**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Media gone soft. Shaq used to get killed by LA media on his FTs. I remember they asked him why he doesn’t shoot granny shots . :lol:

Shaq was getting to the line 11 times a game in his prime. Zo barely gets there once so while it's inexcusable to be as bad as he is it's not effecting the game as much.

Not just Zo, the whole damn team sucks at FTs other than KCP
it’s just more crazy that our two point guards are so bad. Guards supposed be way better than that

Shaq was getting to the line 11 times a game in his prime. Zo barely gets there once so while it's inexcusable to be as bad as he is it's not effecting the game as much.
4dfa1dd335f8885a026667441f4b8ab1.500x275x8.gif

do you watch the games or just check the box score? This is critical to know....because anyone can watch 10 minute youtube highlights and see just all the MAKES......

this dood only average 1 FT a game because he's scared to go to the line!!! making him tentative everytime he has to look to score, its really effecting his game right now regardless of how many 3's or alley oops he makes....

luke cant even play him in the crunch right now!

this cat uses the same "flick" motion on his shot with close looks around the rim too....its ugly and i dont recall seeing anyone with such a weird touch around the rim...he dont finger roll...he dont use the glass...he dont tear drop, floater.....nothing.

look at brandon or kuz, they outstretch their arms and finish scooping the ball up or with a nice push as they go up...fundamentals 101, elementary school ****....

lonzo be slashin to the lane tryna finish with that alligator arm flick :smh:

Also for Hart to be as strong as he is, pretty quick & to have good size, he can't guard the PG/SG position well at all, i'm hoping it's just technique but dude gives up so many easy drives to the basket it's ridiculous.

As far as BI he still confuses me so much in the pick & roll because he can get a wide open midrange damn near everytime in rhythm, & when he shoots those it's a good shot for him... instead he usually holds the ball longer, hesitates a bit then throws up a midrange from like two feet closer which is always heavily contested. He gotta recognize that easier, although i like that he's always looking to get to the basket.
It is weird but Hart plays better defense on bigger guys. They think he is physically weak so they try and overpower him but he stands his ground against a lot of bigger guys.

josh play just as good on ball d as its gets, at the nba level guys can just make really tough shots

its josh's pride on D, dude really bout that defensive life...

He's an overrated defender put it mildly. And he stays committing stupid fouls.

4dfa1dd335f8885a026667441f4b8ab1.500x275x8.gif

do you watch the games or just check the box score? This is critical to know....because anyone can watch 10 minute youtube highlights and see just all the MAKES......

this dood only average 1 FT a game because he's scared to go to the line!!! making him tentative everytime he has to look to score, its really effecting his game right now regardless of how many 3's or alley oops he makes....

luke cant even play him in the crunch right now!

this cat uses the same "flick" motion on his shot with close looks around the rim too....its ugly and i dont recall seeing anyone with such a weird touch around the rim...he dont finger roll...he dont use the glass...he dont tear drop, floater.....nothing.

look at brandon or kuz, they outstretch their arms and finish scooping the ball up or with a nice push as they go up...fundamentals 101, elementary school ****....

lonzo be slashin to the lane tryna finish with that alligator arm flick :smh:
Yeah this all facts. But I think MVP was talmbout why he ain’t get flamed by the media as much as Shaq. It’s like if a 20% 3 pt shooter took 10 a game he’d get ripped. With 1-2 attempts there’s bigger problems and other ****** to flame

Also I just hope Zo don’t get injured for the second half of the season. Guaranteed he improves layups and free throws drastically In one off season. His year 2-3 leap about to be brazy

Yeah this all facts. But I think MVP was talmbout why he ain’t get flamed by the media as much as Shaq. It’s like if a 20% 3 pt shooter took 10 a game he’d get ripped. With 1-2 attempts there’s bigger problems and other *****s to flame

Also I just hope Zo don’t get injured for the second half of the season. Guaranteed he improves layups and free throws drastically In one off season. His year 2-3 leap about to be brazy

I really hope so but I’m kinda curious if something like touch/feel for the ball, how to spin the ball off various parts of the glass on layups from various angles, etc can be worked on. It’s kinda natural.

If you look at guys like Kemba, Dame, Kyrie, Tony Parker, CP, Rondo and so many others now and in past eras....the way they finish at the rim using spin and angles is almost like artwork. The touch is amazing. Zo scoops the ball with his right like he has stone hands. With the left he does better but I see little touch or feel for the ball when he finishes. And sometimes he’s going so fast that it increases the degree of difficulty on the finish cuz he can’t slow down enough in time. Almost like he’s over running past the rim on the release. Lots of weirdness when he’s at the rim for sure

I really hope so but I’m kinda curious if something like touch/feel for the ball, how to spin the ball off various parts of the glass on layups from various angles, etc can be worked on. It’s kinda natural.

If you look at guys like Kemba, Dame, Kyrie, Tony Parker, CP, Rondo and so many others now and in past eras....the way they finish at the rim using spin and angles is almost like artwork. The touch is amazing. Zo scoops the ball with his right like he has stone hands. With the left he does better but I see little touch or feel for the ball when he finishes. And sometimes he’s going so fast that it increases the degree of difficulty on the finish cuz he can’t slow down enough in time. Almost like he’s over running past the rim on the release. Lots of weirdness when he’s at the rim for sure
I don’t think he’ll develop the same touch and feel as those guys where he’s finishing teardrops, reverse layups, high off the glass, or any other complex layups that require excellent touch. I do think he will be competent enough to finish basic layups with confidence and regularity by next year. The touch and feel will come with time but as long as he’s adequate that’s okay.

I think the injury really ****ed up his development. Like you mentioned he’s always running too damn fast and his momentum takes him past the rim. He only has one speed so when he takes off his horizontal velocity mitigates how high he can jump. And then his horizontal speed means the ball is coming out his hand with more speed meaning more bricks. Plus he doesn’t seem fully confident (or lacks the strength) to jump vertically off one leg. He would benefit from learning a jump stop or learning how to change speeds which allows him to slow down and jump to increase his vertical height.

With a full offseason I’m optimistic he can work on explosion, jumping etc which is half the battle. The second half is touch around the rim and using the backboard. Him coming up with less horizontal velocity will definitely help and using better form will help. No more throwing the ball lol. Finishing through contact would be the next thing to work on and then developing better touch and feel to complete tougher layups. But simply getting stronger will help and he can learn basic moves to improve. Not difficult tasks at all.

If he improves his FT where he ain’t shook and can finish at the rim his game will open up immensely.

Last edited:
He's an overrated defender put it mildly. And he stays committing stupid fouls.
"Overrated defender"

spoken like someone who dont know the game

you can never be overrated if you play D

defense is defense is defense

sometimes doods just have better offense

you making it sound like j hart a cone out there, this dood stick his man hard every single play win, loose or draw....thats good defense.

you don't need to produce a steal, block or force a turn over to play good D, you just gotta make it tough for whoever you guarding, things happen when you play hard on D

I know we have nobody to guard BG but I am gunna be so heated if Luke starts with the twin towers lineup

Let Josh Hart take him.

Last edited:
Of course. And this is the 1st half of year 1 smh. We're screwed.

Back
Top Bottom