King of Fighters XI

I have been so hyped for this game for months now...due to countless delays, I kind of forgot about it, but it has finally released. The only problem is, noneof my local gamestops/ebgames carry it, and it as if no one has this game in stores. It seems like it's only available for purchase online, and Iain't even trying to wait days for it to come in the mail
eyes.gif

Anyways, I am in Ohio, and I dunno how stores work around your area, but does anyone know if their local best buy/ comp usa/ circuit city got a copy of thistitle? Hell...i'll even check out Walmart. I am so hype about getting this game today, it's not even funny. This is the best KOF to date, all thefighting game heads know what's up
pimp.gif

the-king-of-fighters-xi-20070531032202180.jpg

the-king-of-fighters-xi-20060908001026824.jpg

the-king-of-fighters-xi-20070531032159352.jpg

kf11-12.jpg

kf11.jpg

Bonus: (I'm son'n anyone with Robert Garcia
laugh.gif
)

rob-ryo-special.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Anyways, besides the rant of not being available at my local retail stores, this is also a thread to inspire fighting fans not to miss out on this title ifperhaps they were sleeping on it.

Some info word to fightersgeneration.com

[size=+2]Profile[/size]

[size=-1]General: The latest installment to the KOF series features 3 on 3 tag team gameplay, back fromKOF2003, which was a vast improvement over previous KOFs we used to know and love. KOFXIadds new characters AND brings back old favorites, and gives returning characters some new badass moves as well.[/size]

[size=-1] KOF XI ... It seems it would be the best KOF yet. The most characters ever in a KOF... Extracharacters plucked straight from Neo Geo Battle Coliseum (Mr. Big, GeeseHoward, Tung Fu Rue, Robert Garcia, Hotaru Futaba, Mai Shiranui and EX Kyo Kusanagi... And the home version includes playable boss characters, a color editmode, online match service, 4 new stages, and 10 new music tracks.[/size]

[size=-1] Well it's definitely KOF, and whether you're a long time fan of the series or a newcomer toSNK fighters, you'll definitely find something to enjoy about the 11th edition of KOF. The animation in general is better than ever, and the 3D backgroundsare exciting and unique. Definitely an improvement, and that's just what KOF fans like to see![/size]

[size=-1]Manufacturer: SNK Playmore[/size]
[size=-1]Platforms: Playstation 2[/size]
[size=-1]Year: 2005 / June 22nd 2006 (Japan PS2)[/size]
[size=-1]Characters: Kyo, Ash Crimson, K', Kula, Maxima, Terry, Duck King, Kim, Shen Woo, Oswald, Gato, Mary, Ramon, Kasumi, Vanessa,Ralf, Whip,Hayate, Clark, Ryo, King, Athena, Yuri, Malin, Duo Lon, Iori, B. Jenet, Tizoc, Shingo, Benimaru,Elizabeth, Momoko, Eiji, Adelheid, Hinako,Gai, Magaki,Shion, Silber,Mr. Big (Home), GeeseHoward (Home), Tung Fu Rue (Home), Robert Garcia (Home), HotaruFutaba (Home), Mai Shiranui (Home)[/size]

Closing Comment: I liked KOF2003, and SNK just made it better... The new characters are awesome to say the least, old favoriteshave been balanced out quite nicely with old and new moves, and boss characters aren't a disappointment either! An action packed and great game allaround. [size=-2]~F.Yagami, Webmaster of TFG[/size]

They gave it a 9.5/10

Def. a must cop for all fighting fans...hopefully I have my copy by nightfall..
smh.gif

It's for PS2, and Coliseum comes out next month...lemme see if I can get some info really quick..

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281819

yeah, it says pre-release for Dec. 14th, which means you probably be able to pick it up the 15th. This is the game I have been really lookin' forward toosince I first saw screens of Rock Howard back in a new game. And Yuki looks like he's a fun character too, he's got some ill moves..

They didn't upgrade the sprites, what gives? Never got into the KoF series, stay with the Street Fighter, but is it in arcades?

Nah, I guess it's sort of like tradition...there are noticeable upgrades, smoother movement, and vibrant bursts and stuff when attacks are unleashed. Butyeah, Capcom vs SNK 2 was one of my favs because the SNK chars all had a capcom makeover. But as far as SNK and Capcom compare, besides graphically, SNKs movesets are destroying Capcom's imo.

...Anyways, after going to like 5 stores, I finally copped my copy, only $14.99
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i'm definitely coppin this as well as 95 -97 for my Saturn
eek.gif
.oh yeah Iori>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kyo

ryo was my man, my boy used to MASTER Iori like hell i used to hate playing him

I loved capcom vs. snk series

and i think the last KoF game we got was like '00 for dreamcast we also had 99 if im not misaken

Maan this reminds me that I need to pick this up...also they need to release a collection or somethin of the old games too..I miss those

Kyo & Iori are dope

i was hoping it was on xbox...simply for the xbox live feature...sigh, we have to deal with fatal fury special...ugh..

SNK is one of the GOAT.
Where did you pick it up for $14.99 and what's the news on Battle Colliseum?

In fact I just received World Heroes 2 (SNES baby) in the mail today!!!

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

They didn't upgrade the sprites, what gives? Never got into the KoF series, stay with the Street Fighter, but is it in arcades?

Word, any new info on Street Fighter IV?

Originally Posted by I am Furby

SNK is one of the GOAT.
Where did you pick it up for $14.99 and what's the news on Battle Colliseum?

In fact I just received World Heroes 2 (SNES baby) in the mail today!!!

It's for PS2, and Coliseum comes out next month...lemme see if I can get some info really quick..

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281819

yeah, it says pre-release for Dec. 14th, which means you probably be able to pick it up the 15th. This is the game I have been really lookin' forward too since I first saw screens of Rock Howard back in a new game. And Yuki looks like he's a fun character too, he's got some ill moves..

Thanks for the heads up! I had forgotten about this game but I'll be sure to hit my local game shops tomorrow to cop me a copy!

Yeah I gotta look for this too. I need more fighting games. I just bought the SF Alpha Anthology which is
pimp.gif
by the way.

Man, me and my dude were on this game, going at it until about 3:00
laugh.gif
...we were just trying to figure out the mechanics of the Su[er Special Moves, and theLeader Special Moves. This game has like 3 different type of cancels, like, where you can interrupt their move with a move of your own at a cost of a level. Orwhere you can interrupt your special move and do a super special. This game is definately hot, I just gotta work on unlocking all the characters now.

...and tell me why they gave Kim Kapwan EVERY move he's ever had in FF and KOF history??
laugh.gif
Dude is stupid dangerous.

^^This is the sequel to KoF 2003. I have been playing this game for a few days now, unlocked a few more people, themes and stages, and I have to say it'smos def worth the cop. It's probably the best KOF I have ever played...I am just kinda sad they don't have Joe Higashi, or Andy Bogard...other thanthat, that character are
eek.gif
and, if you are like me, and you have a buddy who is also a 2D fighting fan, the gameplay should be pretty much damn neverending. We only stop playing when we both realize we have stuff to do the next morning, and it always ends up being around 3:00 am.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom