haven slept in 40 hours and ate one meal during that time, Mike can't eem read

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

damn they just showed his mom at the press conference.. that was tough to watch
I got full body chills and almost lost it...I can't even imagine

I hate to be a jerk and say it, but at what point does it take for people to realize that shots to the head will leave repercussions down the road?  Seau didn't think about this when playing football?  I'm sure ALL ATHLETES realize the risks involved with sports.  If that's the case, they might as well outlaw MMA.  I personally dislike the promotion of such sport anyhow.  Still, the issue of a concussion and his suicide cannot be bridged together.

You have people fighting for their lives day in and day out at the hospital, but here you have Seau comitting suicide?  What good is killing yourself?  He could've put himself up for clinical tests and done better than to just end his life.  Still, it is tragic.

Also, SMH at the upcoming weeks and months about how heroic and great this player was. ESPN will be all over it, his picture will be on the cover of magazines with quick durations, much like Joe Paterno.  The whole process will rinse and repeat, 'again'.  But most of all, SMH at the 'after-the-fact' revelations about how they didn't know he had mental concerns.

Not sure if funny, but Seau proally hurt a lot more people unintentionally with repercussions not in the media.

Originally Posted by djaward

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by AlRjordan

Do you think he intentionally shot himself in the chest and not the head for this specific reason? I remember hearing about another football player that did these so that the NFL would take notice and tests could be run on his brain. 

Could be the case. I had completely forgot about him trying to drive off the cliff a couple years ago too. He's been dealing with this pain for a while
30t6p3b.gif
So sad

The concussion issue was huge as is, it's going to explode now  
Just read that Seau wanted his brain donated to doctors so they can run test. He said that he wants to prove that football made him mentally ill. R.I.P. SEAU. 

It'll be interesting the effect this has on Football from Peewee through the NFL.

EVERY headache or anything resulting from Football probably needs to be monitored way more extensively. And there needs to be more ability to actually tell a player "NO, you're not playing". 

can yall chill with your personal opinions on suicide? have some +@+#@# respect. this aint the time to step up on your soapbox.
aint nobody give a damb what you think. your opinion on suicide doesnt matter.
30t6p3b.gif

anyways RIP Junior. hall of fame for sure. asap

Back
Top Bottom