Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

it doesn't matter where u come from, its where you aim your ambition towards.

You don’t think being surrounded by and adapting to poverty and crime shapes and influences peopeles ambitions vs growing up in the burbs middle class? The fact that the large majority of people born poor don’t make it out proves that there’s more at play than lack of ambition

Like how many times does it have to be said that making the best out of the hand you are dealt and being against inequality are not mutually exclusive. People can multitask for God's sake.

This.

Unfortunately I don't think this will ever penetrate their thickened skulls.

People who lean right generally don't give two goddamns about anyone outside their immediate circle. They're narcissistic and self-absorbed by nature. It's the way they're wired.

So....when folks who lean left express generic concern about social issues, the right immediately assume we're talking about our own personal issues.

As evidenced by this thread. Most, if not all of us, are educated and financially secure. But because we express concern for the less privileged, we're suddenly brokebois.

i don’t have much info on this
just an example

i remembered when minorities in the city weren’t getting positions within the FDNY

some minorities weren’t making it in the specialized high schools in NY

bro please tell me yall heard the track, someone needa ship ye to the closest mental asylum

You don’t think being surrounded by and adapting to poverty and crime shapes and influences peopeles ambitions vs growing up in the burbs middle class?

from a perspective stand point? sure. but i could make da same case about da weather growing up in a cold city vs a tropical climate can change ur ambition. being in da burbs don't give you a leg up from da city IMO.

from a perspective stand point? sure. but i could make da same case about da weather growing up in a cold city vs a tropical climate can change ur ambition. being in da burbs don't give you a leg up from da city IMO.

My post was about conditions, not location.

not really, especially if i gotta wait for people to die to see it...

I'm not sure if this is a serious answer or just trolling . People are our here growing up without their parents due to institutional racism and don't have the ability to stay at home with their parents and save money for Jesus pieces. Then they are facing more discrimination in housing, the workplace, criminal, justice, etc.

I'm not sure if this is a serious answer or just trolling . People are our here growing up without their parents due to institutional racism and don't have the ability to stay at home with their parents and save money for Jesus pieces. Then they are facing more discrimination in housing, the workplace, criminal, justice, etc.

conversely there's people like..

who are my color, and born into wealth...so don't see me complaining..play da hand you're delt.

Back
Top Bottom