Kids collecting J's

Im goin'ta agree w/everyone in this thread before me who gave you the advice: DO Your Research.

Str8 up? ..knowledge is power, period. This may come off wrong, not trying to tell you how to live or think, but? ..IMO? .."in life"? ..you getout, what you put in. If you decide to care, then you must also decide to acquire knowledge. With the "net" being as HUGE as it is, it's not toohard to get a large base of information on anything. You're still left to sift thru, & find "what's real", but, that's what life is.Learning. Blah. Rambling. Like always. Ick.

Far as Jordans?

Agree 100% w/whomever said: START with a pair of OG's.
Honestly? ..regardless of if you OWN THEM PRESENTLY, if you had them as a child/teenager, when they were NEW?
..NOTHING, far as skips, touches those shoes, IMO. To really see what's good w/Jordans, you have to start at the beginning. You don't go to themovies an hour into a flick, or read a book starting w/chapter 6, right? Just sayin', if you REALLY WANT to know what's good in this game, startthere. Period.

Lastly, & again this echoes the advice of many before me in this thread, cop what YOU LIKE. When you're younger, it's easy to succomb to "peerpressure", it's easy to just do what other heads are doin'. Do your best not to care what others think, at least as far as your attire isconsidered. I LOVE the Jumpman logo waaaay more than I should ..it's only a LOGO. I'll be the 1st to tell someone who doesn't understandshoeheads, that Jordans "aren't just shoes"
wink.gif
..but THEY ARE. Some people don't have food, or live where people walk around w/M16'slike women here rock handbags. If you got enough time to sweat sneakers? ..you got it good. Be you. Be LOGICAL, learn your stuff, & HAVE FUN.

A meaningless opinion.

Get a job an buy your own now.. Shoes now will be Re-Re-Retro buy the time u turn 21..When u spend your own money ur parents cant keep getting annoyed with ubuting u shoes all the time..It happens to everyone..

make sure you learn the in's and out's of the game! buy bigger shoes so u can fit them. and if you happen to buy this madness thats been coming outlately rock them. because fusions and spizikes are not heat! get some OGs and buy retroes later. nowadays you can catch most retoes at outlets for 60 dollars

buy em and wear em....

and buy/wear what you like...dont listen to these dummies. if you think fusions are dope get some fusions. do you.

bblokk23 wrote:
first of all...DONT @!%* WITH FAKES OR FUSIONS!!

And buy wat'cha like, If dere's a pair of J's datt u like, But ain't sho if it's real check tha legit check forum, one mo thangquality over quantity....
wink.gif

Only Retroes nothing in between!
When I was 14-16 I easily had +40 pairs of Jordans nothing but retroes but I stopped wearing them in the middle of age 16 and sold them off and gave some awayand donated a big chunk of them....do I regret it?....nope I liked the 7's and 5's outta all the kicks I had. I'm starting up again this yearthough a lot of heat comin in

Buy what you like, make sure you keep your sneaks in good condition so you'll be able to rock them years down the line and have heads turning

IM 14 AND HAVE LOVED SNEAKERS MY WHOLE LIFE BUT STARTED REALLY GETTIN INTO IT WEN I WAS 12 AND I STARTED OUT MY COLLECTION WITH THE METALIC V's..MY ADVICETO YOU IS TO GET WHAT YOU LIKE, STAY AWAY FROM FAKES, AND ALWAYS READ UP ON THE FORUMS AND STUFF LIKE THAT SO THAT U KNOW WATS GOING ON..LEARN BOUT THE SHOES UGET AND ALSO WE U TURN 14 TRY TO GET A WORKING PERMIT SO THAT U CAN GET A JOB AND FUND YOUR COLLECTION...

just buy what you like it could be number or fusion or team as long as you like them it will be good for you

Thx you huys for all this advise I went threw and read every single one and there is some really help full stuff. Nt is where its at when it come's toshows. Im trying to start of with a ethier 5,7 or 10. Right now i have a pair of 10's and some team jordna sthat I ball in .An for the people who said dontbuy fusions i feel you. They need to start retroing some sweet stuff. Im in Ann arbor so if u have any thing in a 10, 10.5 or 11 hit me up

I started at age 14, first it was collecting J's than it got boring after a while than I started doing Nike baskteball from the 90's era all og's.So stay deadicated to what you like and don't sale things you really like I regret selling alot but it doesnt matter because you can buy some of thoseshoes back

Originally Posted by harlem world 23

I started at age 14, first it was collecting J's than it got boring after a while than I started doing Nike baskteball from the 90's era all og's. So stay deadicated to what you like and don't sale things you really like I regret selling alot but it doesnt matter because you can buy some of those shoes back
I feel ya man.

I've worn Jordans all my life but about 2 to 3 years ago I started getting into the Nike Basketball line.

Especially the Lebrons and Kobes.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I started at 18 and well, alll i brought were retro and that it. Just saves up and think about what you want. there are going to be time that you have tochoose between two pairs of J's. So, better make up your mind on what you want.

I know someone else has said it before but it is worth repeating. Buy what you like. Don't allow others to influence what you buy. Your collection is foryourself. Not someone else on this board

Back
Top Bottom