Kevin Martin What Do Guys Think Of Him?

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

K Mart is the truth. an able defender, excellent scorer and clutch performer.

Sacramento ain't lettin that guy go anywhere he is a franchise player.
roll.gif
An excellent scorer, yes. An able defender? What gameshave you been watching? A franchise player?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

westcoastsfinest wrote:

put him on a run and gun team he could be a shawn marion

not even remotely the same kind of player. not even close, so so far off.

that is one of the worst player comparisons ive seen in a long long time.

martin's going to grab 10 + boards a game is he?
laugh.gif

dude is an able scorer, toiling away on an atrocious team.

send him to T dot.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
f'real. not even close. this dude stay posting nonsense
smh.gif

Originally Posted by swizzc

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

K Mart is the truth. an able defender, excellent scorer and clutch performer.

Sacramento ain't lettin that guy go anywhere he is a franchise player.
Coming from someone that has watched every one of his games. No, he is not a franchise player. He's a great 2nd option though. He needs a superstar to play with. He's just a 2nd tier star. NikeTalker23 summed it up pretty well.
Bingo, he's good but def not a franchise player, he just looks like one when he's surrounded by who he's surrounded by

i like him on my fantasy team because he generates great numbers on offense but that's about it.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

put him on a run and gun team he could be a shawn marion
Dude cannot finish on the break for crap. Defense needs some work also. I love his range and scoring ability. Drawing fouls is definitely hisspecialty. No where close to The Matrix.

As a Kings fan, it pisses me off that he doesn't produce in any other stats than scoring. He needs to rebound more and dish out a couple assists.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

He'd make for a good sidekick to someone like LeBron.
He's not a #1 but I think he'd be a super good #2.

ditto. Kevin is nice and I like him alot but he really needs to work on other aspects of his game if he ever wants to be a legit all star.

Not a franchise player. Does hold franchise label, thus any trade rumors involving him can only assume a return of some superstar (heads will roll if not).Honestly though, a good player on a badly coached team. The team isn't bad. Record-wise, we underperformed. But so many young pieces with so many differenthead coaches isn't helping their development. Stability needs to start from the top down, that includes this supposed leader. He can score and may get somevotes for all star reserve, but he'll never be top tier. I say this as a die-hard Kings fan. He ain't no scrub. Saying that means you don't watchbasketball. Which is fine. Not everyone is old enough to change the channel. I like him, but dammit if that contract and the label didn't make himcomplacent. He knows he's almost untouchable on this team, and he doesn't do much else. Take the offer from Christie and work on your damn defense man.And how about working on creating off the dribble instead of relying on the pumpfake. This guy gets off on whistles. I don't see any real leaders of theirteam try to take a foul on a game winning shot.

He's a great scorer, but his defense is suspect. At 6'7, he needs put on weight which is probably the reason why he's averaged 55 or so games thepast two years. He's listed at 185-190 pounds. He's not strong enough to handle some of the SG in the league. He would be great on a team with a D.Howard, Lebron, Kobe, etc. where he doesn't have to be the man.

being an able defender and choosing to play only offense are two totally different things.

before he got injured this past season early in the year I saw him playing the passing lanes and trying to be a leader on the floor.

i've watched damn near every kings game for the past three years. for two of em I was forced because of work.

if kmart had a better team he'd be stepping up even more. trust that. he's not a 2 tier star in my opinion he's the most overlooked star in the NBA

Back
Top Bottom