**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'd be comfortable giving Randle a contract in the $15m/year range. Once you're in that $18m-20m/year range then you're overpaying for him. I think alot of fans wrongly believe that there is a huge market for Randle. Not many teams have that much cap space. All of the "Mavs are going to offer Randle big money" rumors are from Laker fans assuming that they'll offer him the bag and because he's from there. These rumors are never from actual Mavs reporters/insiders!

Deng's deal will be very easy to move next offseason. He'll be a large, expiring contract next summer. If we want to be a player in the 2019 free agency class then we can move Deng + a second for cap space with no problem.

Well of course our offer isn't going to start at 20 mil, the question is if another team does offer that 20+ per yr deal, do you let him walk for nothing over a 5-7 mill difference? I think that would be really dumb. Signing Randle doesn't completely rule out bringing in another max lever player in 2019.

Love that Ingram is back in the lab already
Eh I don’t pay attention to the off-season work out videos

Remember Clarksons vids from
Years past that had people giddy. Also who can forget D’lo and his midnight workout in BK. Lol.

I love Ingram btw. Not hating. Except huge things from him

Well of course our offer isn't going to start at 20 mil, the question is if another team does offer that 20+ per yr deal, do you let him walk for nothing over a 5-7 mill difference? I think that would be really dumb. Signing Randle doesn't completely rule out bringing in another max lever player in 2019.

Randle ain't worth 20 mil

Randle ain't worth 20 mil
Agree. He played well last year but people act like he’s a franchise player. He was the main option for much of the second half of the season. What happens when his touches drop with Ingram healthy and possible addition of PG? Paying 20 mill for a third option that may get you 12 and 9 isn’t worth it. Undersized at that.

no one said he was a franchise player
but considering his production and age...a hefty check will be written for his service
hes proven he can work with this roster and was a key part of our success this year

the only way you let him walk is if you know you have 2 max guys coming this year
aside from that, you gotta keep him IMO

$5-7m difference annually is huge. That's the difference between a 5yr/$75m deal, which I think is reasonable, and a 5yr/$100-$110m deal which I think is a massive overpay. Every team in the league shells out big money, its all about who you're shelling out big money to. To put things in perspective, Draymond Green is making $16m/yr and Klay is making $18m.

Championship teams aren't paying players like Julius Randle $22m/year, they're just not. Unless you think Randle is going to become a perennial all-star, I wouldn't give him that much money

Last edited:
$5-7m difference annually is huge. That's the difference between a 5yr/$75m deal, which I think is reasonable, and a 5yr/$100-$110m deal which I think is a massive overpay. Every team in the league shells out big money, its all about who you're shelling out big money to. To put things in perspective, Draymond Green is making $16m/yr and Klay is making $18m.

Championship teams aren't paying players like Julius Randle $22m/year, they're just not. Unless you think Randle is going to become a perennial all-star, I wouldn't give him that much money
youre kidding right

guess its a bit much to see when those deals were actually given

Man that's exactly what championship teams pay guys like Julius lol. Kevin love, Iguodala, Livingston, JR Smith, Shumpert,Tristan are or were being over paid for that same reason. Difference is we also have 4 key contributors on rookie deals for the next 2-3 yrs unlike those teams.

The main point is that once you sign your max players, going over the cap to resign your other core guys isn't a big deal. Especially if you have a bunch of young guys making pennies for most that of time.

In a vacuum, Julius is not worth 20 mil a yr. But if we're already going to be close to the max and can't replace him with another starting caliber big man, then I have no issue with a slight over pay.

Julius getting the max? I gotta see it to believe it. Other teams’ analytics nerds will point to his inability to shoot outside 5 feet lol

how much is Julius Randle due to make this Summers FA?

can we sign and trade him and at least get something in return,,geesh,include Luol Dengs contract whoever wants him

I just have a gut feeling that somehow Boogie is going to end up signing with the Lakers this summer.

Maybe Magic convinces him to 1 year big money guaranteed + 1 year option deal to get him to sign with the Lakers.

I just have a gut feeling that somehow Boogie is going to end up signing with the Lakers this summer.

Maybe Magic convinces him to 1 year big money guaranteed + 1 year option deal to get him to sign with the Lakers.

He's not playing until February at the earliest. If we strike out with Lebron, PG and other free agents, I don't see the harm in taking on a big one year deal and hoping he comes back 100%

hes gonna be a shell of himself why would you even want to touch that?

midas whale sign lil zeek to play with cousins

Back
Top Bottom