KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

i highly doubt if you remove the aftermath co-sign no one would rock with him... Shyne is clearly trollin or he really did have all his brain cells mashed out in jail

i played sing about me/dying of thirst for my coworker & he had the :wow: face the entire time.... rap isnt even his tempo he likes alternative stuff... by the time dying of thirst was done he was/is a fan... pretty sure hes planning to go buy the album after wk

Last edited:
No one cares what Shyne thinks. He ain't eating
laugh.gif

was smoking to the album last night...could you imagine Nate Dogg doing the hook on "Sing About Me"?

but the album is the day in the life...that's the girl he was dealing w/ at the time who set him up and eventually got his patna killed. he only has the first song about her, the skit where he gets jumped, and Poetic Justice...she plays a major role in the story.

he mentions her one more time real quick on money trees... "i ****** sharane and went to tell my bros" but yea its all fitting in with the story... picture craig tryin to juggle 5 chicks in friday :lol:

its a short film b... consistency...

After second listen, I give it a B+...I think most of it is because of production. Lyrically hes still not AS good as people proclaim him as, but I think its more his package as an artist that draw people in. He's not AS gimmicky as a lot of whats out right now. He has the tendency to confuse that almost Eminem-esque ability to OVERrap as the equivalent of "killing" things instead of packing his lyrics with actual meaningful things. When its not something about his actual life, hes not too different from mainstream artists when it comes to actual song content. 

Last edited:
Shyne spoke when he shouldn't have, in a day and age where its cool to be the one who is different. I have as a veteran, he should of let that young man get his shine. NO point intended.

And for the record, that jail ablum was trash, the sound quailty was trash.

After second listen, I give it a B+...I think most of it is because of production. Lyrically hes still not AS good as people proclaim him as, but I think its more his package as an artist that draw people in. He's not AS gimmicky as a lot of whats out right now. He has the tendency to confuse that almost Eminem-esque ability to OVERrap as the equivalent of "killing" things instead of packing his lyrics with actual meaningful things. When its not something about his actual life, hes not too different from mainstream artists when it comes to actual song content. 

Onto more positive news, first week sales are actually projected between 225k - 240k. In a year that Ross did 218k and 2 Chainz 147k, it shows that you don't have to be the hottest rapper to sell records. Quality music and a loyal fan base >>>>>

What are you're guys opinion based on these 3 categories? Very hard to choose 1 song for each. For me its....

Best lyrical song: Art of Peer Pressure
Best overall song: I'm Dying of Thirst + Money Trees
Song on repeat: Backseat Freestyle

Last edited:
What are you're guys opinion based on these 3 categories? Very hard to choose 1 song for each. For me its....
Those are very hard questions for me.

My song on repeat is ***** , dant kill my vibe

Best Lyrical Song: Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst ( It's one track so i'll put the two together,)

Best Overall Song: Money Trees/ BDKMV

Song on Repeat: Honestly, the whole album.

I removed all the skits and BS from the album. They definitely help tell the story but I feel like I'm watching a movie on TBS or USA.

Best lyrical - Money Trees w/ m.a.a.d city a close second
Best overall song - B Don't kill my vibe
Song on Repeat - B Dont Kill My Vibe

Can't really pick one favorite song but Money Trees, m.A.A.d city, Poetic Justice, and BDKMV get the most spins.

Love this album :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom