KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

What are you're guys opinion based on these 3 categories? Very hard to choose 1 song for each. For me its....
Best lyrical song: Art of Peer Pressure
Best overall song: I'm Dying of Thirst + Money Trees
Song on repeat: Backseat Freestyle
hmmmm lets see

best lyrical song: Good Kid.

Best overall song: Money Trees or BDKMV

Song on Repeat: Money Trees 
mean.gif

Did anybody else notice that in the booklet there's no typical "Thank you's" section? However, it does say "Thank You God and Family" at the bottom of the back of the booklet.

No, my opinion is just as worthless as yours, that's why you wont catch me in threads doing what you do.

You're the one who thinks he's special, bro.

When in reality you're a current and FutureNobody.

Don't even bother responding, because I'm not playing your little back and forth game any longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
When an artist sell merchandise, is that money for them or the label ?

I think it depends on the deal they sign. I believe some deals might require the label to receive a percentage of merchandise and others don't

its sad to see these youngins in my generation so hooked to listening to wayne/keef/(insert any other basic rapper thats hot on the radio) where there is no substance to any of the songs that they put out, but when they hear any of kendrick's music.. they literally have no idea how to listen for anything besides the voice + flow of the song and theyre just incapable of catching anything he's really saying lol

but on a different note....when beat drops on BDKMV 
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No, my opinion is just as worthless as yours, that's why you wont catch me in threads doing what you do.

You're the one who thinks he's special, bro.

When in reality you're a current and FutureNobody.
And that would be?...sharing my thoughts on an album?

Which leads me to wonder why YOU'RE here. 
roll.gif

Don't even bother responding, because I'm not playing your little back and forth game any longer.
While responding... 
roll.gif

I agree with EVERYTHING Bomani Jones said here. 

This dude says he wishes Kendrick was more like drake, whole argument is invalid now. I do agree that Kendrick is not currently a star, but to say he is boring is absurd to me. If you're the type of person who is not into lyricism and storytelling then yeah you are not going to like this album. However if you are into those things I think the album will definitely grab you quickly

After listening to Meek's album it made me appreciate GKMC even more. This dude Kendrick set the bar too damn high :lol: :pimp:

Yeah man i was anticipating Meek's album n dude could have seriously held off longer and made something more soild. I'm feeling his mixtapes n features more than that album, :smh:

And that would be?...sharing my thoughts on an album?

Which leads me to wonder why YOU'RE here. :rofl:

While responding... :rofl:
noooo he PROBABLY means going into threads of artists he doesn't like just to tell everyone who does like them why you don't and how you don't understand how they can.

I agree with EVERYTHING Bomani Jones said here. 

This dude says he wishes Kendrick was more like drake, whole argument is invalid now. I do agree that Kendrick is not currently a star, but to say he is boring is absurd to me. If you're the type of person who is not into lyricism and storytelling then yeah you are not going to like this album. However if you are into those things I think the album will definitely grab you quickly

This is my opinion. Music is almost 100% subjective. Some times you hear things and you like it....it just sounds good to you. So i can understand people saying he is boring eh no thanks. I think the same thing about Jay-z and get flamed all the time. I was just bored by his monotone flow. Just kinda put me to sleep so i never really got into him.

But that being said I almost tried to hate this album due to all the hype and just couldn't. I am very pleased and impressed with this purchase. Well done Kendrick

Back
Top Bottom