**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

tlb775svmnh21.jpg

They left out Brad Beal

Only hope is GS rest starters against us towards the end, Portland is probably going to rest starters against us or Kings, depends on which game is later in the season. Utah is certainly going to be in playoff mode that late in the season, probably play guys first half depending on the score. On the bright side though Kings could have the Clippers schedule, then it would really be over.

that's still a lot of elite years tho :lol:

if bron gets 1 chip here AND gets all-time scoring here then yes i think they retire

idk if 1 of the 2 would do it

Purely speculation on my end but I felt like the Beasley signing was a move to get in with KD this summer since Beasley and KD are homies.

KD ain’t coming anymore so it doesn’t matter :lol:

Issa wrap meaning what?

Bron declining is still a top 10 player

Issa wrap on him being top 5, hell he's probably already there. I don't think it's going to be a gradual decline. It's why he was pushing for AD right now.

Walk us thru the scenario, so we can all get over it early.

Say we go "worst" case signing (true worst case is sign nobody, but this would be worst case of actually adding someone)

Jimmy Butler.

Bring back Rondo.

Ball/Rondo
Butler/Hart
Ingram/19 first round pick (top 15-16ish)
Bron/Kuzma
McGee/Wagner

2 spots left for another C and G. I don't know if KCP or Chandler etc could be one of them. (or find another 1 year type)

How would we handle that? As not sexy as that is, that's the best team we will have had in 7-8 years. 2nd roundish, with maybe a trade deadline deal that could make something happen?

I think I would rather overpay Bullock for a year (a la KCP) than sign Butler to a multi-year contract.

Worse case scenario.

Butler
they trade BI and Lonzo for some lateral
crap vets
Jason Kidd replaces Luke
Locker room deteriorates
AD ain havin all that and joins the Knicks or Giannis as a FA 2020

Back
Top Bottom