**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Heatles were 9-8 after 17 games before they won 12 straight. Lakers are 8-9..😏

49fe93.jpg

You said AD needs to play the 4 and I said the team didn't rebound any better when he did. The hell you be talking bout man :lol:
When AD was at the 4 with Javale and Dwight at the 5, the Lakers' superb interior D Masked and made up for the Lakers not rebounding any better than when he was at the 5.

Plus we had Caruso wreaking havoc on D a la Ginobili, intercepting passing lanes, taking charges, etc etc.

Hence my point, when AD is playing the 5 the defense suffers BIG TIME with this current group of Lakers because AD cannot shoulder the load of protecting the paint all by himself.

you already know this

When AD was at the 4 with Javale and Dwight at the 5, the Lakers' superb interior D Masked and made up for the Lakers not rebounding any better than when he was at the 5.

Hence my point, when AD is playing the 5 the defense suffers BIG TIME with this current group of Lakers.
When AD is playing the 4 the defense still sucks. The Lakers guards were elite at boxing out and now they're trash. That's why the rebounding has fallen off. The Lakers had great perimeter defense and now they don't. You're failing the eye test my guy

When AD is playing the 4 the defense still sucks. The Lakers guards were elite at boxing out and now they're trash. That's why the rebounding has fallen off. You're failing the eye test my guy
Its cause DJ sucks. Whether AD is at the 4 or at the 5, he doesn't have a BIG next to him who can ease the defensive load.

You're acting like KCP, Caruso, and Danny Green were way more superior at boxing out defenders than Mr. Triple Double himself lol.

Looks like you're the one failing the Eye Test by thinking AD and the team's defensive shortcomings this season are a result of guards not boxing out. Sorry bro but that ain't it.

AD cannot handle playing center on defense. Giannis showed us why on Wednesday and Jokic, Ayton, and the rest will continue to expose him this season. Theres a reason why AD has never played the 5 for a full season in his entire career. Period.

Last edited:
I'm still at my office. Can't wait to watch Access and hear Rob and Big Game tear the team a new one

This stinking team is embarrassing. Too bad Kobe ain't around to show up at practice and give all these dumb***** a piece of his mind.

RIP Mamba.

Last edited:
Its cause DJ sucks. Whether AD is at the 4 or at the 5, he doesn't have a BIG next to him who can ease the defensive load.

You're acting like KCP, Caruso, and Danny Green were way more superior at boxing out defenders than Mr. Triple Double himself lol.

Looks like you're the one failing the Eye Test by thinking AD's defensive shortcomings this season are a result of guards not boxing out. Sorry bro but that ain't it.

AD cannot handle playing center on defense. That's why he's never done it for a full season in his entire career. Period.

To those saying “the lakers are 9-8 while the Heatles were 8-9” I get it. Of course lakers can still turn it around IF THEY MAKE some drastic trades. Given our roster and cap, we have almost No ability to make a trade. Hence the pessimism.

To those that want Simmons on the lakers. Wanna know what type of deal woulda got it done? Hield and Caruso for Simmons.

Caruso wouldn’t be missed since you guys hate him anyways and Hield is Hield.

this is why you keep Caruso and you avoid getting players that make 40+ millions unless superstars

if the lakers had Hield, Caruso and kcp: we would have 44 mill there to trade our. Flexibility.

This proves my point about the uselessness of stats and numbers. Mr. Triple Double puts up more rebounding numbers than KCP and Caruso combined yet the Lakers were a better defensive rebounding team with Javale, AD, Bron, Caruso, and KCP on the floor than they are with this Swiss Cheese lineup - AD, Bron, Ellington, Russ, and Bazemore/Monk.

But everyone can keep thinking Lakers are better with AD at the 5. Their record sure doesnt suggest it LOL

Lol

monk
Ellington
Westbrook
Melo
Jordan

what’s the definition of insanity again?

since the title, pelinka has been on a tear looking for “big names”

McGee, nope. Gasol. Sure.
Harrell? Yes!!
Caruso kcp Hield? Nahhh give me Westbrook
Wings that make sense even though small name? Niang, Craig, Portis etc? Nah, give me monk, melo, ariza.
jones? Nope. Give me Drummond.
Any other human? Nope, give me Deandre Jordan

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Right around page 4724, there's a lot of you guys deluding your cells into thinking this would work. Me and DLF DLF were the only guys who saw this trainwreck coming from the moment the trade was announced

I stand by what I said. 🤷‍♂️

Season ain't over yet.

Because they were :lol:. If you knew how to count you could look at the stats and see it. Or you could just look at the eye test and see that Russ doesn't box out and none of the guards on this team do. Look at how many rebounds Boston's guards got tonight. And AD played center full time his last season in Nola. This my last time going back and forth with you man you be making my head hurt :lol:

I have a theory that NBA coaches are legitimately afraid to critique Russell Westbrook. Russell Westbrook has had 6-7 NBA coaches in his career and he hasn't learned to play defense , improve his shooting or move without the ball. Hard for me to believe any NBA coach is comfortable playing 4-on-5.

I don't think anyone has held Westbrook accountable throughout his career and apparently Vogel isn't either.

Of course season isn’t over

team can still win a title IF we make major changes. Nobody is refuting that on here.

🤣🤣🤣
Short of a Pau Gasol ask fleecing in a trade or landing an All-Star level player in the buyout market, I don't think they're any moves to make. I've already resigned myself to this team being a second round exit at best team.

Because they were :lol:. If you knew how to count you could look at the stats and see it. Or you could just look at the eye test and see that Russ doesn't box out and none of the guards on this team do. Look at how many rebounds Boston's guards got tonight. And AD played center full time his last season in Nola. This my last time going back and forth with you man you be making my head hurt :lol:
I will make one comment that will put to rest all your stats and statements.

The Lakers only title with AD was when AD was playing PF the majority of the time.

Blame Pelinka for hiring a bunch of guards who don't know how to box out.

But more importantly blame AD for not taking his game to the next level knowing he was about to play Center 70% of the time

AD ain't no center, even if we had AC and KCP and Green this year you think we're better than 8-9 with AD playing the 5 surrounded by Bron, Green, AC, and KCP? We'd probably be worse.

guards getting beat to easily and dying on screens too easily
nullifying AD at the 5 lol

bro is getting switched onto guards every time down and then we cant get the board

Back
Top Bottom