Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

I find myself turning the station when his old songs come on. I'm def not about to listen to his new ****. I don't think he can ever recover from this **** with me.

Album definitely sucks but his last couple joints have been garbage so it’s not surprising.

Will still give the Cudi album a chance

Came here to say I told y'all. I was telling y'all his behaviour is explained by bipolar disorder and how y'all are taking the things he said too much to heart. He is not in the right state of mind during manic episodes. Educate yourselves on this disorder.

Here's my problem...where are the people close to him that actually want him to get some help?

I read a book on the fall of Enron a few years back. Part of the (many) problem(s) was that the higher-ups at the company didn't have anyone to play devil's advocate or try to look at things from a different perspective. It was pretty much agreeing with everything they said. They were surrounded by yes-men...you can't have this and be a successfully-run business.

I kinda parallel this to what Kanye is going through. He's in a bubble. That bubble is enabled by the people he has around him. While he may actually have a mental illness, I have yet to see anyone (close family, friends, etc.) call him out on his BS. What he's saying and doing is damaging and NOT OK.

He has an album release party in Wyoming, and he flies out people he hand-picks. There is not an objective soul in that environment. The early returns on the album were what you expected from those "critics." This all goes back to that Kanye bubble he's living in. He's completely disconnected from anything in reality. It's sad to see the ship sinking like this.

Here's my problem...where are the people close to him that actually want him to get some help?

I read a book on the fall of Enron a few years back. Part of the (many) problem(s) was that the higher-ups at the company didn't have anyone to play devil's advocate or try to look at things from a different perspective. It was pretty much agreeing with everything they said. They were surrounded by yes-men...you can't have this and be a successfully-run business.

I kinda parallel this to what Kanye is going through. He's in a bubble. That bubble is enabled by the people he has around him. While he may actually have a mental illness, I have yet to see anyone (close family, friends, etc.) call him out on his BS. What he's saying and doing is damaging and NOT OK.

He has an album release party in Wyoming, and he flies out people he hand-picks. There is not an objective soul in that environment. The early returns on the album were what you expected from those "critics." This all goes back to that Kanye bubble he's living in. He's completely disconnected from anything in reality. It's sad to see the ship sinking like this.
John Legend has tried calling him out. He's close to his family. At the end of the day it's his choice who he wants around him to be the voice of reason. Dude doesn't care about opinions of people who have accomplished less than him. He's all about his status.

This is partially true. I think Kanye also doesn't feel the need to listen to anyone unless it's a rich white man. People around him or used to be around have also said that they've tried to talk to him about certain things and he's not listening. He thinks he's above everyone so he's not someone you can really get through to.

a healthcare professional said to me years ago his mother was the one to say to him:

(after signs of whatever) “Kanye i think you need to take one of your yellow pills...”

once his mom died he no longer had that person that KNOWS him to keep him balanced

Y'all don't know who is saying what to him behind the scenes tho... And the people who are... Why broadcast that tho if you are. Why blast someone publicly on a mental health issue... Not everything needs to be sent out to us..
As far as who he has around him at certain moments... Yea you're releasing an album why bring anything but yes man...
Why is that a bad thing.
If I have a birthday party I only want loved ones or people who will celebrate me to come.

Y'all don't know who is saying what to him behind the scenes tho... And the people who are... Why broadcast that tho if you are. Why blast someone publicly on a mental health issue... Not everything needs to be sent out to us..
As far as who he has around him at certain moments... Yea you're releasing an album why bring anything but yes man...
Why is that a bad thing.
If I have a birthday party I only want loved ones or people who will celebrate me to come.

Do you realize how dangerous smoking is..?

all you need to know about kim is that when kanye started spewing alt-right talking points her response was "we're gonna lose it all"
She checked him . What are you talking about. She was on her Twitter playing clean up and he mentioned on tmz I think how she called him and set him straight

Yikes is the best song out the album, but I think DAYTONA was a better album for sure.

I can bump every song without skipping, which is what you'd expect for only 7 songs.

By the way, big CONGRATS to 070 Shake, she's on 2 Kanye Tracks and 1 Pusha T.

She got signed to GOOD music, and she's from my hometown back in Jersey.

Only 20 and making moves, she's gonna be big in a few years.

https://www.instagram.com/070shake/?hl=en

trolled you so he could have something to rap about
This appears to be the case as he admitted he scrapped the album he had before the TMZ spaz.

I wanna hear that album...T.I. and CThaGod gave it high praise.

Yikes is the best song out the album, but I think DAYTONA was a better album for sure.

I can bump every song without skipping, which is what you'd expect for only 7 songs.

By the way, big CONGRATS to 070 Shake, she's on 2 Kanye Tracks and 1 Pusha T.

She got signed to GOOD music, and she's from my hometown back in Jersey.

Only 20 and making moves, she's gonna be big in a few years.

https://www.instagram.com/070shake/?hl=en
I keep seeing people say Yikes is the best song but I have no idea why. Is it the bars? Is it because it's the most classic attempt at a Hip Hop/Rap track?

Cuz Ghost Town is easily...EASILY NOT EVEN CLOSE...the best song on the album...just not a rap track.

I keep seeing people say Yikes is the best song but I have no idea why. Is it the bars? Is it because it's the most classic attempt at a Hip Hop/Rap track?

Cuz Ghost Town is easily...EASILY NOT EVEN CLOSE...the best song on the album...just not a rap track.

ghost town is an amazing song to me my favorite song on Ye, but i also listen to green day, evanescence, linkin park, papa roach, nsync, backstreet boys, good charlotte, blink 182, maroon 5, etc. and i feel like if ppl don't like any of those bands that i just named, then they wouldn't like this song, or this type of music.... in other words, i would understand why someone wouldn't like this song. to the ppl who do listen to alternative stuff, they probably LOVE this song.

Kanye is a koon for the Trump support But how is the slavery was choice line any different than Killmongers last words in Black Panther?

Kanye is a koon for the Trump support But how is the slavery was choice line any different than Killmongers last words in Black Panther?
So your saying all of the slaves should have committed suicide like Killmonger said in the movie. That was their choice.

They DID fight back now, don't try to rational Kanyes nonsense

Ghost town gives me the ultralight beam. Feels. What's not to love about it. My second fav is all mine..

If you are referring to him turning down the medical help and choosing to die....

Because Kanye said that for it to go on that long, it must have been a choice. He is speaking on the entire institution, as a whole. So there is an implication that he is blaming the victims of slacery for allowing it to continue for so long.

Killmonger is speaking an individual decision. Bondage or death. That they are two bad choices but death is better than bondage in his view. In that moment he does not criticize the ones that chose not to kill themselves, nor does he place blame on them for their bondage.

Killmonger does not present the failure of balck people to comment mass suicide as a reason for slavery going on for so long. But Kanye argues that black people so called attitudes at the time as what allowed slavery to go long as long as it did.

when kanye said slavery 400 years i think he didn't mean the actual slavery period lol i think he meant that it's STILL going on (that's why he says 400, cuz "slavery" didn't last 400 years), and that it's a choice that we continue to be enslaved now. directly after saying that, he says "forget about slavery, because when we think slavery, we think black people, when we think holocaust, we think jews, so lets say imprisonment, we are prisoners-" but then he gets cut off. i think he meant to say that right now it's still a choice, and that we haven't learn from history or the past to break free.

Back
Top Bottom