Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

So apparently, there are stitches on both shoes. That makes a world of a difference in my opinion!

End of the playoffs I should hopefully be getting a pair of DeRozan's Kobe X and maybe an IX. An old high school teammate and friend plays on the Raptors now and said he'd try and hook me up with some game pairs he's not gonna wear anymore. 

That's AWESOME!! Good for you. I know it don't make up for the HTMs but that's cool

I'm passing on these. 100% in for Elevates and Rose Golds though. Can't see myself rocking these much.

At first glance I like the 9s FK pattern better but I like the simplicity of the 10 more. The 9 has more going on from the KB ninth at the top to the hyper fuse and carbon fiber plate. The 10s are a lot cleaner.

The 10 is basically a harbinger for the direction Nike is taking their Basketball line. High, sock-like collars are going to be featured on a few models, like next year's Hyperdunk, and KD 8. With the streetwear popularity of the Mercurial Superfly and Magistas, it makes sense. I think it's a cool direction, and personally, I'm feeling the minimalist approach, compared to the 9. Overall, I think the 9 Elite was the better silhouette, but I always hated the medial side of the 9, whereas the 10 Elite doesn't bother me as much. The 10 still has a brutal midsole/outsole though.

Last edited:
I might go after the Elevate pair day 1 for me, I've hemmed and hawed between that and rose gold, if I do decide to get a pair of the highs. Still not sure.

Bruh I just tried the x highs on and the x highs>ix high. They feel better and besides the ugly back look better in person

Can't really tell, the 9 looks slightly taller but the x is more sleek

The 9 is more bulky all the way around. It makes sense though. 9 was the first FK basketball shoe. The 10 should be sleeker and a more refined product than its predecessor.

Just picked up my Team Elites from HoH. Length wise these are TTS but are tight across the top of the foot similar to the KD7. I don't have a pair of the KobeX low to compare to. I sized up .5 and am comfortable, although I could have been content with TTS if I had to be. Also confirmed that there is only the four red stitches on one shoe. 

What do guys think of having the Kobe logo in back in a nice woven knit instead? Or do you think that would be tacky?

Back
Top Bottom