kyrie irving + anta basketball

Already see people attacking him online because he signed with a Chinese brand.. do these idiots not realize that Nike's shoes are made in China?

Man, people are pathetic. They're just hating on him because it's the 'thing' to do.

Don't be surprised if we start seeing Anta shoes pop up in stores in North America in 2024..

Kyrie isn't stupid, he's gonna want to reach as many customers as possible.

They look interesting. I hate the strap and the fit looks like it'll be constrictive but they definitely look interesting. Can't wait for the reviews.

Man…He said chief conspiracy officer 😵‍💫🤣 I know he meant to say chief creative officer but given Kyrie’s history that was hilarious.

Nonetheless seems like there’s going to be a more premium version (SE) of the shock wave 5 with better materials. Materials look very cheap-o but seems like the SE will be better

JS”

they might be cooking

Not thrilled about the signing with Anta. A communist Chinese brand, especially when he claims to be a humanitarian. I don’t care if Nike uses labor out there, it’s still an American company that profits. Not directly supporting a competitor nation that totally mistreats its people.

And if that is the first look at his sig, well then:

I love that it basically is a low, he definitely started gravitating towards that over the last few seasons, wearing his lows more … one of the reasons I think besides not having much design and logo influence on the Infinity model that he outspokenly hated.

Not a fan of that is a strap and not just a shroud, because straps are the most gimmicky and pointless thing ever and always have been on a performance basketball shoe.

But definitely aping all of Nike’s previous design models for Kyrie. An amalgamation of sorts. I bet they will try to sue for some type of copyright infringement of their design elements at some point.

Would’ve loved to have seen him sign with NB or And1 or even Crossover Culture. I might buy one pair, even though it feels dirty for me not to support the swoosh or an American brand.

Kyrie still hoopin in Nike's but wearing Anta clothing.

I imagine it's because he's waiting for his personalized pairs to help his turf toe injury or maybe this was filmed before the annoucement.

Last edited:

Kyrie still hoopin in Nike's but wearing Anta clothing.

I imagine it's because he's waiting for his personalized pairs to help his turf toe injury or maybe this was filmed before the annoucement.

If you have turf toe, it doesn’t matter what shoe you wear, why would the Nike one be more prone to help him then a different one? I think he just likes and prefers the Nike product

If you have turf toe, it doesn’t matter what shoe you wear, why would the Nike one be more prone to help him then a different one? I think he just likes and prefers the Nike product

Because the Nike was built by Nike and custom designed for his foot.

It 100% matters.

I have a turf toe issue from the Kobe 8’s after the foam bottomed out. There’s a ton of shoes I can’t wear because of it, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom