nerd.gif

LAN
as in lame !@* .........
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

How does KG not show heart on the court? How does he not show toughness? I guess getting defensive stops, being the defensive anchor for championship type squads. Always playing hard every damn night. How is that not toughness? Oh yea because he isn't a closer? Really? We are going to use that as a reason to say he doesn't back up his bark? Ok.
What is your definition of heart? What is your definition of toughness? My definition of heart is never backing down. Going all out no matter what. So yeah shrinking when it's crunch time does prove a lack of heart. Do we measure a boxers heart by how hard he hits, or how much he taunts, or how defensively sound he is? No. Heart aint never been about talent bruh, you got it or you don't. 
All of that rah rah nonsense isn't toughness. Nobody is really going to fight on the court. Lets get that straight. The ratio of Fake Toughness/Real Fights is lower than Westbrooks assist:to ratio.
Toughness to me is doing the right things to make your team win. Motivating and inspiring your team. Being a leader on the court. Leaving it all out there. That is toughness. If you haven't read Jay Bilas's definition of what toughness is I suggest you doing so.

http://www.google.com/url...hYFp9IBlb2Vv0aryHAVAqphA

laugh.gif
at you guys thinking KG has toughness and heart because he acts like a %$@*$!$ idiot 
laugh.gif

The guy is a mental health patient with basketball skills

No, I never said he has toughness and heart BECAUSE he acts like a fool. I said all of that stuff is foolishness and entertainment. That does not factor into the equation when I call him tough.

Here we go. You all are seriously comparing a fringe role player going at someone in comparison to a hall-of-fame dude going at someone? Why would KG "throw hands" at anyone? His team(s) have/had too much to lose if he goes that far. Chris Childs could afford to do that. KG couldn't. It isn't about him doing a fake tough guy it is about him doing just enough to not get thrown out.

I agree

I don't see any superstars throwing hands with anybody. They are way too important

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

JD617 wrote:
roll.gif

This is @*$#!!! GOLD
roll.gif
roll.gif

bar fight

bar fight

bar fight

bar fight

It was a bar fight, Craig

Tonight was a bar fight, man....we knew they was gonna come�in wit a lot of energy

...it was a bar fight

u ever been in a bar fight?� Ask Charles...he been in a bar fight

roll.gif
roll.gif

I forgot u was doin an interview.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

*dead* @ the random WOOOOOOOOOO

roll.gif
roll.gif

How does KG not show heart on the court? How does he not show toughness? I guess getting defensive stops, being the defensive anchor for championship type squads. Always playing hard every damn night. How is that not toughness? Oh yea because he isn't a closer? Really? We are going to use that as a reason to say he doesn't back up his bark? Ok.
What is your definition of heart? What is your definition of toughness? My definition of heart is never backing down. Going all out no matter what. So yeah shrinking when it's crunch time does prove a lack of heart. Do we measure a boxers heart by how hard he hits, or how much he taunts, or how defensively sound he is? No. Heart aint never been about talent bruh, you got it or you don't. 
All of that rah rah nonsense isn't toughness. Nobody is really going to fight on the court. Lets get that straight. The ratio of Fake Toughness/Real Fights is lower than Westbrooks assist:to ratio.
Toughness to me is doing the right things to make your team win. Motivating and inspiring your team. Being a leader on the court. Leaving it all out there. That is toughness. If you haven't read Jay Bilas's definition of what toughness is I suggest you doing so.

http://www.google.com/url...hYFp9IBlb2Vv0aryHAVAqphA
I said nothing about fighting on the court though, so what exactly you talking about? How you gonna be a leader and you disappear when the team needs you most? Cheerleaders give motivation, that don't mean they got heart

Disappear?
laugh.gif
You're crazy. Once again, impacts can be made more than just points. His impact on the defensive end, even late in games, is always front and center. He does not disappear.

Am I wrong for thinking the KG hate is sort of similar to the LT hate? Or is that 2 completely different things?

LOLOLOL @ "LAN as in lame &@^ ...."

So a player can do everything his team needs but because he isn't a closer means everything he did before that point holds no value? He simply isn't a closer. And that means he isn't tough? I have a hard time discrediting his entire body of work for the fact that he disappears in 4th quarters.

KG is tough to me. I mentioned why I felt that way. But You got it Jalen.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Disappear?
laugh.gif
You're crazy. Once again, impacts can be made more than just points. His impact on the defensive end, even late in games, is always front and center. He does not disappear.
Son is fake hustle. He dissapears on offense completely, his defense is there, but he's never been a leader like you dudes are making him out to be. Perkins had heart and was way tougher.  

So someone that disappears offensively can't be considered tough or a leader? What makes you say his hustle is fake? I mean he has been fake hustling for his whole career, at what point does it become real?

He is an emotional and defensive leader. He isn't an offensive load type of leader no, but how can you deny his presence for that ring the Celtics got? The defensive anchor. That was fake too right?

So a player can do everything his team needs but because he isn't a closer means everything he did before that point holds no value? He simply isn't a closer. And that means he isn't tough? I have a hard time discrediting his entire body of work for the fact that he disappears in 4th quarters.

KG is tough to me. I mentioned why I felt that way. But You got it Jalen.
What makes you a closer though? Mental toughness, the heart to push your way to victory. So how can you sit there admitting he disappears in the fourth and act like that doesn't have to do with lack of heart or toughness. Name one person that doesn't have heart that's giving you that. What he's doing throughout the game is him showing he's talented, which he is. But it isn't a display of heart, every good player helps there team throughout the game that doesn't mean they all have heart. Look at Bron. 

What makes someone a closer? A combination of competitive spirit (which he has), offensive skill (which he lacks). He has all of the mental tools but he just isn't there when it comes to getting buckets. Scoring has never been his strong suite, so to ask that of him in the final moments of a game is unfair. That isn't him. He is not clutch. He is not clutch. He is not clutch.

But, that does not translate to him not being tough.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

You are horribly wrong...Never been a leader?
laugh.gif
Can't take this seriously anymore.
Na, he still that "black angel". His strength was always his passing and defense, and he'll always be known as a more than capable scorer whos always lacked a killer mentality. Yet he's praised for his intensity. Scared to death in the 4th, but had no problem padding his stats when he could. When you can do anything on the court, and your mind don't let you because there's too much pressure, that aint heart, and that isn't tough, and it damn sure isn't a leading quality.

What makes someone a closer? A combination of competitive spirit (which he has), offensive skill (which he lacks). He has all of the mental tools but he just isn't there when it comes to getting buckets. Scoring has never been his strong suite, so to ask that of him in the final moments of a game is unfair. That isn't him. He is not clutch. He is not clutch. He is not clutch.

He lacks offensive skill? 
roll.gif
You're bugging. He's a little older now, so maybe that's a good excuse for the moment, but son has never lacked any type of skill. One of the most talented all around dudes in the NBA, only thing he lacks is the mental tools. You don't know what your talking about, I'm done responding to you
EDIT: Did you even follow Garnett on the Wolves? Just curious

It seems as though you feel a player has to be offensively gifted to be the leader of a team? Correct me if I am wrong.

He lacked that scorers mentality. I wouldn't say he lacked a killer mentality because he showed it on the glass and on the defensive end.

And yes he is intense. Him not scoring doesn't take away from his intensity level.

If Ray LEwis never made a tackle he would still be intense. Intensity is the bravado. Nothing more nothing less. It is the "extra" stuff that some folks do.

roll.gif
You're bugging. He's a little older now, so maybe that's a good excuse for the moment, but son has never lacked any type of skill. One of the most talented all around dudes in the NBA, only thing he lacks is the mental tools. You don't know what your talking about, I'm done responding to you
When I say offensive skill I am speaking in terms of scoring and Yes I am talking about right now. He isn't even an offensive threat.
In the past his offense was passable but he was never an offensive DUDE that you would bet $25 on him that he would get 25 points.

Yes he is a great all around player but when it comes to scoring the ball, that isn't something that he was every relied on to do.  His scoring, passing, and defense/rebounding were his strengths. He is not KNOWN for his scoring. Never has. 

Did I watch KG on the Wolves? Of course I did.

It seems as though you feel a player has to be offensively gifted to be the leader of a team? Correct me if I am wrong.

He lacked that scorers mentality. I wouldn't say he lacked a killer mentality because he showed it on the glass and on the defensive end.

And yes he is intense. Him not scoring doesn't take away from his intensity level.

If Ray LEwis never made a tackle he would still be intense. Intensity is the bravado. Nothing more nothing less. It is the "extra" stuff that some folks do.
What part of Garnetts offense is cursed since he isn't gifted though. Don't worry, I'll wait. Name me one thing he couldn't do on the offensive side. So your saying he has a switch he chooses to turn off on the offensive side? He's only intense on one end of the floor? If someone fumbles is Ray Lewis going to avoid that ball, or is he gonna pick it up and take t as far as he can possibly go? Boy stop. 

roll.gif
When I say offensive skill I am speaking in terms of scoring and Yes I am talking about right now. He isn't even an offensive threat.
In the past his offense was passable but he was never an offensive DUDE that you would bet $25 on him that he would get 25 points.

Yes he is a great all around player but when it comes to scoring the ball, that isn't something that he was every relied on to do.  His scoring, passing, and defense/rebounding were his strengths. He is not KNOWN for his scoring. Never has. 

Did I watch KG on the Wolves? Of course I did.
Son averaged 24 ppg at one point in his career. Averaged over 20 for a decade straight I believe. Like I said, you don't know what your talking about. Never known for his scoring? He carried the wolves on both sides, and even back then he wanted no parts in clutch situations. Like I said, just stop bruh

I am simply saying KG is not a reliable scorer. Nothing more nothing less.

And yes, he is only intense on one end of the court and that is the defensive end. Offensively, yes he vanished in the 4th. Which is why they brought in Sam since he had the "balls" to finish things off. That wasn't KG.

So was Dennis Rodman. So was Ben Wallace. They are people I would consider tough, so why can't KG get that same recognition?

Back
Top Bottom