KD 11

Are we really supposed to take a man who is wearing a POWER RANGER shirt seriously??

Dude collects Power Ranger, Batman and Ninja Turtle action figures. He is no more than the mascot for Neck-beard, basement dwelling, non-factors. I can't take any of his reviews seriously anymore after the whole Under Armor/ Brand Black endorsement fiasco that he and his cronies tried to cover up. Luckily, they couldn't cover up screenshots and the receipts.

Nightwing said a lot of the same things about containment on the KD 10's... I didn't have those issues.

Hopefully the peach jams sit especially with the React 87 dropping this weekend

I had issues with side to side stability and containment in the 10s and was hoping Nike would fix both on the 11s. Does not sound like they did. I’m still going to get a pair to try out for myself even though I’m not very optimistic.

Based on his review it sounds like one of the worst signature shoes (performance wise) of the year.

I started balling the in the KDs at the 9 and have enjoyed them for the most part. The 9 was great and the 10 has a couple drawbacks but over all I felt it was a solid performer.

As for the 11, I ordered a size 10/10.5 to
Make sure I can get the sizing and the snuggest fit possible. The other pair will be sent back.

I’m looking forward to this shoe but based on what Nightwing says it should perform horribly for me....

I’m 6’2” 195 pounds. Shooting guard/Slasher so I should put a lot more torque on the shoe that he can (spot up shooter....).
-
Curious? have you met NW or played with him?

I had the KD 10's, how's the traction better on the 11's when I had no issue with the 10's? :blush:

I did have containment issues which is why I no longer have the shoes. On hard cuts my foot moved and due to the lacing system they never felt tight\secure.

I'll wait for more reviews on the 11's but it's not looking good.

This sounds like an example where a signature players preferences don't align with the majority of the public.

Per the official Nike site: https://news.nike.com/news/kevin-durant-kd11, this shoe hits everything he asked for. I have no idea how he plays the way he does in essentially a sock but it works for him. For me and most of the public, we need more support. It would be great but very unlikely for Nike to release a "takedown" version of this with a different upper.

Knit b-ball shoes have got to stop. The best ones have a material under it anyway rendering the actual knit useless other than ascetics.

We know Kd likes his shoes broken in and heavily worn in. And minimal.

He wore the WTKd’s all playoff run and said he has one pair he wears for everything. Practice, shoot around, games. He likes the minimal feel that not everyone could even wear safely.

if it doesnt fold in half like a napkin and pop off your foot 3 times a game, i guess kd doesnt want it.

After the second time i found myself sock walkin tha hard wood :nerd: i would have demanded leo chang get fired.

75E06825-D235-4165-A63A-4019DB415BFC.jpeg

I saw this snake yesterday on my way home it started moving and I was like yep that's how Durant moved to GSW.

Last edited:
Are we really supposed to take a man who is wearing a POWER RANGER shirt seriously??

Dude collects Power Ranger, Batman and Ninja Turtle action figures. He is no more than the mascot for Neck-beard, basement dwelling, non-factors. I can't take any of his reviews seriously anymore after the whole Under Armor/ Brand Black endorsement fiasco that he and his cronies tried to cover up. Luckily, they couldn't cover up screenshots and the receipts.

Nightwing said a lot of the same things about containment on the KD 10's... I didn't have those issues.

so because he collects action figures he cant know about sports, and sporting equipment?

so because he collects action figures he cant know about sports, and sporting equipment?
I think that because he accepts checks and presents from major brands and retailers, that carry the product that he reviews, it absolutely disqualifies him and his crew from making objective content.
Statements like " this is unacceptable trash that should never touch your feet",quickly turn to " lock down wasn't the greatest but if you're into a free flowing fit, you might wanna try these bad boys out"
All these guys got bought out to throw softballs

Last edited:
People come for nightwing's neck everytime he gives a negative review to a nike basketball shoe, it's funny

all that aside, he's not the only person to complain about the lateral containment and traction on the KD 11. One of the early chinese reviews posted in this thread echoes the exact same complaints.

I think that because he accepts checks and presents from major brands and retailers, that carry the product that he reviews, it absolutely disqualifies him and his crew from making objective content.
Statements like " this is unacceptable trash that should never touch your feet"...quickly turn to " lock down wasn't the greatest but if you're into a free flowing fit, you might wanna try these bad boys out"
All these guys got bought out to throw softballs

thats perfectly fine then, and I completely agree with that. You just lost me when you went off on the power rangers/batman/toy thing :lol:

NW gets unnecessary flack and it's pretty much how people want to translate what he says

he obviously isn't going to flat out say to stay away from a product because everyone's feet are different and how people like their shoes to fit varies from person to person

like he got so many hate when he said he didn't want to do a Curry 5 review the first time because it literally sliced up his feet and people are like "UA paid you so you don't want to review them now because it's a bad review" when the way I see it, after seeing those cuts on his feet and not wanting to further play ball in the shoes shows the shoe in a much more negative way than if he was able to play int eh shoes a couple more weeks and tell people how bad it is

dude already said it cut his feet badly and the shoes was so bad he doesn't want to play ball in them anymore but people went after his head because they saw that as an endorsement for people to buy Curry 5s anyways :lol:

people also takes these reviews too seriously, i watch it for the tech description because sometimes brands withhold those info from the public and to give me an idea if i want to try the shoe or if it would suit me, mainly if it's cushioned enough for his old knees then chances are it'll be cushioned enough for my old knees as well and then go from there

thats perfectly fine then, and I completely agree with that. You just lost me when you went off on the power rangers/batman/toy thing :lol:

i didnt say anything about the toy thing.
I agree that such hobby has zero impact on someone's ability to rate a basketball product. Now if his hobby happened to be huffing paint or dancing on Crystal meth, things would be different.

-
Curious? have you met NW or played with him?

Curious... does he share ad revenue from his Youtube channel or the actual weartesters website with you?

We know you are incapable of being objective about Nightwing, STANLEY.

No. The Power Ranger obsession is just a sign that he's a clown.

He's biased and is paid by Under Armour, Brand Black and Eastbay.

That's why his opinions should not be taken as gospel.

Back
Top Bottom