**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'mma give Luke some credit. Seems like the team responded after the clipper game when he urged them to stick together and tonite when he asked for more passion. Maybe this will be his breakout year.

Re: player development I think Zo and Ingram are basically where D'lo and Randle were in year 2 and 3 respectively. Lots of similarities there. Not really talking numbers but eye test and their feel for the game

Need Zo and Ingram to come with this same energy every night. Zo shot looks decent when he’s in rhythm. Even when he steps back and makes it a more difficult shot it’s still better than when he’s wide open and hesitates.

Ingram needs to do exactly what he did tonight every night. Avoid taking mid range jumpers and dribbling so damn much. Just get the ball and attack downhill or in transition.

Also for Hart to be as strong as he is, pretty quick & to have good size, he can't guard the PG/SG position well at all, i'm hoping it's just technique but dude gives up so many easy drives to the basket it's ridiculous.

As far as BI he still confuses me so much in the pick & roll because he can get a wide open midrange damn near everytime in rhythm, & when he shoots those it's a good shot for him... instead he usually holds the ball longer, hesitates a bit then throws up a midrange from like two feet closer which is always heavily contested. He gotta recognize that easier, although i like that he's always looking to get to the basket.

Why can't these dudes just learn from each other. Zo with kuz's aggression, bi with zo's vision and kuz's decisiveness, Kuz with Ingram's defense etc

Also checked on the Numbers of our young guys while Lebron was out & it could be better but it's still some hope in there.

W/o Lebron

BI 20/6.4/3.7 on 45/22/63
Ball 13.2/5.5/6 on 38/34/29 :stoneface: , However Lonzo numbers are horribly skewed because of those two games where he just wasn't shooting (two games with only 4 attempts). 5/7 games he's been at over 10 attempts & his numbers are 49/48/29 :stoneface: .

So In Lebrons Absence we've seen that Lonzo can carry a bigger offensive load and be pretty efficient, but dude is despicable from the line. Ingram Doesn't really look to take any threes, although i will say i think he can still be a decent spot up guy in the corners.

All in All neither Ingram or Lonzo could be the #1 guy on a good team, which is very rare thing to ask from a 20/21 year old. Luckily for us that isn't the roll they're expected to take with this team right now, and i think both of them are more than capable winning pieces when they are back in their regular roles when Lebron comes back.

DALLAS -- A late-night phone call between Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram after their coach publicly challenged the pair to play with more passion for the undermanned Los Angeles Lakers helped spark a 107-97 come-from-behind road win over the Dallas Mavericks on Monday.

Ingram scored a season-high 29 points, adding six assists, three rebounds and two steals, while Ball added 21 points, seven rebounds and five assists as L.A. bounced back from a 13-point halftime deficit to outscore the Mavs 53-30 after the half and snap a three-game losing streak.

"I just thought we had to step up," Ball said of his talk with Ingram after the team landed in Dallas on Sunday night following a 108-86 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves. "We got to be a lot better if we want to win games, and the performance we had yesterday wasn't going to get it done."

Ball went scoreless against the Wolves, and Ingram scored 13 points on 5-for-16 shooting. Afterward, Lakers coach Luke Walton said he needed to see more "passion" and "fight" from L.A.'s two young lottery picks.

"It starts with us," Ball said. "Especially when LeBron [James] and [Rajon] Rondo are out. We're going to come out ready to play and get the whole team going. They'll feed off of that."

Ingram said Walton's postgame comments in Minneapolis echoed other conversations the 21-year-old former No. 2 pick has had with his coach as he finds his footing in the game.

"Me and Luke have numerous talks about numerous things," Ingram said. "I think it's always motivational talks to see what I can do on the basketball floor. It's not just what he said to y'all, it's constant talk of how I can be better, how I can be more consistent. Whatever it is, I just try to take the challenge. Just try to be better."

The Lakers are now 2-5 without James, who continues to be sidelined indefinitely with a strained groin. He will miss at least one more game Wednesday against the Detroit Pistonsbefore being re-evaluated Friday.

L.A. was helped by Kyle Kuzma's return to the lineup Monday after a two-game absence because of a lower back contusion. Kuzma shot just 4-for-20 from the field but was a stabilizing presence on both ends.

He credited Ingram and Ball for their turnaround.

"Last game was a total lack of energy," Kuzma said. "They know that. Anytime you get benched at the end of a game like they did last game, it's going to really bring some emotion and flair out next game. Life is always about how you respond, and they did a helluva job tonight."

Josh Hart added 14 points, 12 rebounds, six assists and a career-high five steals. Michael Beasley chipped in 13 points in 10 minutes off the bench to help hand the Mavs just their fourth home loss of the season.

"It's why I put so much responsibility on them," Walton said of how Ball and Ingram responded. "That's what I believe that they're capable of doing. ... Their competitive spirit and the way on both ends they just fought and competed tonight. That's what they need to bring to the table every night, and when they do, they're really, really good at basketball."

Improve the FT shooting and try to avoid the disappearing acts like (OKC & MIN) and he's on his way. BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE was pretty spot on in how his and BI's development mirror Ratsull and Juju's in their respective times here. Good to hear Zo took some initiative to talk to BI after the Wolves game and express how they both gotta step it up.

Guys we do this every time Zo has a good game :lol:

Problem is with those mechanics he cannot be a consistent shooter. Sure, sometimes his shot will be falling and he’ll have a 20 point game. The key for him is all mental. He needs to be in attack mode so he can penetrate and dish which builds his confidence and get transition buckets.

Need Zo and Ingram to come with this same energy every night. Zo shot looks decent when he’s in rhythm. Even when he steps back and makes it a more difficult shot it’s still better than when he’s wide open and hesitates.

Ingram needs to do exactly what he did tonight every night. Avoid taking mid range jumpers and dribbling so damn much. Just get the ball and attack downhill or in transition.
definitely need to see more of this from him, he had some nice takes last night. He got to the rim with two steps from the 3 point line and finished with the left to close the game out.

but lonzo making his lay ups should be an easy thing for him to improve with a little experience around the hoop

i dont know why these guys dont use the backboard for their free throws. atleast if they miss it will bounce funny for a possible offensive rebound

These are still 21 year olds they aren't going to perform great every night. We of all people should know this after what we've seen with Ratsull and Juju. I just wanna see them play smart and with effort regardless whether or not shots are falling.

Do need Kuz to find his stroke again but great having him back to spread the floor at least.

i was a fan of russell but hes too inconsistent

and when your too inconsistent on the offensive end you better be consistent on the defensive end

we still shouldnt have traded him that quick though

I just want Zo to come up with a counter for that damn stepback :lol:. I know he's not the most sauciest guy but there's no reason he doesn't have any moves. Even a guy like Klay has a travel size bag he can get into when he wants. He was very, very gradually developing some craft last season but haven't seen much of that this year

I just want Zo to come up with a counter for that damn stepback :lol:. I know he's not the most sauciest guy but there's no reason he doesn't have any moves. Even a guy like Klay has a travel size bag he can get into when he wants. He was very, very gradually developing some craft last season but haven't seen much of that this year

He needs to wear some real shoes. Mans feetwork be all over the place in them BBBs.

Last edited:
MasculineMaleClownanemonefish-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom