Just bought a Dog VOL. SHIBA INU

64c36be76174aeb4946f30b654728ae136345b31_r.jpg
bf116362a8963557853471d68688ed5f00c3b157_r.jpg

Ugly!?!?

Mine was cool, but definitely had a mind of her own.. would listen 50% of the time and do her own %#$^ the other 50%

64c36be76174aeb4946f30b654728ae136345b31_r.jpg
bf116362a8963557853471d68688ed5f00c3b157_r.jpg

Ugly!?!?

Mine was cool, but definitely had a mind of her own.. would listen 50% of the time and do her own %#$^ the other 50%

I want one of these dogs bad. I love the way they look.

I want one of these dogs bad. I love the way they look.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

From what I've heard they're not very sociable around both dogs or humans... they're very cat like.

I think they def have specific traits to the breed per say, but I think a huge chunk of it is the environment they are brought up in, now my dog goes nuts every-time someone new comes in the house..not even trying to bite or anything, just barking. After 5 mins tho it's like hes known you forever. And when I read up on the breed initially everything said they are pretty much the opposite of a "lap dog" but my dog has no problem relaxing up on my lap if I decide to put him there.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

From what I've heard they're not very sociable around both dogs or humans... they're very cat like.

I think they def have specific traits to the breed per say, but I think a huge chunk of it is the environment they are brought up in, now my dog goes nuts every-time someone new comes in the house..not even trying to bite or anything, just barking. After 5 mins tho it's like hes known you forever. And when I read up on the breed initially everything said they are pretty much the opposite of a "lap dog" but my dog has no problem relaxing up on my lap if I decide to put him there.

pimp.gif
NICE! i have a black and white shiba named lennox. gonna be 2 years old this august. love the little guy. this was my family's first dog and we got him when he was ~8 weeks. 

it was fairly easy to potty train him. when my family first got him, we would let him out every hour or so until he went pee/poo. after a few days he found his spot in the yard where he would go and he got good at holding it in and not going in the house until we let him out. from what i've heard they're really clean and WONT go pee/poo in their pen or where they sleep. so keep that in mind. 
it was a pain to get him acquainted with the house though. at first we tried leaving him in his crate but he would CRY NON STOP into the night. so eventually we created a little pen area for him and we would leave him there when we were out of the house or at night. he eventually learned how to scale the walls of the pen like a ninja and escape
eek.gif
laugh.gif
. we then moved him into a larger crate and he got used to it. now he sleeps on my bed or with one of my siblings.

he also learned a bunch of tricks QUICK. he knows how to sit, lay down, play dead, roll over, bow, shake hands, and high five with either paw! really intelligent dog.

like others have said, they are very cat like. theyre really quiet and can prowl around the house.

my shiba is also really stubborn, though. we can teach him how to do tricks but he picks and chooses when to come to us when we call him.

DO NOT let them off the leash unless it is in a closed area. walk and play with it frequently.

overall very good dog. enjoy!

edit with pics of my dog. 

8 or so weeks

this was maybe a month ago (excuse the instagram pic):

pimp.gif
NICE! i have a black and white shiba named lennox. gonna be 2 years old this august. love the little guy. this was my family's first dog and we got him when he was ~8 weeks. 

it was fairly easy to potty train him. when my family first got him, we would let him out every hour or so until he went pee/poo. after a few days he found his spot in the yard where he would go and he got good at holding it in and not going in the house until we let him out. from what i've heard they're really clean and WONT go pee/poo in their pen or where they sleep. so keep that in mind. 
it was a pain to get him acquainted with the house though. at first we tried leaving him in his crate but he would CRY NON STOP into the night. so eventually we created a little pen area for him and we would leave him there when we were out of the house or at night. he eventually learned how to scale the walls of the pen like a ninja and escape
eek.gif
laugh.gif
. we then moved him into a larger crate and he got used to it. now he sleeps on my bed or with one of my siblings.

he also learned a bunch of tricks QUICK. he knows how to sit, lay down, play dead, roll over, bow, shake hands, and high five with either paw! really intelligent dog.

like others have said, they are very cat like. theyre really quiet and can prowl around the house.

my shiba is also really stubborn, though. we can teach him how to do tricks but he picks and chooses when to come to us when we call him.

DO NOT let them off the leash unless it is in a closed area. walk and play with it frequently.

8 or so weeks

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

pimp.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif

8 or so weeks

i'm jelly

Back
Top Bottom