Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

what about marches for black on black crime/Chicago bull****
When I used to live in Chicago, every so often I would see those post-murder memorials and marches. The only thing missing was camera crews.

They don't want to see it. It is easy to say "what about black on black crime" when you can't even conceive that people in black neighborhoods care about reducing all types of violence. It is easier to dehumanize their entire communities.

All I want to know is, where is that choice Kanye said Black people made to be criminals and perennial wardens of the state? Because in light of the evidence, the choice to keep Black people emprisoned was made for them by the powers that be.

1) he isnt talking about black people 2) he tried to take back the word slavery in what he said for this reason, because when we think 'slavery' we think he's talking about black ppl, so he tries to say "i like the word imprisonment because then it's inclusive to all of us (all humans)" 3) an example he gives of a 'choice' to continue being 'enslaved' is ebro not letting Candace go up on Hot97 on his show to give her viewpoint so they can talk about the subject, instead Ebro will only talk from his perspective.

4) i believe the wordchoice of him trying to use slavery as a metaphor for what he's talking about is poor, but for the current "enslavement"/"imprisonment" that he's talking about, i do not think he's talking about black people being baited or trapped into comitting crimes. rather, i think he's talking about ppl in general choosing not to hear the other side and being trapped into the ideology they're subscribed to. that's my interpretation of that segment from the full 30 min TMZ clip, but im not him, so i'll never know what he truly meant, and maybe im entirely wrong with how i deciphered it.

5) the real problem i had with what Kanye said was afterwards:

Yeah the thing he said about "when whites kill blacks, we march out, but when blacks kill blacks, u don't hear a word of it" is absolutely wrong, and Van Lathen replied with the correct information, "They do, but it does not receive the publicity." And I hope that rebuttal hit Kanye and made him understand that reality.

for him to think that there's only marches and protests only when police or white ppl kill blacks, and none being had any other time, is completely FALSE... and of course this clip isnt in the 2minute "trailer" TMZ put out Smfh

Chill B.
Cudi is a vibe. If you looking for a hot song, Cudi is not the one, his music is about feeling a different energy space. If you know, you know. I will concede that he will never top the Man on the Moon albums.

Cudi is one of the best artist over the last 10 years. His music ain't for everybody though. If you get it, you get. Not everybody catches the wizardry.

Issa Rae? Nah

She didn't say that. She said something like since black women and Asian men are treated as the most undesirable they should partner up.

Unless I missed when she said that first thing.

Look at her FULL quote on that. **** was a mess. :lol:

]Look at her FULL quote on that. **** was a mess. :lol:
I just reread the full page of the book (don't know where else there's more) and she list how black women are viewed negatively, then Asian men, takes a few shots at black men and then proposes what I said before.

Other than the shot at Filipinos I must still be missing something.

Last edited:
I just reread the full page of the book (don't know where else there's more) and she list how black women are viewed negatively, then Asian man, takes a few shots at black men and then proposes what I said before.

Other than the shot at Filipinos I must still be missing something.
"Educated black women, what better intellectual match for you than an Asian man?"

but im guessing she's using a comedic tone in her book.. like a stand-up but in text version instead of live audience

"Educated black women, what better intellectual match for you than an Asian man?"

but im guessing she's using a comedic tone in her book.. like a stand-up but in text version instead of live audience
Gotta read what comes before that question.

She sets up her argument by first stating the lay of the land for black women and Asian men.

Kanye West's entire album hits the Top 40

So much for fans abandoning Kanye West's latest project.

All seven tracks on the controversial rapper's "Ye" album debuted on Billboard's Top 40 chart this week.
The song "Yikes" came in the highest, charting at No. 8 on the Top 10.

"All Mine" just missed that list, coming in at No. 11. "Ghost Town" debuted at No. 16, "Wouldn't Leave" at No. 25, "Violent Crimes" at No. 27, "I Thought About Killing You" at No. 28, and "No Mistakes" at No. 36. Kanye West's most controversial lyrics on 'Ye'

The album debuted in the top spot on the Billboard 200 chart -- West's eighth consecutive to do so, which ties him with Eminem and The Beatles for the longest streak of No. 1 albums.

tumblr_osiw1o7fql1rq9ihbo1_400.gif

Does that list go off of buys or streams/listens? If it's the latter than I get it. I gave it a once over for free and decided it was hot garbage as a hole.

I downloaded it... but it didn't contribute to that number. Anyway I think it's a mediocre album. Pusha and Cudi's albums are both better. Nas' album better top them all easily, and be over 7 tracks if he wants my monies.

Anyone listen to Nas new release? I swear there must be two Kanye's out there. Face and heel version.

Last edited:
Need to only look at the audience and see who Kanye & Virgil are pandering too. He could care less about the 7-8 real ones in this thread that boycott his trash. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom