Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Just tried these on at FTL and TTS is a perfect fit in my size 10 and I have a wide foot. In kobe 8s and 9s I had to half size up because of the narrow toe box but the 10 fit perfect.

At first, I didn't like the silhouette since it was all hyperfuse but they were really comfortable without the lunar type cushioning. the pliable sole looks like they will not last that long even for casual wear. I was able to use a birthday coupon on it too for $155 but decided to pass anyway. Definitely going to cop a pair for the right price and right colorway in the future. Can't wait for more kobe 9 lows to go on clearance though.

I didn't complain nor did I tell anyone not to get them. Yes everything goes up but mostly because of demand. Gas prices are going down and even McDonald's are lowering their prices due to the major decrease that they have in the stock market right now. I'm a Nike talker just like you and I barely pay retail for any shoes thanx to the coupon forum. The last lows were $159.99 and they just jumped tremendously to $180.00 my concern was just the increase in price but lower standard in material. So to say if the 5:00 am's were tagged limited then the resellers would have purchased them but not at alarming numbers because then the shoes would have been at a $250 price tag and we all know after eBay fees and gas and time spent to get them the trouble would not be worth the extra $30 made. So Nike increases prices and everyone is at a stand still. Take in consideration the entire Lebron 12 line and not to mention how the French blue Jordan 7's are sitting with the price tag of $190.00. Now Nike gets that extra $30 and shoes are becoming more obtainable due to high prices. Just food for thought. [emoji]128519[/emoji]
I agree. Nike also started releasing new sneakers almost every weekend —sometimes even in the middle of the weekend. Nike ID is also another way they raised prices on consumers. 

Renarts has all Nike All Star Game apparel for sale via phone/email orders call (631) 493-2333 or email RenartsFootwear@gmail.com to make a purchase   
[h1]Men's Nike ASG Multi KD Tee [717313-100][/h1]
$40.00
[h1]Men's Nike ASG Evil Empire Long Sleeve [728116-100][/h1]
$40.00
[h1]Men's Nike ASG Surge Elite Shorts [716448-010][/h1]
$55.00
[h1]Men's Nike ASG Multi LBJ Tee [717311-010][/h1]
$40.00
[h1]Men's Nike Kyrie 1 AS Tee [802683-010][/h1]
$40.00
I need the shorts and that long sleeve tee!! Are these in HOH or NDC yet?

I agree. Nike also started releasing new sneakers almost every weekend —sometimes even in the middle of the weekend. Nike ID is also another way they raised prices on consumers. 
I also forgot to mention the ID sales strategy and not to mention the foamposite market.

I didn't complain nor did I tell anyone not to get them. Yes everything goes up but mostly because of demand. Gas prices are going down and even McDonald's are lowering their prices due to the major decrease that they have in the stock market right now. I'm a Nike talker just like you and I barely pay retail for any shoes thanx to the coupon forum. The last lows were $159.99 and they just jumped tremendously to $180.00 my concern was just the increase in price but lower standard in material. So to say if the 5:00 am's were tagged limited then the resellers would have purchased them but not at alarming numbers because then the shoes would have been at a $250 price tag and we all know after eBay fees and gas and time spent to get them the trouble would not be worth the extra $30 made. So Nike increases prices and everyone is at a stand still. Take in consideration the entire Lebron 12 line and not to mention how the French blue Jordan 7's are sitting with the price tag of $190.00. Now Nike gets that extra $30 and shoes are becoming more obtainable due to high prices. Just food for thought. [emoji]128519[/emoji]
I didn't say that you were complaining, I just quoted your comment because it was the last one that mentioned price (and 2 pages from now, someone else will as well).  I'm just saying prices on everything everywhere are increasing except wages (with the exception of San Fran, even though $15/hr up there might still be barely enough to live paycheck to paycheck). When I tried the shoes on my wife asked me how much they were & after telling her I said the price is barely a quarter of my commission check which we don't budget because commission varies; still, the look on her face was WTF.  I saw what you were saying cause you said you don't hoop & don't really sport lows so yea, you paying $180 before tax for these wouldn't make sense just like for me, I couldn't pay $130-$150 for a shoe & hoop in it right away & my iD's didn't even touch the court until I received the next years' iD so that was minimum 12 months.  All in all, prices go up.  It's up to the buyer to determine whether it's worth it or not.  I've seen people drop $800 on a cell phone just because they wanted the latest model, not because they needed it.  I haven't treated myself to any shoes since my Kobe 8 iD so to me, based on being able to afford a couple GR's & some iD's for this year, it's worth it. 

