Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Was what Kanye said really that different than the Killmonger line that got so much praise? Think about it:

400 years? That sound like a choice...

Vs.

Death is better than bondage

I'm not asking if anyone agrees with the sentiment(s). I'm simply asking of those 2 trains of thought are on completely different tracks.

Reminded me of that Chris Rock joint, where he said that a ***** had to be known to live among anonymous doctors and lawyers.

Chris Rock made the joke, then research backed him up...

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/...ack-families-in-low-income-neighborhoods.html

Some black folk gotta learn that whiteness is a tangible asset to the white community, especially affluent white people. Sure your money can buy some of the benefits that come with whiteness, but you will never become a majority shareholder. At best, they will view a rich black dude as equal to what they consider the worst in their community.

How can Kanye talk about how we should all love each other when he aligns himself with someone like Trump....that **** is willllddd

The idea he presents means he would even love Jeffery Dahmer if he had murdered and eaten one of Yeezy' family or friends.
It's a philosophical statement.
Like, if someone tried to murder you but you survived - you would forgive them and love them as everything is one.

Not always a practical philosophy as it is not always reciprocated. It's a dog eat dog world.
Really a huge problem.

He shoulda called Dave Chappelle or Mos Def for advice. Not stan for the Bigot in Chief.

It’s people trying to let him get away with doing that. He has to got the most extreme.

Tbh this is me giving him the benefit of the doubt. I always thought Kanye was a penis.

This mf got the innanets goin nuts.

I dont doubt for one second that he actually believes in this MAGA rhetoric, but using those beliefs as a promo tool is gonna turn out to be genius once the numbers come in.

Pretty sure tmz is gonna release more footage of dude in the next couple of days too.

A good amount of people that turned anti-ye in the last week or so are still gonna check for the album regardless of contrasting views. Its become too big of a deal not too. This **** is gonna be a F’n event. Lol

As for the "What about black on black crime" argument brought up in cases of racism/police brutality, let's take a look and how each side is dealing with the problem as far as positive progress.

"Black on Black crime"
  • Community activism and awareness
  • The affected getting involved in local politics to help make change
  • Marches
  • vigils
  • protests
  • mentorship programs
  • after school programs
  • job programs
  • education programs
  • scholarships
Police Brutality/racism

So if the question is what about black on black crime, looks like folks are hard at work to me. Now what about the murder of innocent black men and more at the hands of the police? seems like it's empty because it's either swept under the rug or misdirected as an attack on the police, ie "blue lives matter".

The idea he presents means he would even love Jeffery Dahmer if he had murdered and eaten one of Yeezy' family or friends.
It's a philosophical statement.
Like, if someone tried to murder you but you survived - you would forgive them and love them as everything is one.

Not always a practical philosophy as it is not always reciprocated. It's a dog eat dog world.
Really a huge problem.

But he slanders Obama right before professing his love for Trump. It's not as benign and he's not as Dalai Lama like as you're making it seem.

He's gotten caught up in the Alt-Right talking points. You can see those talking points that he's been fed spill out in a lot of interviews that he's had. In the TMZ video he's literally talking about businesses and regulations before he catches himself and says "Candace can talk better about it."

Chris Rock made the joke, then research backed him up...

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/...ack-families-in-low-income-neighborhoods.html

Some black folk gotta learn that whiteness is a tangible asset to the white community, especially affluent white people. Sure your money can buy some of the benefits that come with whiteness, but you will never become a majority shareholder. At best, they will view a rich black dude as equal to what they consider the worst in their community.
I live in a neighborhood where there are NO black people anywhere, and funny enough all these white folks got "all are welcome here" signs......

no one called him such things till he ran as a republican, thats just plain facts.

Black people didn't care about Donald Trump prior. He was like Vince McMahon, he promoted himself.

but plenty of black people in New York were well aware of his attacks and personal vendetta against the Central Park 5.

Black people didn't care about Donald Trump prior. He was like Vince McMahon, he promoted himself.

but plenty of black people in New York were well aware of his attacks and personal vendetta against the Central Park 5.
this is facts, I remember still being a kid my mother schooling me on the central park 5. He tried to give them boys the chair too smh

Was what Kanye said really that different than the Killmonger line that got so much praise? Think about it:

400 years? That sound like a choice...

Vs.

Death is better than bondage

I'm not asking if anyone agrees with the sentiment(s). I'm simply asking of those 2 trains of thought are on completely different tracks.
People like you can not comprehend white supremacy because you can't think in systems. Everything is on the margin, and on an individual level when it comes to racism. That way defending racism, bigotry, and white supremacy becomes easy for you.

So because a slave doesn't choose death over bondage they then become complicit in that bondage? That because they didn't choose to end their life, or risk death they now share the blame for the plundering of their homeland and body.

Black slaves didn't choose for slave ships to come to Africa

Black slaves didn't choose for a profit motive to be created so the plunder of black bodies was seen as an economic opportunity

Black slaves didn't choose for them to be sold like property

Black slaves didn't choose for America and the deep south to be overly dependent on a certain crop to gain economic power over the rest of the world

Black slaves didn't choose to build the infrastructure that allowed slavery to go on.

Black slaves didn't choose to peddle trash race science, trash religious interruptions, or a trash culture that justified keeping a group of people in bondage

Black slaves didn't choose to keep this disgusting institution in place long after the economic forces that put in place were no longer there

Black slaves didn't choose the institution of slavery

A black slave at most chooses on the margin whether to end his life, risk his/her life and the life of the people he loves most for freedom, or being bondage.

Some chose death, some risk their lives, many died, some didn't, but I am not the type of morally bankrupt piece of **** that sits back over a hundred years in the future and tries to victim blame these people for not killing themselves.

But you go right ahead. Maybe you could even make a struggle rap song about it too, Ye might be willing to produce.

Last edited:

everyone thought those kids were guilty, black & white (central park on da 80's b)..da spin people puttin on da story now basically a retconned.

Trump just da only dude who jumped out da window and took a ad out to be extra wit it.

Back
Top Bottom