Kobe IV vs. Lebron VI

Rock, I disagree with your statement that for "Real" basketball players, weight of the shoe is a non factor. Well, I'm 6'8 255, and I playhoops all the time, and the weight of the shoe certainly matters. I own a pair of Lebron IVs, which I NEVER WEAR due to the fact they weigh about 10 poundseach shoe (it might also be due to the fact that I wear a size 17
wink.gif
) Idon't own any Kobe IVs, but I plan on purchasing them soon because they are soooo light.

Although, I do see your point on cushioning. If I'm playing a more up and down game, I rock lighter shoes (hyperdunks, Jordan XXIII's) but if I'mgoing up against some heavies, I rock my Tim Duncan Foamposites.

Originally Posted by iriepirate21

Rock, I disagree with your statement that for "Real" basketball players, weight of the shoe is a non factor. Well, I'm 6'8 255, and I play hoops all the time, and the weight of the shoe certainly matters. I own a pair of Lebron IVs, which I NEVER WEAR due to the fact they weigh about 10 pounds each shoe (it might also be due to the fact that I wear a size 17
wink.gif
) I don't own any Kobe IVs, but I plan on purchasing them soon because they are soooo light.

Although, I do see your point on cushioning. If I'm playing a more up and down game, I rock lighter shoes (hyperdunks, Jordan XXIII's) but if I'm going up against some heavies, I rock my Tim Duncan Foamposites.
There's heavy... there's light and there's a let's just make-people-drool light. Which is basically just good marketing.

I balled in LeBron IVs. They're very heavy that's a fact. They are 21 oz in my size. I won't lie that it doesn't affect my game, but manthey're very comfortable and have awesome cushioning. I don't play in them a lot tho. Speed is my main thing on the court so I do focus on having thebest shoe possible. However, at the same time I don't want to sacrifice anything.
I balled in the Hyperdunk, which basically suck... and yes they are feather. But to be honest when I put on my Zoom BB I (16.7 oz) or Huarache 08 (15.40)opposed to the 13.65 oz Hyperdunk... there's pretty much no difference. Really. I'm used to saying everything below 17oz is light and I stand by thatrule.
Also, I am happy to put on the extra 3 ounces just to have the Zoom Air instead of the Lunar in HD and Kobe IV. That gives me more advantage than all that Iwant to have the lightest shoes possible @%$$.

I should have put in the caveat unless you mean "The Lebron IV" lolol

Yeah,.. .those could be an exception for many but the only thing I could recant is the LOOK of a shoe being heavy affecting your game mentally, but other thanthe Lebron IV for weight purposes...

I stick with my previous statement. A few ounces in a shoe even if you rely on quickness and speed will not affect your game. Unless its the mental aspect of ashoe LOOKing heavy and clunky.. THAT aspect I understand and relate to me playing in a low cut shoe.

A Flimsy upper which is lighter can not make a player faster because it is simply lighter. THere are different traction patterns and outsole rubber materialswhich can ACTUALLY make a player faster than the actual weight of a shoe.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

You can't really tell between ounces...

I actually like my 2K5's better then the Hyperdunk,
as they feel more safe.

And safety is going to be a biggggggggggg must coming off a fractured ankle.

Ankle braces are a must for me now.

The Lebron IV is a no no for me lol, way too heavy, might as well play in timberlands haha.

I have the LEBRONS played in them a couple of times ... Just got the CARPE's and the CHAOS/ MAYHEMS last week... The LEBRONS are cool to play in, not asheavy as they have been in years but The KOBES are amazing ... They sit low and you can cut alot better ... Dont get me wrong the LEBRONS are a cool shoe thisyear but im gonna have to ride with KOBE ...

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I truly think Weight issues for Footwear is a non factor for most REAL basketball players.
Bull. !%!#. You and everyone else here knows that after a couple hours of play in a heavy pair, they start to feel like a couple of bricks withlaces.

For me, if i know i'm going to be playing a extended period of time, i always bring two pairs, especially if I'm playing in a pair of lebrons.

and as far as these @#!$+%%* comparisons go, i like the lebron line just as much as i like the kobe line. I prefer the best of both worlds
pimp.gif

^^ I bring two pairs so I don't feel like Im playing in Sweaty shoes.. and I already mentioned the Lebron IVs were the exception ....but to each theirown...

Its My Opinion and that of those I have balled with and against when testing shoes.

rock i dont work for nike, not as prestigious as some ...
smile.gif
but id like to say that the LBJVI is not triple stacked its a full length with a heel stack at theback (double stack at the heel) and i dont know about the lunar foam in the ZKIV i thought they were going with a full zoom structure underneath because of thedurability issues left to iron out, i could be wrong about the kobe but im certain that lebron isnt wearing a tripstack ...

and having played in both the HDs and LBJIVs i can say that the weight diff is noticable but if you lift any kind of weight then you should be AOK the weightisnt the problem. but if you move between shoes often enough youll notice a new found energy, its like wearing ankle weights.

i like the look of the KIV over the LVI havent played in either yet though ... im gonna wait this year.

Originally Posted by Fresh BOY DJ

Originally Posted by SnkrbyNature

id go with lebrons, looks better in casual

indifferent.gif
co sign. I hate stupid kids who decide looks over performance. The VI and the Kobe IV are both great shoes. I bring both to a basketball game. Ifi want speed , i'd rock the Capre Diem. If i want to play the paint and post little dudes up, I bring out my LA Bron VI.

a lot of mixed reviews... i think i will try both out, if i dont like any i'll stick with hyperdunks

I love both.

But I got the Bron VI edging out the ZKIVs barely overall.

Though performance wise, I'd give it to the ZKIVs, no question.

got both. love both. the one thing that gives the brons the edge imo are the colorways. LAKER colorways only appeal to LAKER fans 99 percent of the time.it's hard to beat the classic blk/red colorways, i.e. jordan brand. thank god they released the kobe iv's on ID!

Laker colors also appeal to University of Washington Husky fans, too!

Too bad Kobe is the pitchman of Laker-based colorways, though...

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I truly think Weight issues for Footwear is a non factor for most REAL basketball players. To tell me you feel the difference in a few ounces is crazy if you don't realize you are sacrificing stability and comfort.

Give me a heavier shoe with Ankle protection and my feet feel like there is a Mattress underneath ANYDAY over a shoe I feel like is barely there.

If I wanted that.. I'd wear socks on the court with tape underneath
I couldnt agree with you more..... I love my Lebron IVs.... i got 3 pair. They are heavier than the rest of my shoes but after a week or so i gotused to them, and as a 6'4"-205lbs shooting guard, I was playing like normal. Plus playing in heavier shoes makes your legs stronger anyways. Ireally dont like playing in anything that is ligther right now I got a pair of ZK1's but i dont even know how they would feel since its been so long)...but hopefully the Lebron VIs arent too light for me not to wanna play in them.

Back
Top Bottom