Just hit the lottery... What car should I buy? ++UPDATED WITH PROOF OF TICKET++

Originally Posted by jomitm

ps. OP, hope you pay for college too with that dough. i would.

Truth... and I second the Audi... though nowadays, you probably are better off getting an Hybrid...

Congrats, and since you will buy a car with straight cash you can def. negotiate with the dealers about lower the prices signficantly, the market is very poorright now.

Don' buy a crib, invest in a condo or somethin'.
pimp.gif

pay off college first man.....

like, seriously--a car?? No. You need to set aside what you'll need to pay off college, THEN with the rest worry about what kinda car. Which....eh, I'mdone.

JORDANFIENDXII wrote:

UPDATE:

Wow, didnt expect all this disbelief. I already went into make the claim and will get my check in 2-6 weeks. After taxes I get 172,500. And to the guy who said something about buying a house I'm only 20 and I am attending Ohio University so I dont need a house. I want to buy a new car with some of the money and thats what I am going to do. Here is the proof (sorry its not too clear but its the best i could do with my phone before I went to the regional lotto office.) PROOF:

- no disrespect but thats one of the dumbest things you could have said. its not about needing a house. could you use moremoney? matter of fact...do you need more money? if yes, then you need a house since you have the bread to spend iton.......(so to speak)

- you could get a house and/or rental property (possibly even a commercial storefront to rent). you have enough money to get the car and the house (orproperty), with that amount you have a crazy amount of options to mix.....

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

JORDANFIENDXII wrote:

UPDATE:

Wow, didnt expect all this disbelief. I already went into make the claim and will get my check in 2-6 weeks. After taxes I get 172,500. And to the guy who said something about buying a house I'm only 20 and I am attending Ohio University so I dont need a house. I want to buy a new car with some of the money and thats what I am going to do. Here is the proof (sorry its not too clear but its the best i could do with my phone before I went to the regional lotto office.) PROOF:

- no disrespect but thats one of the dumbest things you could have said. its not about needing a house. could you use more money? matter of fact...do you need more money? if yes, then you need a house since you have the bread to spend it on.......(so to speak)

- you could get a house and/or rental property (possibly even a commercial storefront to rent). you have enough money to get the car and the house (or property), with that amount you have a crazy amount of options to mix.....

mfers on NT always act like real estate is the end all be all.

1. Buy a house
2. Buy stocks.

1. You don't need a house, but a house is a safe investment for a college student. Buy it, rent it out to some other people (you don't even have tolive in it yourself). You'll be building equity as the price increases while your tenants are paying rent. You can buy a much better car in 5 years thenwhat you would buy today.

2. Put 30k in a daytrading stock market account, and learn to trade stocks. Put maybe 20k of your 30k in 5 year holding positions, use the remainding 10k forday trades. Every year, take out some money and put it into a holding CD. Plan a 5 year exit scheme so buy the time the 6th year rolls around you have enoughmoney in your CD to buy a car.
In 5 years, you'll see a nice return. Buy and m5, game over.

If you buy a car today, you're probably getting an altima/something mad generic.

I'd take NT's advice on this one. Trust me fam. You don't know what your doing.

Either buy a house or

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

1. Buy a house
2. Buy stocks.

1. You don't need a house, but a house is a safe investment for a college student. Buy it, rent it out to some other people (you don't even have to live in it yourself). You'll be building equity as the price increases while your tenants are paying rent. You can buy a much better car in 5 years then what you would buy today.

2. Put 30k in a daytrading stock market account, and learn to trade stocks. Put maybe 20k of your 30k in 5 year holding positions, use the remainding 10k for day trades. Every year, take out some money and put it into a holding CD. Plan a 5 year exit scheme so buy the time the 6th year rolls around you have enough money in your CD to buy a car.
In 5 years, you'll see a nice return. Buy and m5, game over.

If you buy a car today, you're probably getting an altima/something mad generic.

I'd take NT's advice on this one. Trust me fam. You don't know what your doing.

Either buy a house or

You think of all the car choices he has, he's going to buy an altima? Honestly?

Back
Top Bottom