KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

Honestly I've been absorbing the album and I think this is best album of the year. Even the bangers have substance, the Backseat Freestyle concept being exactly that, some will think it gimmicky though. The Drake song was nice and Drake fit the tone of the song, better then putting him on Money Trees and have dude drop lines about something he's never done or been associated with.

The Recipe was and is my favorite song to come out this year. He actually exceeds my exceptions as I thought no song would better or on par but the album overall is on par. Even the MJB joint was bumping.

I need to go pick up a physical copy. Album deserves my money and is helping me get through a very tough time in life right now.

Shyne Po=FutureMD?

shyne.jpg

"cocain, weed
N's been mixing **** since the 80's loc
shermsticks, buttnaked
dips make a N flip
cluck heads up and down the block
One time crooked and ****"

:pimp:

ol school MC Eiht

"cocain, weed
N's been mixing **** since the 80's loc
shermsticks, buttnaked
dips make a N flip
cluck heads up and down the block
One time crooked and ****"
:pimp:
ol school MC Eiht
Literarlly started reading your post right when that part came on.

Eiht's verse makes me wanna pop someone out the window of a low rider.

Is Sherane the only girl he's had sex with?? He seems overly obsessed :lol:
but the album is the day in the life...that's the girl he was dealing w/ at the time who set him up and eventually got his patna killed. he only has the first song about her, the skit where he gets jumped, and Poetic Justice...she plays a major role in the story.

got all the bonus/"cutting room floor" joints. I just burned em all to a 2nd disc (nicknamed it GKMC "deleted scenes") & put it in the other tray of my deluxe copy for the whip. problem solved :D

Last edited:
This has an Outkast feel to it. I hear Southernplayalistic, ATLiens, and Aquemini through this, and that's NOT a bad thing.

what was his argument?
It seemed like there's an underlying message to what he was saying outside of his critique on his album. He's trying to say that a lot of people are mainly gassed because of the Aftermath co-sign, (which I think is true, same way nobody outside of maybe NT messed with Cole without the Roc Nation co-sign, not a lot of people would rock with TDE if they weren't on Aftermath) With that being said, he must not remember a thing about what a good album is suppose to sound like. How can you dislike something, and your only major gripe with it is "his beats are trash"? There is nothing like this album out in MUSIC, let alone rap. Shyne raised a semi-decent argument, but that critique is just erroneous.

what was his argument?
It seemed like there's an underlying message to what he was saying outside of his critique on his album. He's trying to say that a lot of people are mainly gassed because of the Aftermath co-sign, (which I think is true, same way nobody outside of maybe NT messed with Cole without the Roc Nation co-sign, not a lot of people would rock with TDE if they weren't on Aftermath) With that being said, he must not remember a thing about what a good album is suppose to sound like. How can you dislike something, and your only major gripe with it is "his beats are trash"? There is nothing like this album out in MUSIC, let alone rap. Shyne raised a semi-decent argument, but that critique is just erroneous.

that's the industry though.
A$ap is paying to get on the radio.

there have been PLENTY of Aftermath artists no one cares about.
Hitmen?
Bishop?
everyone on the 1st Chronic compliation.

Back
Top Bottom