Just bought a Dog VOL. SHIBA INU

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Try not to give her/him any human food. I made that mistake and now my dog refuses to eat dry/can kibble by itself. That damn B would go all day without eating until I finally give in and give her chicken mixed with her own food. Of course she only eats the chicken.
people who say this are very ignorant. Put dry food in it's bowl and in a couple days/ few days it will have no choice but to eat it. Don't be like this guy and many other people who have this weird idea that their dog is going to starve to death if you be stern with NOT feeding it people food 

edit: i don't mean to come off as harsh but you're doing your dog more harm than good 

Shiba inus are hot...they don't get big or require alot and they're cool dogs...a friend of mine got one..he's a little gangsta..he won't worry about small dogs or dogs his size but the minute a huge dog is around he starts to flex lol

Shiba inus are hot...they don't get big or require alot and they're cool dogs...a friend of mine got one..he's a little gangsta..he won't worry about small dogs or dogs his size but the minute a huge dog is around he starts to flex lol

Someone on here has a beautiful Shiba that they posted in the PYD thread what seems like a year ago. Ever since then I have decided that a Shiba will be my first dog. That and the fact that on the flight back to FL from NY dude had his shiba on the plane (not sure how that happened) the whole trip and the dog never made a sound, really well mannered breed.

Someone on here has a beautiful Shiba that they posted in the PYD thread what seems like a year ago. Ever since then I have decided that a Shiba will be my first dog. That and the fact that on the flight back to FL from NY dude had his shiba on the plane (not sure how that happened) the whole trip and the dog never made a sound, really well mannered breed.

Shiba inus are hot...they don't get big or require alot and they're cool dogs...a friend of mine got one..he's a little gangsta..he won't worry about small dogs or dogs his size but the minute a huge dog is around he starts to flex lol and good luck with him

Shiba inus are hot...they don't get big or require alot and they're cool dogs...a friend of mine got one..he's a little gangsta..he won't worry about small dogs or dogs his size but the minute a huge dog is around he starts to flex lol and good luck with him

Heres a few pics of my Shiba named Waffles, I feed him table food often and he doesn't have a problem with eating his dry food. Sure he would prefer some fresh chicken, but who wouldn't. I guess I got extremely lucky he never went to the bathroom inside the crate during the night, not even once. He also didnt eat his own crap like I hear some peoples dogs do. If you read online they are very independent and clean dogs.

kqmig.jpg

zx6zxk.jpg

2v3fu6t.jpg

Heres a few pics of my Shiba named Waffles, I feed him table food often and he doesn't have a problem with eating his dry food. Sure he would prefer some fresh chicken, but who wouldn't. I guess I got extremely lucky he never went to the bathroom inside the crate during the night, not even once. He also didnt eat his own crap like I hear some peoples dogs do. If you read online they are very independent and clean dogs.

kqmig.jpg

zx6zxk.jpg

2v3fu6t.jpg

Sweet Shiba!

I've not a clue on how to handle Dogs so abit worried thats all.... just the bathroom training is most important for me and to make sure my guy knows hes not the alpha in the house.

Sweet Shiba!

I've not a clue on how to handle Dogs so abit worried thats all.... just the bathroom training is most important for me and to make sure my guy knows hes not the alpha in the house.

Ive always wanted one of those JDM dogs, make sure you teach him whos the bause and like already posted youre going to need a lot time and patience 

Ive always wanted one of those JDM dogs, make sure you teach him whos the bause and like already posted youre going to need a lot time and patience 

Originally Posted by theHBkid

Sweet Shiba!

I'm no expert either, but these are pretty smart dogs, after 2 days he was going on the paper in house every time, then I slowly moved the paper out to the front door and out the house and he just kinda learned. Mine liked to chew random things like the door molding and furniture during the teething stage, for whatever reason he never chewed any of my sneakers (also didn't give him a ton of chances but still he never did) As far as being alpha, the only thing I can remember reading is that it's a big thing to not let him on your bed, if you do.. he sees it as being your equal and he thinks he runs +!$. Now at 2 years old I could kinda care less and the dog is always on my bed and sleeps there at night with me sometimes, just always let him know whose boss lol.

Originally Posted by theHBkid

Sweet Shiba!

I'm no expert either, but these are pretty smart dogs, after 2 days he was going on the paper in house every time, then I slowly moved the paper out to the front door and out the house and he just kinda learned. Mine liked to chew random things like the door molding and furniture during the teething stage, for whatever reason he never chewed any of my sneakers (also didn't give him a ton of chances but still he never did) As far as being alpha, the only thing I can remember reading is that it's a big thing to not let him on your bed, if you do.. he sees it as being your equal and he thinks he runs +!$. Now at 2 years old I could kinda care less and the dog is always on my bed and sleeps there at night with me sometimes, just always let him know whose boss lol.

I hate these little !*+#$. I took my puppy (yellow lab) to the dog park a few weeks back and a Shiba bit and tugged her ear until it bled, for no reason at all. Another one tried to nip my finger when I reached to pet it.

From what I've heard they're not very sociable around both dogs or humans... they're very cat like.

I hate these little !*+#$. I took my puppy (yellow lab) to the dog park a few weeks back and a Shiba bit and tugged her ear until it bled, for no reason at all. Another one tried to nip my finger when I reached to pet it.

From what I've heard they're not very sociable around both dogs or humans... they're very cat like.

Back
Top Bottom