KD is killing the summer circuit. Vol. Rucker Park

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by jcbacall

kobe scored 81 on NBA players. lol
Enh, somewhat of a stretch. That Raptors team was nowhere near an NBA squad....
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
I was thinking the same thing Q... that squad was slightly above the talent that you see in a competitive league, I'm sure there teams in the Goodman/Drew league that could've went out there and played well against that Toronto squad.... Hell there are a few CBB squads in recent memory that would've have blown them out if
laugh.gif
Stop. Kobe has also scored 60+ against various NBA teams.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
I was thinking the same thing Q... that squad was slightly above the talent that you see in a competitive league, I'm sure there teams in the Goodman/Drew league that could've went out there and played well against that Toronto squad.... Hell there are a few CBB squads in recent memory that would've have blown them out if
laugh.gif
Stop. Kobe has also scored 60+ against various NBA teams.

Including 63 in 3 qtrs v Dallas which was more impressive than the 81 but people always point to the 81 to credit his ability even tho it came against a d league team minus Jalen Rose

i hope this crushes some people's delusions that they think they could have made it the league easy if it wasn't for [input excuse here]

Originally Posted by Put em up

fearthenut wrote:
Do they provide knee pads at the games?

dude relax, you seem to take life a little too serious or you just come off that dry and square.

they are 14 and 15 yr old kids, watching Durant play live basketball for free.

its not like its grown men storming the court hugging him.

Is this sarcastic? Because there was in fact grown men jumping up and down, storming the court mid-way through the game to hug on him. Same thing happened with that summer league he was in where he through it off the glass to himself.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

fearthenut wrote:
Do they provide knee pads at the games?

dude relax, you seem to take life a little too serious or you just come off that dry and square.

Is this sarcastic? Because there was in fact grown men jumping up and down, storming the court mid-way through the game to hug on him. Same thing happened with that summer league he was in where he through it off the glass to himself.
While my first comment was clearly sarcastic, I really would like an explanation for this phenomenon in mostly urban settings.

Why is it necessary to interrupt the game and literally storm the court? Do people feel the need to be seen or make something bigger than it was? I honestly don't understand. To me it'd be annoying and begs the question "Why are people doing this?".

And I'm not trying to stir the pot, honestly, but this is the god honest truth; for as many times this happens, 9.9/10 seem to be completely comprised of blacks. Why is that?

Originally Posted by jcbacall

kobe scored 81 on NBA players. lol
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That Raptors squad still had Chris Bosh, ended the season with two 20+ ppg scorers, had Mo-Pete, an old Jalen Rose, and a rookie Charlie Villanueva. Plus they made the playoffs the following year. They may be bottom dwellers in the NBA but let's no kid ourselves: they could handle anyone else.

Its basketball you acting like its NFL players vs The Patti Labelle league

Him scoring 66 is impressive period especially when its mostly jumpers dude wasnt posting up little kids
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jusdre86

i hope this crushes some people's delusions that they think they could have made it the league easy if it wasn't for [input excuse here]
Sasha Vujacic and Kwame Brown would like to have a word with you

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Its funny how you dudes try so hard to hate on any thing "hood" on here. Pro NBA player comes to the hood to play basketball and yall sound salty? Go figure.

I hope you aint talking about me? Cause that playground stuff is dead. DRose aint played on one in like 10-15 years. There are no runs outside anymore in Chicago, cause dudes are reckless. I aint tripping on the Drew league but going half speed in any setting doesnt help you, but maybe thats why Durant's skill level has not improved since year 2.
grin.gif
Hooping on outdoor courts made half these dudes in the league millionaires.

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

its time for NIKE to push KD more than LBJ

not happening, they didn't give LeBron 120Mill for no reason.. and LeBron sneakers sell way more and they're damn near double the price.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Its funny how you dudes try so hard to hate on any thing "hood" on here. Pro NBA player comes to the hood to play basketball and yall sound salty? Go figure.

I hope you aint talking about me? Cause that playground stuff is dead. DRose aint played on one in like 10-15 years. There are no runs outside anymore in Chicago, cause dudes are reckless. I aint tripping on the Drew league but going half speed in any setting doesnt help you, but maybe thats why Durant's skill level has not improved since year 2.

grin.gif
 aite Skip Bayless.

they had a topic about guys like you on First Down today. basically cats who never made it past their local junior college in ball, but talk like they are getting a check from a NBA/NFL team to scout and break down a players game.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

The fact that John Lucas III dropped 60 should let you know that The Machine and Kwame would probably have a field day playing at the Rucker or at the Dyckman. 

Originally Posted by woody2626

Brandon Jennings and Jay Williams are playing in the NC Pro Am thursday night.

eek.gif
Wish they would get highlight videos of older vet guys like this too, but BJ should dismantle the competition like always.

NC Pro Am seems to be the most competitive out of all these summer leagues...  Maybe I'm wrong though.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by Buc Em

While my first comment was clearly sarcastic, I really would like an explanation for this phenomenon in mostly urban settings.

Why is it necessary to interrupt the game and literally storm the court? Do people feel the need to be seen or make something bigger than it was? I honestly don't understand. To me it'd be annoying and begs the question "Why are people doing this?".

And I'm not trying to stir the pot, honestly, but this is the god honest truth; for as many times this happens, 9.9/10 seem to be completely comprised of blacks. Why is that?

The man makes a good point

Originally Posted by rashi

I'm already impressed what he does on the court playing in the NBA. Playing street ball game against F+ talent and dropping 66 doesn't impress me, sorry.

He's 6'10 and I don't remember seeing anyone over 6'6" trying to guard him. Try shooting jumpers over someone 4+ inches shorter than you.
I guess every elite NBA player must pass the "rucker test". From the video, didn't seem like the comp was too stiff.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

The fact that John Lucas III dropped 60 should let you know that The Machine and Kwame would probably have a field day playing at the Rucker or at the Dyckman. 
I agree..

There's an old Slam magazine article (around 2001, I think?) where Kenny Smith basically said the same thing; that any NBA player will kill at a streetball game.  This thread has me trying to find it, but he talked about playing at the Rucker (I think) once , going half speed until some guy starts woofin at him.  Then he dropped 32...in the first half
laugh.gif
.  He ends the article by using Steve Kerr as an example; that he'd probably do damage too.

If you think nba players wouldn't get buckets at this legue, you dead wrong. I remember last year at Nike Pro city, that bum Danny Green was killing dudes and he cant even make a roster anywhere. I remember hearing Royal Ivey dropped like 30 one year.

Back
Top Bottom