Just hit the lottery... What car should I buy? ++UPDATED WITH PROOF OF TICKET++

I'll break it down like this:

A car depreciates in value as it gets older.

A house appreciates in value the longer you hold on to it. The same goes for investments (stocks, CD's, money market, etc.).

For someone your age (and this is assuming you don't have much debt), get a nice car that's not too overboard price wise. Put some money intoinvestment and hold on to it. You'll see it grow as you get older and will be able to use it without losing principal. Good luck with whatever you do andcongratulations.

I thought you had to be 21 to play lotto???

must be diff in your state cause that would suck if you are null and void due to your age.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

I thought you had to be 21 to play lotto???

must be diff in your state cause that would suck if you are null and void due to your age.

18 man and congrats to OP

Dr Spaceman wrote:

mfers on NT always act like real estate is the end all be all.

Well, it pretty much is for most of us. Where I live, I can catch the bus if I wanted to, so if I had a house paid for, all I'd have to worryabout is paying for heat/water/electric and buying food for the rest of my life.

You can't even put a price on that kind of peace of mind.

When you start doing your own taxes you'll learn about the other advantages to owning a home.
pimp.gif

I would definitely buy a house while the market is down man. This is the time to get something cheaper then you would if the market was normal. Take advantageof it while you can.

U in skool, so u dont need a house.
pay off ur skool loans, if applicable
and lets spend the rest in Rio.....

First off .. CONGRAT !!!!
pimp.gif

Here is my opinion :::: Buy a nice reliable car, maybe an 06-08 Accord, and BUY A HOUSE OR CONDO .. pay for it in full, rent it out, collect funds, stashthem, sell the house when you graduate, and at 7 a.m. imma do it again , imma do it again .............. PUT YA HANDS UP !!

I would definitely buy a house in an area I would like to live for the rest of my life.

There's nothing like owning your own property.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Dr Spaceman wrote:

mfers on NT always act like real estate is the end all be all.
Well, it pretty much is for most of us. Where I live, I can catch the bus if I wanted to, so if I had a house paid for, all I'd have to worry about is paying for heat/water/electric and buying food for the rest of my life.

You can't even put a price on that kind of peace of mind.

When you start doing your own taxes you'll learn about the other advantages to owning a home.
pimp.gif

- to add to that, one has to seperate their mind from thinking buying a house is always some 30 year commitment where you're planting your roots to stayforever. buying a home (in this situation) could help his money grow while at the same time giving him an alternative income (depending on the way he worksit).

-
laugh.gif
@ cats still on that "your in school you dont need ahouse"
laugh.gif
. since he's a student dude could buy a duplex (or haveone built), rent one side out then after school is done, keep it and rent both sides out to students....how is that not a win/win?

- dont get me wrong i fully understand there are other investment opportunities out there besides real estate, but the notion of notneeding a house is silly, everyone needs somewhere to sleep and owning where you sleep as tonot have to pay someone else can hardly be beat.

.....i wonder what car he plans to purchase?

Most of College/House is a good idea.. If you get out of college with owning a house and >20k to pay for college, you will easily be able to get a nice carwithin the year of getting a decent full time job.

edit: Since you don't want a house (have foresight to put money away for a house) pay off college, get a 30k car and spend 20k on things you want to havethat you haven't had the opportunity to get.

Congrats man! I knew one day one of us had to hit it.

You could buy a new camaro or challenger. With cash, they will give you a sweet deal. Or get a pre-owned Lexus GS or ES would be better for you.

CGuy had a good idea. You could buy a house and rent it to students to pay mortgage. The tax write off would be worth it alone.

HE WANTS A CAR.

get a car dude. dont settle for a cheap 25k car though. i mean after driving it down the block, and realizing that youre still the chump that you are. youregonna figure you should have got the better car. forget about buying a house. i mean you're a college guy. youre going to what live in the dorms i take it?if not live at your parents and commute to college. that's the way to do it. either stay with the flow or hold yourself back for what the future hasinstore for you.

Yo man get the car YOU want! Congrats. P.S. Some people need to read the thread title sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom