Kobe's game 7

So CP, you found out that 4 players who won Finals MVP since 1980 weren't the top scorers of their team, which was your justification as to why Kobe was the rightful MVP, but you couldn't find a single one that had a shooting percentage as low as Kobe in 2010, topped off by a horrible 25% in game 7.

Everyone who actually watched Jordan in 1996 knows that MJ had a crap finals then. I mentioned it earlier, the moral MVP of that series was Shawn Kemp, but he didn't win it because his team lost. But guess what: Unlike 2010, there wasn't a good alternative to giving the Finals MVP on that 96 Bulls team. Scottie Pippen averaged 15 points on a shooting percentage that was even worse than Jordan's in that finals. I actually wish that Scottie could've gotten it by averaging little better numbers because I am sick of the continuous discrediting of Scottie Pippen by Jordan extremists. I was sick then, and I am sick now. But there is nowhere NEAR as good of a case for Pip being a 96 finals MVP as there was for Gasol this year. There's a better case for Dennis Rodman.

The same with Duncan in 05. I actually think that Manu should've been MVP of that series, but despite shooting bad, he still grabbed 14 rebounds per game over that series and unlike Kobe, Duncan at least had low turnover numbers so he wasn't completely inefficient. I am pretty sure Big Ben would've won it after Billups in 04 BTW.

So CP, you found out that 4 players who won Finals MVP since 1980 weren't the top scorers of their team, which was your justification as to why Kobe was the rightful MVP, but you couldn't find a single one that had a shooting percentage as low as Kobe in 2010, topped off by a horrible 25% in game 7.

Everyone who actually watched Jordan in 1996 knows that MJ had a crap finals then. I mentioned it earlier, the moral MVP of that series was Shawn Kemp, but he didn't win it because his team lost. But guess what: Unlike 2010, there wasn't a good alternative to giving the Finals MVP on that 96 Bulls team. Scottie Pippen averaged 15 points on a shooting percentage that was even worse than Jordan's in that finals. I actually wish that Scottie could've gotten it by averaging little better numbers because I am sick of the continuous discrediting of Scottie Pippen by Jordan extremists. I was sick then, and I am sick now. But there is nowhere NEAR as good of a case for Pip being a 96 finals MVP as there was for Gasol this year. There's a better case for Dennis Rodman.

The same with Duncan in 05. I actually think that Manu should've been MVP of that series, but despite shooting bad, he still grabbed 14 rebounds per game over that series and unlike Kobe, Duncan at least had low turnover numbers so he wasn't completely inefficient. I am pretty sure Big Ben would've won it after Billups in 04 BTW.

are we forgetting mj was 35 at the time?

are we really comparing 35 years old to 31 year old kobe??? and still not cutting it???

get real

are we really comparing 35 years old to 31 year old kobe??? and still not cutting it???

get real

Kobe played as hard as he could that game 7. Boston defense was crazzy!! i cant front.. they was all over Kobe.. but atleast he played the game and didnt throw the game away like another ball player i know of

Kobe played as hard as he could that game 7. Boston defense was crazzy!! i cant front.. they was all over Kobe.. but atleast he played the game and didnt throw the game away like another ball player i know of

^ no, he forced lot of dumb shots and missed some good looks. thats what happens when you're nervous.

he couldn't focus 100%

^ no, he forced lot of dumb shots and missed some good looks. thats what happens when you're nervous.

he couldn't focus 100%

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

get real

Say word????

[table][tr][td]1[/td][td]Michael Jordan[/td][td]32[/td][td]252[/td][td]51[/td][td]123[/td][td]6[/td][td]19[/td][td]56[/td][td]67[/td][td]10[/td][td]22[/td][td]32[/td][td]25[/td][td]10[/td][td]1[/td][td]18[/td][td]17[/td][td]164[/td][td].415[/td][td].316[/td][td].836[/td][td]42.0[/td][td]27.3[/td][td]5.3[/td][td]4.2[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]0.2[/td][/tr][/table]

Says 32 right here don't it? 

Try again. 

get real

Say word????

[table][tr][td]1[/td][td]Michael Jordan[/td][td]32[/td][td]252[/td][td]51[/td][td]123[/td][td]6[/td][td]19[/td][td]56[/td][td]67[/td][td]10[/td][td]22[/td][td]32[/td][td]25[/td][td]10[/td][td]1[/td][td]18[/td][td]17[/td][td]164[/td][td].415[/td][td].316[/td][td].836[/td][td]42.0[/td][td]27.3[/td][td]5.3[/td][td]4.2[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]0.2[/td][/tr][/table]

Says 32 right here don't it? 

Try again. 

