Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

oprah-winfrey-shrug.gif

well damn

Last edited:
IUIC Founder interviewed on Comedy Hype about why they were outside Barclays, and their general position.

What he teaches is a lie though.

Saying that Native Americans are semitic is stretching the definition of the word beyond what's observable.

The truth is that at some point or another, you'll find claims of ethnic links to Israel/Hebrews/lost tribes from people on every continent that have been proven wrong:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistori...ynesian_peoples_have_semitic_origins/cylt2lr/

It's a grift.

Is there a version of this article I can read that doesn’t require a subscription? I really, really want to send this to a friend of mine from Chicago. I once questioned Kanye’s toughness and this person swore up and down Kanye had to be tough because he’s from Chicago. I never caught that vibe from him at all.

Is there a version of this article I can read that doesn’t require a subscription? I really, really want to send this to a friend of mine from Chicago. I once questioned Kanye’s toughness and this person swore up and down Kanye had to be tough because he’s from Chicago. I never caught that vibe from him at all.

If ever you find yourself agreeing with Jason Whitlock, it might be time to reassess things. Such a bozo take. He doesn’t care what religion they practice (which conveniently ignores their very vocal antisemitism) and is just glad some men showed up? I guess he doesn’t realize they only showed up because of his tweet. Where were they at when Kyrie was getting clowned (and barred from playing) for his anti-vax stance?

Also, imagine being in the media and complaining about tHe MeDiA. You really can’t make it up.

I live in Chicago right now, and being from here should in no way automatically prove how tough someone is. A lot of people here are extremely sheltered/naive who think the world=the North side of Chicago, or they’re just normal people who live in dangerous neighborhoods out of financial necessity/segregation.

What's very interesting about watching him operate, from the outside, is the amount of new "friends" he seems to make to fit whatever mood he's in. I don't recall him having any old childhood friends around, really ever.

The not being Chicago narrative is interesting. I don't think it adds or takes away from the conversation about him at all since I don't see the benefit of claiming Chicago. He stated he was from Chicago when Chicago wasn't even popular music wise. The only benefit I could possible make out is not being expected to make ATL sounding snap music that was starting to get popular when he came out. I'm going to try to find the Holcomb podcast where he makes mention of it.

Regardless, growing up in a rough neighborhood does not always equal tough, street smart. In my opinion, that's not an accurate measuring stick of if someone is really from that area.

I'm going to try to find the Holcomb podcast where he makes mention of it.

starts at 22:45 with the chicago talk

kanye specifically 23:40

**the time scrolling is weird on this (couldnt find on youtube)

Last edited:
I live in Chicago right now, and being from here should in no way automatically prove how tough someone is.
lol

yeah, now

were you there in the 90s?

this is my problem
everyone got a lot to say about chicago that aint even from there
but nobody was outside when it was really real

people got ya'll fooled
throw out a couple "southsides" on a song and you're validated
seems to be all it takes

Imma need more than that

lol

yeah, now

this is my problem

people got ya'll fooled
seems to be all it takes

Imma need more than that

Appreciate the link to the podcast.

I had another comment based on this but I think it would be best boiled down to this; even if it's found he's not from Chicago proper and we have another 21 Savage situation, what does it change?

He will always be linked to South Side regardless if it's true or not.

Last edited:
lol

yeah, now

this is my problem

people got ya'll fooled
seems to be all it takes

Imma need more than that

You think it’s cool to be tough and/or to have been outside when it was “really real?”

That just sounds sad…

Appreciate the link to the podcast.

I had another comment based on this but I think it would be best to just boil it down to this; even if it's found out he's not from Chicago proper and we have another 21 Savage situation, what does it change?

He will always be linked to South Side regardless if it's true or not.
I honestly dont care where he's from

what this changes?
to me, I hope that it makes people realize we are dealing with a chameleon
we dont know where he came from or what is true or not with him

he's an agent of chaos
sent by who? dont know

but be careful with this person and when you find yourself getting emotional about what he does/says
just remember its coming from a person that could very well be a plant/the ops

stay aware and doubt everything
dont just take his/their word for it

mainstream = the matrix/the system
theres levers that can be pulled
and keys to locks in that world that we just cant wrap our heads around
he's operating under some dark ****

if I dont know where youre from/simple questions cant even be answered
I cant trust you

thats all

Last edited:
I honestly dont care where he's from

what this changes?
to me, I hope that it makes people realize we are dealing with a chameleon
we dont know where he came from or what is true or not with him

he's an agent of chaos
sent by who? dont know

but be careful with this person and when you find yourself getting emotional about what he does/says
just remember its coming from a person that could very well be a plant/the ops

thats all

stay aware and doubt everything
dont just take his word for it

mainstream = the matrix/the system
theres levers that can be pulled
and keys to locks in that world that we just can wrap our heads around
he's operating under some dark ****

if I dont know where youre from/simple questions cant even be answered
I cant trust you

thats all

Thanks for the clarification.
I took your initial comment as gate keeping for toughness, now I see you meant it as we can't take him as an authentic presence. I think that's a valid conversation to be had.

Thanks for the clarification.
I took your initial comment as gate keeping for toughness, now I see you meant it as we can't take him as an authentic presence. I think that's a valid conversation to be had.

We could say that we can’t take a lot of rappers as an “authentic presence” , hop over to the hip hop thread in music and it’s a constant debate.

It’s like people pick and choose who they want to hold to this “authentic” standard.

We could say that we can’t take a lot of rappers as an “authentic presence” , hop over to the hip hop thread in music and it’s a constant debate.

It’s like people pick and choose who they want to hold to this “authentic” standard.

I completely agree with you but I don't think individuals selective standard should take away from having a discussion about it.

It's a complex debate since consumers of music have just as much fault as record companies, artist, etc.

Back
Top Bottom