Justin Timberlake Thread: The 20/20 Experience Due 3/19, Link to "Suit & Tie" ft. Jay-Z on 1st Page

Part 2 is a solid album but it's very hard to top part 1.

This album is good but forgettable for me. Part 1 was so damn smooth

I didn't say it was a good as part 1; I said I'm undecided clearly at this moment I like part 1 better

I could only listen to one of these albums I'm taking part 1

That being said TKO is still a banger

Listening now, haven't heard cabaret yet but him and drake should actually be able to make a dope track

I think people were expecting a literal part 2. Like a continuation of the songs and vibe from part 1. That's why people are dissapointed because it isn't the same. Which I don't think is fair.

I'm glad he went in a different direction. No need to touch the songs on part 1. Joint is a masterpiece imo.

When taken objectively as one album, it's a solid album. Stop about there for me

When taken in context with part 1, I feel like part 1 definitely outshines it. But I do appreciate the dichotomy between the two. For me, the bluesy-soulful JT has always been my favorite

The only reason I compare is because it's attached to part 1.. people would compare the 2 regardless because it's a double.

Scared to hear this because I don't want him mixing producers. That's what made part 1 so great, just him and Timbaland.

Part 2 is ok, but it isn't touching the first one. Cabaret is cool, Murder is ok and Not A Bad Thing is dope. i think he shoud of just released everything at once. it would of all sounded better instead of waiting a couple of months to drop it.

Lol one of my ex's called me and told me she bought me the entire JT discography for my bday including the double disc 20/20 joint. 

So im just gonna continue to listen to Trap Lord and Kiss Land until I have this in my hands next week lol Hope its good

Last edited:
man, i like JT, but i don't understand how such a horrible writer can get soo much love...like, dude is amateur night bad when it comes to the pen game...

^^ Probably carries over from his N'Sync days and his fanbase is MASSIVE so it doesn't matter what the lyrics are :lol: Let's be real Nsync has CORNY lyrics too but that teenage girl fanbase is :wow: they've grown up and stuck with him. Plus he's a cool dude so guys enjoy his music too, Timbo's production helps as well. :smokin

Stilln I know you love you some JT bro... But you can't objectively look me in the eyes and say this is anywhere near as good as part 1.

Forget about what people might think because "this is more of the same" and "part 1 was the return." Just think A vs. B

A is far far better than B.

Like hymen says, not trash by any means. Has a few nice tracks. Cabaret was cool. But you can tell they out the A tracks on the first album, and are trying to capitalize by putting the B tracks out now near the holiday season. Smart business decisions. No hate. But there's no "this is winter music while that's summer..." Nah man. TKO ain't a seasonal song it's just a regular JT sounding single. And this music just isn't as good as Part 1.

And before you feel attacked that is not my intention. I loved part 1 and was with you defending it amongst the haters. But I see you trying to tip toe around having to be honest and im just sayin stop
laugh.gif

It's clearly not the best of the 21 songs recorded bro. It's okay to say it. We know you're still a JT fan and we won't think of you any less. And we don't think of JT any less. It's clear it's just a bonus album with bonus tracks. No hate.

Part 1 is still a top candidate for AOTY.
I mean, if you're gonna be honest, might as well keep it 100.

Both part 1 and 2 aren't very good.  Outside of 1, maybe 2 or 3 songs on Part 1 none of it has an replay value.  Whole thing was contrived super packaged **** to bait consumers.

It just took most people til part 2 when he tried to do it again with wacker music that people are catching on.

Last edited:
Got through one listen and it wasn't easy. I think this album is for the radio and targeting a younger crowd. A lot of corny lines and hooks. Album is unnecessarily raunchy. I don't think it's bad but Part 1 had a nice mature cohesiveness to it. I felt like that was some smooth R&B/Soul. This one, it seems like they're trying to get kids to singalong and buy it up. I can see a lot of this on the radio. I liked 3 songs. TKO (corny but that beat at the end had me OPEN), Amensia was ok but not something I see myself going back for and Not a Bad Thing. Not gonna purchase this one which is gonna drive me crazy because I've purchased all of his other albums :lol:

Album is good. Not touching the first. Some definite misses on there but also some really good stuff. First album was may more cohesive. This just seems like a collection of the extra songs they thought were good.

My favorite track is Only When I Walk Away

It helps that its clearly inspired/influenced sonically by one of my favorite Beatles songs of all time, Come Together.

I'm with you guys saying this isn't as good as part 1.  Can't even be mad though because my dude dropped the AOTY already.  Hopefully JT and Drake collab on some more stuff, Cabaret is
pimp.gif

Last edited:
im not gonna lie, this was the first JT album in his discography that i can't listen to straight through... there's only a couple of tracks im really into. im just not a fan of the direction they went with on this album... besides the few tracks i messed with, it felt like a bunch of bonus cuts that didn't make part 1 :\

that being said part 1 is still incredible. it fits perfectly in his discography with its own style & sound & rides straight through. him & timbo really created something special with that project.

Last edited:
huge JT fan, but this album is garbage. definitely took a step back from pt 1 (which was certified flames).

album sounds like a bunch of extras/throwaways. only mess with like 3 songs on it. :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom