**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

z8chz9am52d81.png

Haven't been in this thread in a few days so I'm sure I missed a lot of the fireworks lol

Anyhow, all I got from this hoopla is that Russ benched stuff is if he's not playing well then he's not going to be guaranteed playing time....but he'll still start like he usually does, but nothing will be promised to him which is fine.

Team is mediocre, especially without AD...so they'll win some games they're not supposed to and lose some that they have no business losing. That's just how this season's going to go IMO... up and down

Haven't been in this thread in a few days so I'm sure I missed a lot of the fireworks lol

Anyhow, all I got from this hoopla is that Russ benched stuff is if he's not playing well then he's not going to be guaranteed playing time....but he'll still start like he usually does, but nothing will be promised to him which is fine.

Team is mediocre, especially without AD...so they'll win some games they're not supposed to and lose some that they have no business losing. That's just how this season's going to go IMO... up and down
Bron playing how he is gives me more faith. I thought the spin cycle was starting but his new found jumper gives me plenty hope. I refuse to believe that AD will be as mediocre as he was. I just think it was the excess weight and injuries. I believe he'll come back strong.

Best of your ability isn’t good enough. Airballs and top of backboards ain’t it
And falling sleep on defense while the shooter you are guarding relocates for a wide open 3.

Of course he won’t act wild. He can’t be that stupid to not realize how bad he’s playing.

Glad Russ didn't go Russ at least publicly with his statement. Seems his pride was definitely hurt, can only hope maybe he got a wake up call and can get the ship righted or just really start making some shots/layups. He's been taking care of the ball lately which is half the equation. Long road trips usually when teams come together and with AD hopefully back at some point maybe they can narrow down some roles.

Ad coming back in the next 7 days right?

The only players I feel comfortable with playing 20+ minutes rn are:
AD
Lebron/Johnson
Reaves/THT
Monk
Russ

Dwight, Melo, Ariza, Bradley should be like 15 minutes a games tops.

DAJ, Bazemore, Ellington look like they won’t play for the rest of the year. It doesn’t look like we can count on Nunn. Hopefully they trade him but it looks ugly.

Melo no longer needs to be played late in games. SJ needs to take his place in that position.

I don't doubt it but when is the question. And who's minutes is he cutting into. I'd hope it'd be Bradley and not Malik.
I believe he takes Bradley's and depending on how well he plays, he'll take the starting position too.

Ya'll sleepin on Nunn. He's gonna help.
If he plays great thats awesome, that would be found money for us at this point.

But we used the MLE on him and he hasn’t given us ANYTHING. Bazemore and DJ have contributed more at this point….

So he’s got his work cut out ahead of him if he comes back (probably AFTER all star weekend) and only half the season to get his legs under him, his timing and rhythm and ultimately produce.

Not putting any eggs in the Nunn basket.

Russ is humbling himself. It's just a matter of him acting on it and actually changing some things about his game.

“I think it’s important to know that part of the process of being on a new team is that there are going to be a lot of ups and downs and struggles throughout a season,” Westbrook told ESPN. “It’s been a challenge for the last three years — just trying to figure things out. I lean on a lot of my faith to be able to stay locked in on my craft and work my a— off and find ways to make situations work. The challenge is how to be the version of myself for this team, that’s what I’m trying to figure out.

“I want to get better as the season goes on, and I’ve got to take responsibility for the things I’m doing and how I’m making those around me better. We have a legitimate chance to be able to win it all, and to do that, I’ll have to better — and I know that I will be.”

Well thought of PR prepared statement by russ….sounds good on paper.

Lets see it action now.
As a FIRM believer in 'Believe some of what people tell you and all of what people show you," I feel you.

I do believe some of what Russy told me, but I'll believe it completely if he SHOWS me.

I still effs w/ Brodie. I love his energy on a team that has none sometimes. Dumb plays? Sure. Beating the LIFE out of the side of the backboard? Yeah.

But he still a hooper and I really hope he did say that, and REALLY hope he truly means it.

-foe

As a FIRM believer in 'Believe some of what people tell you and all of what people show you," I feel you.

I do believe some of what Russy told me, but I'll believe it completely if he SHOWS me.

I still effs w/ Brodie. I love his energy on a team that has none sometimes. Dumb plays? Sure. Beating the LIFE out of the side of the backboard? Yeah.

But he still a hooper and I really hope he did say that, and REALLY hope he truly means it.

-foe
Russ's energy is definitely needed and I still think he can be useful. His problem is channeling it.

With what we've been hearing, I believe Vogel will make it right and find the right lineup for him. He HAS to lead the second unit for this to work.

-foe
Listen I grew up playing organized ball, basketball was my first love and I still have a burning passion for the game…

I love russell westbrook as a human being, could never hate on another minority shining….

BUT I HATE HIM ON MY TEAM AND AS A LAKER.

Nothing personal.

Back
Top Bottom