**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lebron's ⌛️ tweet is definitely an ominous one.

Does this mean a trade is about to go down? Quite possibly.

Does it symbolize time running out for Ham? Maybe. Interesting the tweet comes right before the Lakers are about to play two eastern conference contenders in BOS and NYK.

If the Lakers come unprepared to play in their upcoming 2 games, that may well be the final straw that broke the camel's back.

Ham and a couple players will be fighting for their Laker lives in the next few days.

All i know is this: come Feb 9, the Lakers will have a brand new team.

The Robfather II, coming soon to a big screen near you.

Same ****, different year. Honestly tired of talking about the same issues every year.

That's the crazy part. Besides the chip year our roster has continued to be below standard and it takes a trade deadline move to look better.

The one thing I will say about Kobe, it seems like his team's were always ready. We didn't have to worry about effort...

I just don't see that with these Bron teams.

Gonna get wrecked by Boston and NY, might as well rest Bron/AD. DLo and Prince were buns yesterday, Hawks putting up 138 points is sad

one thing I will say about Kobe, it seems like his team's were always ready. We didn't have to worry about effort...
Kobe was always ready… Pau, Lamar, etc would underachieve at times. Lebron is the just different… can play like the goat at times and other times leave you thinking wtf.

Maybe I missed it, but has he come out and said anything about being better or accountability for himself? Cause he’s really good at posting highlights and recaps of his accomplishments… I don’t care about any of those if the Lakers are losing, and if he’s focused on the right things then northern should be.

That's the crazy part. Besides the chip year our roster has continued to be below standard and it takes a trade deadline move to look better.

The one thing I will say about Kobe, it seems like his team's were always ready. We didn't have to worry about effort...

I just don't see that with these Bron teams.

2019-20 they played consistent and with effort when we had a coach that emphasized defense.

'21 was tough man :smh:

21-7 before AD got hurt.

Bron and Schroder had them rolling. Bron was #1 in MVP voting. He was really gon get another 1.

Then bum *** Solomon Hill Goldberg'd his ankle.

And even with all that, they had a 2-1 lead over PHX with a double digit lead in the first half of game 4. Then bam, AD goes down again.

Schroder/Caruso/Kuzma were *** in that 1st round, but it didn't even matter as long as Bron/AD stayed healthy. That team would've repeated. :smh:

Listening to Mat Ishbia and Mateen Cleaves rn talking about Coach Izzo and why players play for him and respect him.

The main take away - Izzo teaches and coaches with PASSION, and most importantly he shows full commitment in making his players better at executing what he teaches them.

The cherry on top? Ishbia stated these qualities permeate all levels of life, whether you're coaching high school, college, or the pros. Coaching is coaching.

"The fish don't just jump in the boat. You gotta actually go out and fish."
-Ishbia

Translation: "the players ain't gonna respect you just cause you were an assistant on the Bucks and won a chip. You gotta go out and coach to earn their respect so they execute with full intention"

Sadly, Ham aint learned this yet. And the Lakers don't have time to wait for him to learn to take off his training wheels.

20240131_094631.jpg
20240131_094501.jpg

From what I remember Marc was getting cooked on defense and was always a step slow....

That said he's still light years ahead of anyone else we had besides 2020 Dwight :lol:

Yeah Marc was good but absolutely food on defense and didn't rebound (common with this team the last few years)

Marc was getting old and slowing down, wasn't able to do anything on help defense, but 1vs1 defense in the post, he could still hold it down. He'd be a perfect Jokic stopper if 10 years younger

Marc was good, got COVID and then politics dictated starting Drummond over him. Then the bad match up vs the Suns with no AD to help him out.

Bron era in a lotta ways been more trouble than what it has been worth. We got one title out of it and tied Boston but they'll most likely break that this season, constant roster turnover and been barely scraping in the playoffs pretty much every season except the one where a pandemic gave us a reprieve.

Just ready for it to be over. But here we go again with all the passive aggressive foolishness that'll cost us more assets even the team just sucks and that's what the realization needs to be for everyone.

Bron era in a lotta ways been more trouble than what it has been worth. We got one title out of it and tied Boston but they'll most likely break that this season, constant roster turnover and been barely scraping in the playoffs pretty much every season except the one where a pandemic gave us a reprieve.

Just ready for it to be over. But here we go again with all the passive aggressive foolishness that'll cost us more assets even the team just sucks and that's what the realization needs to be for everyone.
Post-Bron era gonna be rough. No picks until 2029, not much young talent, aging AD

Yea I'm ready to go back to the can't-wait-to-see-where-we-land-in-the-lottery era.

Fun times.

Please tell me how much better of a place were the Lakers before Bron? The last title was in 2010 and they hadn't been a legitimate competitor since 2012.

They were in purgatory.

1706728439406.png

Back
Top Bottom