^ Kobe game through in the crunch time and that's what matters. Yea, i re track my statements homie did force a lot of dumb shots it was crazy but i enjoyed the finals

^ Kobe game through in the crunch time and that's what matters. Yea, i re track my statements homie did force a lot of dumb shots it was crazy but i enjoyed the finals

It doesn't matter if he shot 1-21 with 14 turnovers, this ***%+ just won his 5th NBA championship at 31 years old.
laugh.gif

It doesn't matter if he shot 1-21 with 14 turnovers, this ***%+ just won his 5th NBA championship at 31 years old.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

laugh.gif
QFT

Kobe got alot of haters that follow his career more closely then their own favorite players
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

laugh.gif
QFT

Kobe got alot of haters that follow his career more closely then their own favorite players
laugh.gif

people hate kobe end of story. for no reason, people say if he was clutch he would of shot better in gm 7, but people forget to realize him going off scoring 23 straight, closing out numerous games. Jordan is GOAT, but that has nothing to do with Kobe. Montana is GOAT, but whats that have to do with Brady's legacy? and how good he is? Leave it at the door, Kobe is a first ballot HOFer and in 10 years people will look back at him and realize they were wrong. He will never be Jordan, noone will not even precious queen james.
But closest to him? Kobe. Because he is fierce and plays with his foot on your throat at all times.

Question, if he wins 2 more then what? will the haters stop hating? I doubt it..

people hate kobe end of story. for no reason, people say if he was clutch he would of shot better in gm 7, but people forget to realize him going off scoring 23 straight, closing out numerous games. Jordan is GOAT, but that has nothing to do with Kobe. Montana is GOAT, but whats that have to do with Brady's legacy? and how good he is? Leave it at the door, Kobe is a first ballot HOFer and in 10 years people will look back at him and realize they were wrong. He will never be Jordan, noone will not even precious queen james.
But closest to him? Kobe. Because he is fierce and plays with his foot on your throat at all times.

Question, if he wins 2 more then what? will the haters stop hating? I doubt it..

get real

What do YOU know about basketball?

get real

What do YOU know about basketball?

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

As for Kobe's on-court legacy, I feel that he has more than proven himself as this generation's (or: millenium's) Jordan, whether or not you like the terminology.
Oh no, I completely agree w/ the sentiment; I just hate the phrase 'the next/current Jordan.' Jordan wasn't 'the next Magic'; Magic wasn't 'the next Dr. J'; Dr J wasn't 'the next whoever'. But because Jordan was both media savvy throughout his career and dominant throughout his career, we're DYING for someone else to also be that. Like you alluded to, with today's media coverage and 'know it all' access to these guys lives, it's not likely that there will be another Jordan. Magic was DEFINITELY media savvy, but lost 4 Finals, and wasn't the Finals MVP of the 5 rings he did win. An argument can be made to show that EVERY superstar before AND after Jordan failed to be BOTH media-savvy from day 1 of their career while also dominating... so I hate saying a player is Jordan. It's not that I want to protect Jordan; that man doesn't even know I exist.

Finals apperances, finals wins, back-to-back finals MVPs, Regular season MVP, All-Star MVPs. The hardware is there.
Absolutely.

The word that will define his overall legacy is redemption. From being on top of the world with Shaq, to falling into the pits with Katelyn, to climbing back to the top with Phil.
Well written. Perhaps a little more accurate to say 'back on top w/ Pau', though? Since Phil was there w/ Shaq earlier, but Kobe's back-to-back-to-back Finals appearances came after Pau.

He has proven himself to be the greatest example of NBA success since MJ, period. And he has done so in dramatic fashion.
Again, I can't disagree.

As for Kobe's on-court legacy, I feel that he has more than proven himself as this generation's (or: millenium's) Jordan, whether or not you like the terminology.
Oh no, I completely agree w/ the sentiment; I just hate the phrase 'the next/current Jordan.' Jordan wasn't 'the next Magic'; Magic wasn't 'the next Dr. J'; Dr J wasn't 'the next whoever'. But because Jordan was both media savvy throughout his career and dominant throughout his career, we're DYING for someone else to also be that. Like you alluded to, with today's media coverage and 'know it all' access to these guys lives, it's not likely that there will be another Jordan. Magic was DEFINITELY media savvy, but lost 4 Finals, and wasn't the Finals MVP of the 5 rings he did win. An argument can be made to show that EVERY superstar before AND after Jordan failed to be BOTH media-savvy from day 1 of their career while also dominating... so I hate saying a player is Jordan. It's not that I want to protect Jordan; that man doesn't even know I exist.

Finals apperances, finals wins, back-to-back finals MVPs, Regular season MVP, All-Star MVPs. The hardware is there.
Absolutely.

The word that will define his overall legacy is redemption. From being on top of the world with Shaq, to falling into the pits with Katelyn, to climbing back to the top with Phil.
Well written. Perhaps a little more accurate to say 'back on top w/ Pau', though? Since Phil was there w/ Shaq earlier, but Kobe's back-to-back-to-back Finals appearances came after Pau.

He has proven himself to be the greatest example of NBA success since MJ, period. And he has done so in dramatic fashion.
Again, I can't disagree.

Originally Posted by John2st

Word.
Ask any NBA player what they think about Kobe
pimp.gif

It's only these lame cats that sit at home and *$@%# about how Kobe sucks
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom