KEVIN GATES is the future and the hardest rapper in years

Should I give this a chance? :emoji_thinking:

I’m very “meh” on gates. But he impressed me on Youngboy ****. Idk!

Same exact situation, didn’t **** with him cuz of the extra ****, heard him snapping on them 4 youngboy tracks and was impressed as well ....I listened to LB3 and it’s harddd I told my boy @$tacy i might be a fan now

brasi 3 is lacking the content this time around

the songs all sound good tho but it’s missing the emotion and real talk in it

lotta the flows were the same too

LB3 is hard. Cats bugging. :lol:

Flows, content, production, etc. It’s all there.

But like I said before, a damn feature wouldn’t have hurt either. :lol:

For me in this order

LB1
Islah
LB2
STF
LB3
By Any Means

Last edited:
DnVTLZUXgAAQaNc.jpg

y’all boys always do this lol

it’s solid, the flows are just more repetitive than previous projects, he’s known for different flows

he really hasn’t been the same since he’s had legal troubles

it’s just a slight step down, the emotion and tone just isn’t as raw pause

I'm cool with him not having features cause he's versatile enough, plus I wanted to see if one of his projects would truly resonate with me, and this is probably as good as it gets for me. On beats alone I think this is one of his better projects. There's more good production on here than his other stuff. Will keep quite a few of these in rotation.

Still, as long as I've heard of Gates, he still hasn't touched any of these songs

I’m not sure what y’all are listening to, but Wrong Love struck a nerve inside of me. Did Gates say Mozzy do you still love me at the beginning of the song? I’m not sure if he did. But that’s a trip if he did say that before the song starts. I bought the album strictly off of Wrong Love. I love that song, and the album is really good in my opinion.

That Find You Again track sounded so familiar. It took me the first 40 to 50 seconds and the light bulb went off in my brain. That sample is from an old Run DMC track, which was later sampled by Tela off of his first album in the 1990,s. I’m not sure if Run DMC sampled it from a earlier artist before them. But that was first time I ever heard it. Telas version is the best out of all 3 though, but Gates did it justice though.

Found out that he is talking about Mazi. Sorry for spelling his name incorrectly yesterday, no disrespect to the dead. I love that song. At the beginning of the song, he says Mazi do you love me, I’m about to show out for you.

He lost me on Mazi track tombout he’d let son smash his wife with him.

Gates that ***** but the ***** be saying some **** sometimes. :lol:

Last edited:
Some people think the 2nd verse is about Percy, while others think the entire song is about Mazi, who knows, nevertheless, it’s a really good song in my opinion. He should’ve at least made it a 3 verse song instead of just two in my opinion. Find You Again = Run DMC Rock Box = Tela Twisted.

Back
Top Bottom