Junior Seau committed suicide

Originally Posted by djaward

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by AlRjordan

Do you think he intentionally shot himself in the chest and not the head for this specific reason? I remember hearing about another football player that did these so that the NFL would take notice and tests could be run on his brain. 

Could be the case. I had completely forgot about him trying to drive off the cliff a couple years ago too. He's been dealing with this pain for a while
30t6p3b.gif
So sad

The concussion issue was huge as is, it's going to explode now  
Just read that Seau wanted his brain donated to doctors so they can run test. He said that he wants to prove that football made him mentally ill. R.I.P. SEAU. 

Crazy.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Who is the other NFL player yall are talking about?

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by djaward

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Could be the case. I had completely forgot about him trying to drive off the cliff a couple years ago too. He's been dealing with this pain for a while
30t6p3b.gif
So sad

The concussion issue was huge as is, it's going to explode now  
Just read that Seau wanted his brain donated to doctors so they can run test. He said that he wants to prove that football made him mentally ill. R.I.P. SEAU. 

Crazy.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Who is the other NFL player yall are talking about?

Dave Duerson, did the same thing.   

Back in 2011, former NFL star Dave Duerson shot himself in the chest ... and explained in his suicide note that he wanted his brain donated to a research center because he believed the blows he took to the head during his football career caused him to become mentally impaired.

and i know TMZ gets clowned but they did did report it very early if not "first" -  and they were cautious with it and just said police were there and there was a gunshot then they updated it as more info came along...not like a MTO type senesaiton headline thing then correcting it later

anyways RIP to the man...he was a soldier...sad to see it end like this...20+ years of playing at the level that he did had to have taken a major toll on the mind and body

I'm in shock. I came on here hoping to hear of a false report and Seau was okay, but ESPN has already confirmed it. He was an incredible linebacker in his prime. R.I.P to a legend....
tired.gif

On another note, I hope Nike now decides to retro the Air Barrages. Would be somewhat of a fitting tribute to one of the game's all time greats.

Originally Posted by bklyn style baby

Its sad, but i have no respect for anyone who commits suicide.

It's a very complex topic , sometimes i feel like its the most selfish thing someone could do. Look how bad his mom was grieving during the press conference.

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

It's a very complex topic , sometimes i feel like its the most selfish thing someone could do. Look how bad his mom was grieving during the press conference.
I only feel they way when it feels like it's completely out of the control of the victim. I didn't know Seau's crash back in 2010 had anything to do with
possible concussion symptoms, I had thought it was a regular car accident until I read the full story. Both him and Chris Benoit both definitely had brain

issues/damage, so them taking their own lives. But I don't take pity on anyone who takes there own life who are in their right mind, but make it appear that

there or so many things wrong with themselves.

I felt so sad, I had to tweet Marcellus. Listening to him almost made me cry, you can tell they were genuine friends. It sounded like he was really crying for a family member.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

I only feel they way when it feels like it's completely out of the control of the victim. I didn't know Seau's crash back in 2010 had anything to do with
possible concussion symptoms, I had thought it was a regular car accident until I read the full story. Both him and Chris Benoit both definitely had brain

issues/damage, so them taking their own lives. But I don't take pity on anyone who takes there own life who are in their right mind, but make it appear that

there or so many things wrong with themselves.

word. its hard to tell with some people though, Junior was a professional football player and the possibility of concussion symptoms effecting his suicide is high.

So are the concussions causing physical pain or are they causing depression?

I used to feel this way too, but then learned that people who are contemplating suicide are in a complete different place mentally then regular people are. 
It's SOOOOO easy to sit back and type out how selfish, how irresponsible, and how weak it is to take your own life, but really though... what we should be doing is trying to help people like this in any way that you can, because suicide is just as serious a disease as anything else. 

RIP. Was a guy that we loved to hate in Denver when I was growing up. He was a heck of a player. This is a sad day for sure

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

So are the concussions causing physical pain or are they causing depression?
There are lots of studies tying individuals who sustain severe/multiple concussions to something called CTE, which basically is a degenerative disease found in the brain very similar to dementia. Some studies of brains that have been exposed to multiple concussions have found that they resemble brains of 80+ year olds with severe documented dementia.

CTE has also been tied to the irratic/depressive/aggressive behavior that many former athletes are reported displaying prior to - sadly and commonly - committing suicide.

Google the Sports Legacy Institute if you want more info. Concussions are definitely a big concern in the sports world and it will be interesting to see what other news will come out regarding Seau's state/behavior leading up to today...

Back
Top Bottom