**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This thing with Pop is BS.

To this day...after the CP3 stunt it seems like everyone is ok crapping on the Lakers.

Why is it when we are in trade talks there is always an issue? Let this be NY I bet pop wouldn't be saying the same thing.

Why us? What did we do? We have been in a rebuild for the last 5 years and still teams feel threatened by us...

As of now, the Pelicans see no reason to deliver Davis to the Lakers in a deal with a full season left on his contract -- never mind do it on a timeline that benefits mostly the objectives of Los Angeles and Davis.

New Orleans officials are prepared to play the long game on Davis' future, embarking on an uncomfortable, if not combative process that could extend months beyond next Thursday's trade deadline.

New Orleans owner Gayle Benson is enthusiastically carrying the small market banner, pushing back on any planned superstar union of James and Davis in the NBA's glamour market.

If Davis wants to be a Laker, the Pelicans' mantra so far is simply: Feel free to join L.A. as a free agent in 2020 -- and potentially punt on the 2019-20 season, with LeBron at age 35, to keep the requisite cap space open.
Boston is remaining outwardly fearless in its pursuit of Davis, with word delivered to New Orleans: Hold onto Davis past the trade deadline, get into the offseason and we're armed to give you the best possible return on this generational talent.

Boston remains confident in Irving re-signing, even if they don't acquire Davis before free agency. But whatever happens between now and then, whatever issues might threaten to topple Irving's preseason commitment to an extension, the Celtics believe the acquisition of Davis will soothe them all. Boston believes this: Getting Davis probably clinches an Irving commitment.
Still, there are scenarios that concern Boston. For instance, the Celtics could disappoint in the postseason. The Knicks could win the draft lottery, and enter the offseason with the one trade asset that tops Tatum: the NBA draft's No. 1 pick, and the chance to select Duke's Zion Williamson.

For now, the lack of certainty surrounding the Knicks' pick is a huge obstacle to New York dealing now for Davis. On the flip side, New York will be unlikely to include Kristaps Porzingis in any Davis trade package once the trade deadline passes. Porzingis will be a restricted free agent this summer, and would have to agree to a sign-and-trade -- something he'd be reluctant to do, league sources said. In other words: the Knicks may never be able to offer Williamson and Porzingis together.

The Jason Kidd stuff is being reported by Bleacher Report. They’ve already discussed the position with Kidd , according to reports
Weird you can talk to potential coaches but not other players.

To this day...after the CP3 stunt it seems like everyone is ok crapping on the Lakers.

Why is it when we are in trade talks there is always an issue? Let this be NY I bet pop wouldn't be saying the same thing.

Why us? What did we do? We have been in a rebuild for the last 5 years and still teams feel threatened by us...

Still mad we swept him and his twin towers that year. His best lineup was destroyed with very little ease. At that point he knew the difference in power, we were BACK.
Kobe-Bryant-Shaquile-ONeal-640x413.jpg

not that, it's the panic about missing the playoffs this season. It's way too early for that man...
Playoff window is slowly closing with us on the outside looking in, still time to open it up and slip through. Just getting a little concerned.

From that article, interesting that a Pelicans executive (Demps’ boss) has long ties to Danny Ainge from Oregon. Ya we’re screwed

man soon as ASG is over AD better start threatening season ending knee surgery to other team's GMs :lol:

Yeah...I'm starting to wrap my mind around the fact that AD will be a Celtic.

This might be a long summer. I can't get over the fact that every team in the league is hating on a team that has been rebuilding for the past 5 years....
I wonder do teams hate Lakers more than GS, GS winning right now but how long have they been loosing. They probably think DAMN better hurry before they take over again.

From that article, interesting that a Pelicans executive (Demps’ boss) has long ties to Danny Ainge from Oregon. Ya we’re screwed

It literally says they have no relationship. But yea he's probably being traded to Boston unless Ainge goes back on his word which I wouldn't put past him.

Yeah...I'm starting to wrap my mind around the fact that AD will be a Celtic.

This might be a long summer. I can't get over the fact that every team in the league is hating on a team that has been rebuilding for the past 5 years....

Yes I’m starting to think they trade for him and him too and we’d have to punt next year as well to keep cap space for him in 2020 cuz Boston won’t do us a sign and trade favor.

he has been whining about us since we finessed Pau

It literally says they have no relationship. But yea he's probably being traded to Boston unless Ainge goes back on his word which I wouldn't put past him.

Those old guys would help out a hometown boy before a stranger

8297881D-7D90-4FB1-B22B-85C4A6FC8A14.jpeg

AD made it clear supposedly through his agent, that any team other than the Lakers are getting a rental.

Yes we can say the same thing about PG13, but if LeBron and AD are really tight, it might work.

I'm all for just keeping LeBron getting Klay/Kawhi/Kyrie and letting the kids grow **** it i'm over this trade ****.

I feel like for the last few years its been nothing but trade talk and no semblance of consistency.

I can't even buy jerseys everyone is always on the cusp of being traded, who would have thought my Zubac T-Shirt jersey might be obsolete soon

In all honesty when did the Lakers ever landed a big-name star via trade other than Pau Gasol?

It was all through making a splash in Free Agency. #Shaqpot #LABron

Back
Top Bottom