Last edited:
Im glad everyone on NT has a degree in economics but sometimes its simple enough to say that they raised the prices because people are willing to pay them.....
Just like rent always going up. It's how the market works. Do I like naw but it is what it is. If you like it enough you will pay.

Xs are dope to me thought I could sleep in later and go cop later in the day but they sold out but this is hawaii so I'll wait for the store next week to get their shipment

I didn't say that you were complaining, I just quoted your comment because it was the last one that mentioned price (and 2 pages from now, someone else will as well).  I'm just saying prices on everything everywhere are increasing except wages (with the exception of San Fran, even though $15/hr up there might still be barely enough to live paycheck to paycheck). When I tried the shoes on my wife asked me how much they were & after telling her I said the price is barely a quarter of my commission check which we don't budget because commission varies; still, the look on her face was WTF.  I saw what you were saying cause you said you don't hoop & don't really sport lows so yea, you paying $180 before tax for these wouldn't make sense just like for me, I couldn't pay $130-$150 for a shoe & hoop in it right away & my iD's didn't even touch the court until I received the next years' iD so that was minimum 12 months.  All in all, prices go up.  It's up to the buyer to determine whether it's worth it or not.  I've seen people drop $800 on a cell phone just because they wanted the latest model, not because they needed it.  I haven't treated myself to any shoes since my Kobe 8 iD so to me, based on being able to afford a couple GR's & some iD's for this year, it's worth it. 
I can agree with you on the whole value of your spending on your worth we all splurge on different things in in Miami and we're getting bombarded with new highway tolls all across Miami. But I hope you enjoy your shoes bruh cuz I'm like you when I can splurge on some shoes you better believe I will.

I can agree with you on the whole value of your spending on your worth we all splurge on different things in in Miami and we're getting bombarded with new highway tolls all across Miami. But I hope you enjoy your shoes bruh cuz I'm like you when I can splurge on some shoes you better believe I will.
I've never been down to Miami but when we went to Orlando for our anniversary those tolls hit us.  Usually as long as the wife gets a vacation then I can get a couple iDs. LOL.  All White Everythings for my birthday is a must.  No more Laker colors.  I barely get to wear my 8 iDs but when I did all white for the Kobe V I wore them joints out. 

Those 5am jawns are hard but I really didn't like how they looked on my feet. I don't think these are better than the 9's but these are dope none the less. Really want to see fly knit on these and the hightop version. Just my $0.02.*back to lurking*

I got the last size 10 at my House of Hoops at Crabtree Mall in Raleigh, and this was like 45 minutes after the mall opened. So I don't know how things are in you guys area but they definitely don't seem like they're just gonna sit on shelves like some of you think.

A few months down the road? They'll be looong gone.
You're also in NC.  We have 4/5 HoH in the Houston area alone (may be more, just going off the top of my head). Tons of Foot Lockers, Footactions, and Champs in between, too.  I got my Hyper Cobalt 9s 3 weeks ago and they haven't been online for a while. In fact, the box didn't even looked like anyone touched it. The paper wasn't crinkled, laces looked like they would leaving the factory. It was a generalized statement about Xs/Kobes. Completely different in a larger city since we get more stuff and restocks and seems most beast over the Jordans. Within 10 miles of me, there are 15+ shoe stores. Now stuff like the Philippine's went quick. I got a pair of Chinas I passed on at a HoH a month after they told me I couldn't use my military discount.

Last edited:
Cool of Nike to have kept the Kobe code on the X albeit stealth ghost mode on the side of the translucent sole
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom