**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lol I just realized that bringing everyone back including Bamba and Beasley (Rui at 15. D’lo at 20. At at 12) puts us at 173 (appx) mill with 9 players. Then add in 17th pick and rest of roster. This would be a team that’s super super expensive

With that said:

Bye bye Bamba Beasley (and likely D’lo. I think they let all three walk (unless D’lo takes a major discount).

This would put them at around slightly below cap threshold and open up 12 mill NTPMLE and biannual.

This is the route they will take. I believe

We need our capologist to help here:

Assume lakers renounce D’lo cap hold. Decline Beasley and Bamba. Keep pick. Hang onto cap holds of Rui and Reaves.

that would put us at:

Lebron 53
Ad 41
Reaves 2
Rui 18
Christie 2
Vando 5
17th pick 3
(7 vet min cap holds) 1.8 x 7.

That’s about 136.

Cap is 134

Being “under cap” team is gonna be very hard. Rui number kind of screws that. Very tough off-season that can make or break us

Trevor Lanes ideal/realistic off season

Dlo/shroeder
Ar/Christie/Hawkins
LBJ/Rui/brown jr
Ad/Vando/lyles
Reid/bamba

If not shroeder, then Javon Carter.

Team is hard capped

I love it

We need our capologist to help here:

Assume lakers renounce D’lo cap hold. Decline Beasley and Bamba. Keep pick. Hang onto cap holds of Rui and Reaves.

that would put us at:

Lebron 53
Ad 41
Reaves 2
Rui 18
Christie 2
Vando 5
17th pick 3
(7 vet min cap holds) 1.8 x 7.

That’s about 136.

Cap is 134

Being “under cap” team is gonna be very hard. Rui number kind of screws that. Very tough off-season that can make or break us
Bron should be $46M.

should bring everyone back

see how it goes with beasley and bamba

then trade dangelo russell at the trade deadline

way too inconsistent in the playoffs and dog **** on defense

Yeah, been listening to lakers nation pods and playing around with the cap too. :lol:

Bron - 47
AD - 40.6
Vando - 4.6
Christie - 1.7

DLo - 20ish
Rui - 15
AR - 12

Keep Bamba but move Beasley + 17 for Buddy. Instead asking for the 26th or 29th back, get both their seconds (32 + 55) and maybe a future second. No cap hold/gaurantee deal on the 2nd rounders? and of course their scouting is known for finding gems. If need be, send Shaq Harrison in the deal cutting another 2.4. Everyone would like to waive Bamba and have him sign for less, but let's say they keep him at that number for now.

Buddy - 18.5
Bamba - 10.3

Now you've got 10 mil to split between Lonnie, Schroder, TBJr and Gabriel before that super tax. That's tough. Or let them all walk and save that 10+ for other vet mins, buyouts or the tMLE. I'd like to bring back TBJr most, just to have a decent wing. Wenyen is vet min so that's easy. Schroder & Lonnie maybe be priced out. But they've earned it so coo.

Trevor Lanes ideal/realistic off season

Dlo/shroeder
Ar/Christie/Hawkins
LBJ/Rui/brown jr
Ad/Vando/lyles
Reid/bamba

If not shroeder, then Javon Carter.

Team is hard capped

I love it

This would be great, but he said you've have to get Bamba to agree to sign on a big discount, Schroder under market value and TBJr & Lyles would have to be on vet mins. Everything would have to fall into place.

I think Harden going to Phoenix and unfortunately we gona sign CP 😢
How

I guess

Sign and trade dlo to philly
Harden to suns if he opts in
Cp3 to lakers

This allows lakers to clear their books next summer should lebron retire

Would be such a “laker” move

Doubt it. They ain’t that stupid. Right?

Last edited:
LeBron - $46.9m
AD- $40.6m
Vando - $4.698m
Christie - $1.720m

DLo - $21m (3 year / $64mil, 4th year team option / small guarantee. Falls somewhere between 19th - 22nd highest paid PG next year)
Rui - $16mil (4 year / $71mil, 7.5% raises. 4th year team option, last year is $19+mil. 18-24th highest paid PF depending on others FAs)
AR - $12mil (4 year / $80mil, Year 1 & 2 - $12mil each, Year 3 & 4 - $27mil each. 13th highest paid SG based on $20mil average.)

DLo
AR / Christie
?
Bron / Rui / Vando. (Bron will get a good amount of minutes at the 3, but starts at the 4)
AD

Total - $142,917,944

They could go 1 of 2 directions.
1. Decline Beasley, Don't Guarantee Bamba, Decline Harrison
Try to use full MLE around $11-12mil.
# 17 ($3.3mil).
Re-sign Lonnie ($7mil).
Then $5mil under the tax apron but only minimum deals to fill in 11th & 12th spots

2. Keep Beasley & Lonnie's cap hold, which puts them at the tax
Trade Beasley, 17 & 47 for a legit 3 or 5 that's $15-20mil in salary (I prefer a 3)
Buy a late 2nd round pick (not sure how the cash for buying picks has changed in recent years, but if available do it).
$7mil-ish tax payer Mid Level (use on either 3 or 5, whoever you didn't trade for).
Minimum deals for 12th roster spit.

Reactions: DLF
3-1, close this out next game.

They couldnt stop AD even with the ankle.

Bron wasnt shootin well but he had tons of assist and no turnovers.

D'lo stepping up was beautiful too.

3-1, close this out next game.

They couldnt stop AD even with the ankle.

Bron wasnt shootin well but he had tons of assist and no turnovers.

D'lo stepping up was beautiful too.
Lakers have to come out with urgency. The sea level elevation should help them. Number 18 Sunday fellas. I’d give 2 rings to Russ Westbrook for his inspirational speech at halftime

download.jpg

Back
Top Bottom