KD 11

why does nike use clear soles for everything man solid is much better
Because clear soles are less durable. Less durability + eventual yellowing = having to buy another pair in the future. It's a really cheap money grab and it's unfortunate. Icy soles used to only be on special pairs, but now they're on damn near everything

Because clear soles are less durable. Less durability + eventual yellowing = having to buy another pair in the future. It's a really cheap money grab and it's unfortunate. Icy soles used to only be on special pairs, but now they're on damn near everything

That is the line of thinking I have come around to as well. But on the WNBA player exclusive seen in this thread, most player exclusive Jordan 31's and 32's (Maya Moore, Jeff Green, and Mike Conley to name a few examples) and most of LeBron's (Diana Taurasi’s as well) 15's, they are all solid outsoles. But the public gets the clear soles that have terrible traction and yellow eventually.

Last edited:
It's hilarious sometimes because translucent rubber doesn't have to suck. Nike's just normally sucks, but their excuse is to "showcase the technology."

The stuff they use on Reebok Questions is beastly translucent rubber.

No they don't lol wtf. Less durable, picks up dust, and yellows.

Ummm I'm not sure what level you play at or how often but the yellowing actually helps.

The oxidation adds a little bit of traction and protection to the sole...non translucent soles will have u moonwalking on a dusty indoor court after a while

Ummm I'm not sure what level you play at or how often but the yellowing actually helps.

The oxidation adds a little bit of traction and protection to the sole...non translucent soles will have u moonwalking on a dusty indoor court after a while

Another quick Pro tip for noobs:
If you let the netting on your 5s yellow, the oxidation will help you cut through the air more efficiently, helping you to run faster and jump higher while offering an added layer of protection against lesser retros, all the way up to a collision with some foamposites

I'm not sure I'm gonna cop the Eybls right now..still on the fence..if they end up on discount then I might..

I like the multi's and oreos so far..

Based on his review it sounds like one of the worst signature shoes (performance wise) of the year.

I started balling the in the KDs at the 9 and have enjoyed them for the most part. The 9 was great and the 10 has a couple drawbacks but over all I felt it was a solid performer.

As for the 11, I ordered a size 10/10.5 to
Make sure I can get the sizing and the snuggest fit possible. The other pair will be sent back.

I’m looking forward to this shoe but based on what Nightwing says it should perform horribly for me....

I’m 6’2” 195 pounds. Shooting guard/Slasher so I should put a lot more torque on the shoe that he can (spot up shooter....).

Eh.... clear soles really go with everything and for the most part look the best. Not saying you’re wrong, I’m just saying for a design part it’s an easy choice

Back
Top Bottom